The QQ pet & critters thread...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On Monday 5/31/2021 we had to say goodby to our constant companion for the past ten and a half years, Arlo our trusty dog.
He was such an intelligent, gentle and beautiful animal, the likes which me and my wife will probably never see again.
Arlo loved to hike in the mountains with us. We took him to parties, the hardware store, traveled with us, went out to restaurants and was welcome in any home we visited. He faithfully and reliably brought in the newspaper every morning since he was 3 months old even in the worst of weather. We could put him in any situation and could always count on him to shine.
Arlo was an amazing dog, loved by all who knew him.
I love you boy! R.I.P. Arlo
View attachment 68155View attachment 68156
The dog of your dreams, thanks for the pics and descriptions.

That thing has some serious claws!
She needs to, not just to carry her own weight up the trees, but her offspring (once out of her pouch) are carried on her back until they mature. I've seen her walking upside down on a beam in the shed with her youngster clinging on to her back (i.e. first to hit the ground if mum's grip fails - but it never did). Didn't ever get a photo of that but just imagine this upside down, defying gravity:
Pepperpot and mum (Pepper).JPG

She needs to, not just to carry her own weight up the trees, but her offspring (once out of her pouch) are carried on her back until they mature. I've seen her walking upside down on a beam in the shed with her youngster clinging on to her back (i.e. first to hit the ground if mum's grip fails - but it never did). Didn't ever get a photo of that but just imagine this upside down, defying gravity:View attachment 68179

Which made me think of my parents watching Saturday night 'entertainment on the TV and Dame Edna's "Hello Possums"!
Dame Edna - Stand-up Comedy - Bing video

Oni again, sitting on the counter just about to start lapping up the water from the tap that drips. He'll drink from the cups we leave there but only if he sees you fill them with fresh cold water.
[IMG]

Last edited:
We used to have a cat, Alex, who would not drink water from any kind of bowl or other container.

He only wanted to sit in the bathtub and let a small stream of water fall onto the back of his neck. The water would then run down around his neck and he would drink it when it got to his mouth or he would catch the water with his fore paw and lick it off. So funny.

If he was absent for some time, we knew to look in the bathroom because he would be sitting in the bathtub waiting. Sometimes, if the period of time got long enough, he would let us know he was waiting.

He was a real good cat and we really missed him when his life ended.

Doug

Possums are misunderstood critters. They're actually good to have around. They're immune to rabies. If you see one in your yard, welcome it!
“How do you like your possum? Falling off the bone tender or with a little fight left in it” - Granny
“That’s the thing about left over possum, it’s just as good the next day” - Jed

Last edited:
“How do you like your possum? Falling off the bone tender or with a little fight left in it” - Granny
“That’s the thing about possum, it’s just as good the next day” - Jed
And then there' the armadillo, often referred to in Texas as "possum on the half-shell".

You definitely grow 'em big down there!
They grow a lot of big things Down Under. Like this 5 meter 😲 long croc named Scarface hanging out on the banks of the Daintree River. We were safely on a boat at a distance when they showed him to us.

But its the deadly small things there that are probably more likely to get you.

10. Scarface-Daintree River2.jpg

Back