The QQ pet & critters thread...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're lucky in the UK no native venomous spiders and only one snake the adder which is rare (.....but I have stumbled across a few, and I really don't like snakes!), may be thats why we're always moaning about the weather :ROFLMAO:

I would be cautious & check your headphones too, before using. :oops:
Can't remember which thread I posted it on before, but it made go and dig it out again!
Furry Freak Brothers cat craps in headphones.JPG

Always entertaining. always inspirational. The admiral of 3rd-Fleet had arrived to inspect the ship. Equipment and operations along with an "open locker" inspection where his aids did quick visual inspections to ensure we were properly equipped with personal items. This was prior to a ten-month overseas assignment.

The adjutant (a full captain; a high-ranking older fellow) saw my pile of Freak Brothers, picked up the top one, quickly browsed through it and returned the comic. Looking at me he smiled, said "interesting, and went on his way.

Back in the groovy days prior to pee-testing. Navy life was so much more fun back then.

Attachments

• 1275302750497.jpg
    1275302750497.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Santa Fat Freddy doobie.jpg
    Santa Fat Freddy doobie.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 113
Always entertaining. always inspirational. The admiral of 3rd-Fleet had arrived to inspect the ship. Equipment and operations along with an "open locker" inspection where his aids did quick visual inspections to ensure we were properly equipped with personal items. This was prior to a ten-month overseas assignment.

The adjutant (a full captain; a high-ranking older fellow) saw my pile of Freak Brothers, picked up the top one, quickly browsed through it and returned the comic. Looking at me he smiled, said "interesting, and went on his way.

Back in the groovy days prior to pee-testing. Navy life was so much more fun back then.

😂 well put.

I miss my little guy every day .

View attachment 67679

Sorry to be a bummer but I lost my little one ( best friend ) last year to Cancer. Eventually I'll have to adopt another just like him , though.
It is a sad fact but that pets don,t live as long as we do
Over the years my wife and I have had a number of pets and lost them
for a number of reasons cats and dogs Rusty (I took my name from)
was nearly 20 years old our back yard is a pet graveyard

It IS a sad fact. My wife and I have loved- and lost - some wonderful pets in our many years. They had given us unconditional love. To fizzywiggs41, that handsome boy is an angel and you are an angel for taking him in and providing love and shelter

I agree 100 % but the alternative, my pet outliving me, worries me more. I'd hate to leave my best friend behind having no control of ensuring they have the best life possible. So, that's how I deal with it.

Mighty-fine critters you folks have hanging out in your abodes. Here atop the Ozark Plateau is the homeland of the infamous brown recluse spider. My 1933-built shack has a crawl space that is the perfect environment for those crawly critters.

12 glue traps spread around the interior living space reveals the omnipresent wandering of those unwelcome guests. I have no pets but the presence of those spiders is pert-near pet-like due to their ever-present visits.

I do not keep my shoes on the floor and even when retrieving them from the elevated shelf I give them a shake to dislodge a "pet" just in case. Hmmmm . . . looking over at the nearest trap placed a couple months ago I see 5 desiccating recluse carcasses. The traps in the other rooms grab more or less. One bedroom seldom contains a recluse body. The tiny laundry room gets the most. I detect the possibility of a scientific survey to determine brown recluse migration routes!!!

In the meantime, I still miss my deceased QRX-9001 and live with fond memories of joyous hours devoted to quad listening in my shack on the tornado-ridden plains of Nebraska. Sigh.

Happy Quadding!!!!!
View attachment 67428

Yowch !
That's an unwanted pet if ever I saw one.

Reminds me of that Patti Page tune :

"HOW MUCH IS THAT SPIDER IN THE BATHTUB ",
THE ONE WITH THE VENOMOUS FANGS !"

Still have many of my Underground Comics from the 60's on.
They're a great read at bedtime , and fwiw.... I wish they were still being puplished.

20210605_094311.jpg
20210605_094405.jpg

It IS a sad fact. My wife and I have loved- and lost - some wonderful pets in our many years. They had given us unconditional love. To fizzywiggs41, that handsome boy is an angel and you are an angel for taking him in and providing love and shelter

Yes they are definitely children that deserve our care.

"Immy" was a rescue dog btw (fr a rescue shelter) , and unfortunately had to be put down a little before his time .
9 and a half years old.

Its a sad part of life having a loved one that Mother Nature only provides a lifetime of 10 -14 years .
Anyway I'm watching Paul O'Grady's For The Love Of Dogs , at this time on TV.

Back