The QQ pet & critters thread...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
149748138_2905887289641780_1725011692449002051_n.jpg

This is my boy Jasper. This was taken in late 2008. The day that I adopted him from a rescue we had a major snowstorm......well at least for Portland it was. It snowed non-stop for close to a week which we never have. Jasper loved the snow and we had numerous outings running through the snow just generally having fun. He will be 17 (I think) in July and still hanging on thank god. We don’t have his records as he was a rescue so his age is just a guess, but was told that he was a couple/few years old when rescued.

8C62F47A-D375-47BA-B182-4435D57FD156.jpeg

This is my boy Jasper. This was taken in late 2008. The day that I adopted him from a rescue we had a major snowstorm......well at least for Portland it was. It snowed non-stop for close to a week which we never have. Jasper loved the snow and we had numerous outings running through the snow just generally having fun. He will be 17 (I think) in July and still hanging on thank god. We don’t have his records as he was a rescue so his age is just a guess, but was told that he was a couple/few years old when rescued.

View attachment 63943

What great pic of a good looking little guy! Seventeen years is a lot of walkies, belly rubs, & tug o' war memories. You're both lucky dogs!

We have two rescued pups, a Beagle-German Shepard mix (Ellie Mae) and a cute black & tan miniature doxie who is Jackson. Both of these pups were supposed to be 2>3 years old when we got them so now maybe 5>6 yo.

I think the breeder dumped Jackson because he has a slightly deformed funky left ear. When he's excited or paying close attention to something, it sticks up in the air like a gull wing door on a DeLorean. This pic was taken just a couple of days of him moving in when he wasn't quite sure whats going to happen, having already been adopted for a year & abandoned again:

JACKSON.jpg

Rescue pups are the best I wouldn't have it any other way. It's just a shame there are doggos (& cats) needing to be rescued.

What great pic of a good looking little guy! Seventeen years is a lot of walkies, belly rubs, & tug o' war memories. You're both lucky dogs!

We have two rescued pups, a Beagle-German Shepard mix (Ellie Mae) and a cute black & tan miniature doxie who is Jackson. Both of these pups were supposed to be 2>3 years old when we got them so now maybe 5>6 yo.

I think the breeder dumped Jackson because he has a slightly deformed funky left ear. When he's excited or paying close attention to something, it sticks up in the air like a gull wing door on a DeLorean. This pic was taken just a couple of days of him moving in when he wasn't quite sure whats going to happen, having already been adopted for a year & abandoned again:

View attachment 63958

Rescue pups are the best I wouldn't have it any other way. It's just a shame there are doggos (& cats) needing to be rescued.

Good on you for giving him a forever home. He is so cute. Yeah my Jasper was just a half hour away from “you know what” before he was rescued. They couldn’t adopt him out because every time they showed him he was fearful with tail between legs. I was volunteering with the Dachshund rescue after my dogs had died and had no intention of adopting. He was so terrified in his cage and barked at any dog that walked past but as soon as I took him out walking he was the perfect dog, obeying all of my commands and happy go lucky. That was it.....I was hooked.

View attachment 63958

Good thing I don't have a farm it would be rescued cat farm, right now I feed 8 four of my own inside the rest feral that I had spayed and neutered that live outside.

Good thing I don't have a farm it would be rescued cat farm, right now I feed 8 four of my own inside the rest feral that I had spayed and neutered that live outside.

Watch out for the gators 😀. Not sure where you live in Florida but the first, and only time I went there I spent every second looking for them as soon as we crossed the border. As if they were on every street corner or something. I like your avatar there. That station was not far from my current house in Lake Oswego. But I was too young to know about them until later.

View attachment 63943

This is a picture that I just took of my Jasper, some 12 plus years later. As you can see he has gained a bit of weight. He has arthritis or hip pain so he has not been getting his walks. Plus he hates the rain because he is so low to the ground. I am hoping that the upcoming warm weather will limber him up. Poor guy, he has never been sick before then all of a sudden he had every problem known to dogkind.

1EDC44CC-1C97-4AFE-BC4B-1E293761E6D5.jpeg

This is a picture that I just took of my Jasper, some 12 plus years later. As you can see he has gained a bit of weight. He has arthritis or hip pain so he has not been getting his walks. Plus he hates the rain because he is so low to the ground. I am hoping that the upcoming warm weather will limber him up. Poor guy, he has never been sick before then all of a sudden he had every problem known to dogkind.

View attachment 64029

Of course he's gained some weight. Dachshund's consume calories by merely breathing, I think. The concept of going out in the rain to pee is absolutely abhorrent to this breed. Our previous Doxie, Cleopatra X Bebop Lateef, lived till 13 yo. She was puppy right up to the last year. Gotta love 'em while you can!

Watch out for the gators 😀. Not sure where you live in Florida but the first, and only time I went there I spent every second looking for them as soon as we crossed the border. As if they were on every street corner or something. I like your avatar there. That station was not far from my current house in Lake Oswego. But I was too young to know about them until later.
Gators are in all the lakes but I'm not close to any and I used to listen to the station out of LO , I was born in Portland and left after retiring. I had a buddy come down from SC for a visit he saw the crosses people put up on the sides of the road after traffic accidents , I told him it was people eaten when changing a tire shook him up a bit. LOL

View attachment 63943

that is one handsome little guy !! Bless you for rescuing him. In some ways - when we rescue a pet, they rescue us.

Back