The QQ pet & critters thread...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doing what he does best.....relaxing

ash6.jpeg

What was I doing? Ho
Oh, probably lavish my 2 cats with Fancy Feast "wet food", maybe let them sleep wherever they want. Allow them to lay on the kitchen table while we eat....and then.....allow Lamar on our bed tonight to sleep. Praise their every move as if they were our kids....

Oh wait, we do that all anyway. lmao
Yeah, before I got to the second paragraph I said to myself, “Just like every other day,”

Anybody else have your cat(s) follow you and bite your achilles tendon when they want attention, especially if they want to be fed?

I think it's funny that they know not to really bite and that they know to turn their head 90 degrees so they can do it.

Doug

Anybody else have your cat(s) follow you and bite your achilles tendon when they want attention, especially if they want to be fed?

I think it's funny that they know not to really bite and that they know to turn their head 90 degrees so they can do it.

Doug
haha, I know what you mean....but my big boy, Lamar....he just sits directly in my path, and when I try to get around him, he swats my leg with one of his front legs. Hilarious.....

Back in the early 80's, I lived in a dumpy apartment in downtown Wilmington DE. There were no screens on the windows, but there never seemed to be a bug problem. Just outside the window was a very large tree. As you'd expect, although I had little, I dragged my quad system to this place from my parents home. It was my most valued possession.

Anytime I played an Angela Bofill album....just her stuff...(unfortunately, stereo only,) a squirrel would climb the tree, come in, sit on the window ledge and listen. Eventually, "Shirley" became a regular in my apartment. I started by giving her peanut butter, eventually buying some nuts. She started coming further in, often finding her on the floor of my kitchen as I was making lunch. It got to the point that I could pet her between the eyes on the couch. I have an old picture of her somewhere. I'll need to find it and scan it.

She ONLY responded to Angela Bofill. Anytime I put it on, within minutes, Shirley was at the window. Anything else I played never brought her for a visit.

One day, she didn't show up. No idea what happened. I'm hoping Shirley met a man-squirrel and had some babies, but I'm kinda thinking it might have been a car that stopped her from coming around. 😢

UPDATE: I found a couple of photos of Shirley. :)

Attachments

• shirley1.jpg
    shirley1.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 291
  • Shirley2.jpg
    Shirley2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Emma. The summary

She was scheduled to be euthanized. My daughter was young at the time and wanted a cat. It was magic when these two met. Anja spoiled her. Named her Emma. The problem ? Emma was a boy. Never told our young daughter until she matured. Emma - so much smarts and attitude all in one. Em's and Anj were inseparable. Our daughter grew up and established her identity. Emma in the meantime became my rock n roll friend and my football freak. She would sit and watch football with me ! Loved music. The mancave. And pizza. 19 lbs of love for those she deemed worthy of her. We miss Emma

emma1.jpg

It is well known that sleeping dogs dream. The way they twitch & grunt sometimes I'm convinced they even have nightmares. Why would that be? The worst thing that ever happens is sometimes dinner is 5 minutes late...

View attachment 57131
One thought is that they sometimes chase animals in their sleep. I’m sure that they also romp in their favorite open space. I bet they also dream about food LOL.

Back