The QQ pet & critters thread...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meet my new dog Uno, after my last dog passed at the beginning of July, I waited a bit and at the beginning of September, I adopted Uno from a rescue in Central PA. He's a rambunctious 8 month old pup :)
He looks really happy

OK, too much cuteness for a while on this thread, time to get back to the harsh reality of spooky, yet beautiful, critters. This is an Australian garden orb-weaver that lives in my grapevine trellis. It comes out at night, spins a web hoping to catch any insect flying by, then goes back under the leaves during the day to avoid predators. Repeat.

View attachment 72332
What is the small really venomous one my Australian cousins told me about?

Meet my new dog Uno, after my last dog passed at the beginning of July, I waited a bit and at the beginning of September, I adopted Uno from a rescue in Central PA. He's a rambunctious 8 month old pup :)
Hello to Uno, pleased to meet you. I bet there's lots of good walks & belly rubs in your future!

OK, too much cuteness for a while on this thread, time to get back to the harsh reality of spooky, yet beautiful, critters. This is an Australian garden orb-weaver that lives in my grapevine trellis. It comes out at night, spins a web hoping to catch any insect flying by, then goes back under the leaves during the day to avoid predators. Repeat.

View attachment 72332
Imagine that ending up in your hair after you've brought food and water to the pets before the sun comes up. The orb weavers around here aren't nearly so colorful.

IMG_0929.JPG

Our cat Griffen will only drink out of this dish. Well technically he will also drink out of the bathtub.

Anyway, the water dish is normally tucked back in the corner by the chair. I was working from home and came into the kitchen to grab some coffee. Griff had moved his dry dish and was just sitting there waiting for someone to fill it.

I wonder how long he was sitting there like that? He's a good cat.

8JjHDEt.jpg
Our cat is pretty old. We fill a clean mop bucket up to the brim with water. He doesn't even have to bend down to get a drink... :)

Our cat is pretty old. We fill a clean mop bucket up to the brim with water. He doesn't even have to bend down to get a drink... :)
I've had the water bowl just below shoulder height for the old boy for some time. He seems more relaxed outside when he's not hunched over and can keep an eye out. I should do that for his food as well though he always stays inside at night. Also avoid plastic water bowls, use only stainless, glass or porcelain, they can develop chin acne otherwise.

We have been in Bosnia this past week. This cat belongs to a restaurant. He obviously knows a sucker when he sees one, so he came up to me and I gave him a tidbit of chicken. He wouldn’t leave me alone for the rest of the meal (yes I gave him more) and he followed me out into the courtyard. There are cats all over the place here in the Balkans, all lobbying for petting.

IMG_20211008_125502729.jpg

We have been in Bosnia this past week. This cat belongs to a restaurant. He obviously knows a sucker when he sees one, so he came up to me and I gave him a tidbit of chicken. He wouldn’t leave me alone for the rest of the meal (yes I gave him more) and he followed me out into the courtyard. There are cats all over the place here in the Balkans, all lobbying for petting.

View attachment 72474

"I like food, too!"

Doug

My son's Husky, Nico, and his son, Liam. I LOVE my grandson!!!

View attachment 72440

It's amazing, to me, how most dogs are so good with little kids. The dog we had back in the seventies (half Lab, half Cocker Spaniel), although he could be pretty feisty and even "stern" with adults, absolutely adored our little daughter and let her do anything she wanted to him (she was incapable of being mean, however).

I still swear that, one time, I came in the front door and she was sitting on him, holding onto his ears, and he was giving her a ride.

And, woe would it have been to anyone who tried to harm her.

My grand kids are now 6 and 3 and I love 'em to the moon and back.

Doug

Reactions: GOS
It's amazing, to me, how most dogs are so good with little kids. The dog we had back in the seventies (half Lab, half Cocker Spaniel), although he could be pretty feisty and even "stern" with adults, absolutely adored our little daughter and let her do anything she wanted to him (she was incapable of being mean, however).

I still swear that, one time, I came in the front door and she was sitting on him, holding onto his ears, and he was giving her a ride.

And, woe would it have been to anyone who tried to harm her.

My grand kids are now 6 and 3 and I love 'em to the moon and back.

Doug
It's exactly like that. Nico is a very rambuctious pup and he always jumps up on us and howls. We were SO worried he would hurt Liam. It's exactly the opposite. He is very careful with him and never, ever jumps or barks. It's striking. How do they know to be careful???

Back