The QQ pet & critters thread...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's amazing, to me, how most dogs are so good with little kids. The dog we had back in the seventies (half Lab, half Cocker Spaniel), although he could be pretty feisty and even "stern" with adults, absolutely adored our little daughter and let her do anything she wanted to him (she was incapable of being mean, however).

I still swear that, one time, I came in the front door and she was sitting on him, holding onto his ears, and he was giving her a ride.

And, woe would it have been to anyone who tried to harm her.

My grand kids are now 6 and 3 and I love 'em to the moon and back.

Doug
It's exactly like that. Nico is a very rambuctious pup and he always jumps up on us and howls. We were SO worried he would hurt Liam. It's exactly the opposite. He is very careful with him and never, ever jumps or barks. It's striking. How do they know to be careful???
Dogs are amazingly socially adept animals. We had a Cairn Terrier, Sandy, one day my mother asked if I'd seen my toddler sister (I'm 16 years older than her!) or the dog, I went looking and found my sister asleep on the dog in the lounge, she was using the dog as a pillow. I picked my sister off him and he shot to the back door desperate to be let out for a wee! He hadn't moved because my sister would have fallen off him so he'd stayed still. He also would tell my mother who started the fight (I have 2 younger brothers), Mum would ask the dog who started it and he'd just sit in front of the culprit looking at them! :ROFLMAO:

Dogs wouldn't have evolved to become domesticated and "man's best friend" if they weren't good with children (or didn't learn to be).

Anyone interested in how dogs became man's best friend should check out this book "The Genius Of Dogs"..
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=the+geni...us+of+dogs,aps,212&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_18
I read it several years ago. It's interesting but maybe a little deeper (scientifically) than the average lay person (like me) wanted it to be, but there is still a lot of info that most dog lovers will find enlightening.

Last edited:
It's exactly like that. Nico is a very rambuctious pup and he always jumps up on us and howls. We were SO worried he would hurt Liam. It's exactly the opposite. He is very careful with him and never, ever jumps or barks. It's striking. How do they know to be careful???

Yes, we were a bit worried before Nicole was born, too, but when we brought her home and he laid his chin on her, we knew it was OK. It was like, "She is mine and nobody better mess with her."

Doug

I'm doing some early holiday preparations.
I was looking through my files and here is the temp labor I brought in last year to help decorate the tree:

MVIMG_20201130_152103.jpg

Temp labor? I'd say a permanent hire!
Altho felines are usually better at removing tree decorations...
A few years ago some friends had just finished decorating their tree when their 'hired help' decided to jump into it and look more closely at the decorations, then climbed up its branches whilst inspecting it more thoroughly, this modified the centre of gravity of the said tree, and the 'hired help' hit the ground shortly after the tree! It survived! :ROFLMAO:

Back