The QQ pet & critters thread...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Quad kittens; 3 months old. We took in stray mama in January; by early February we suspected (surprise !!). Born March 2. Fostered through local shelter so everything was paid for. We adopted mom and the kids and everyone is spayed/neutered now. So cute!

View attachment 79777

Kittens discovering the world is truly one of the greatest things to watch. Thank you for helping these kittens and their mama.

20171227_115552.jpg

18740_1325534820316_7208159_n.jpg

This was my Bernese Mountain Dog, Digby. Other than my cat Sushi, this is the sweetest animal ever. Such a big dog, but so timid and sweet. My ex got custody of Digby when we split up. But like Sushi's mom, Digby's mom would let me go to Baton Rouge and visit Digby. A few years after we broke up Digby was diagnosed with cancer. He underwent chemo. I was planning on going to see him a few weeks after he ended up passing.

The day he passed I was at the Museum of Art here in Houston. I was in the section of Far East art. I was looking at a statue of The Buddha. Sushi's mom was with me, and she is buddhist. She is Chinese, i am white, and although I relate to buddhism the most of all the religions, even though I was raised Catholic, I thought it was a cheesy white thing to do to actually convert. Well, I stared at this statue and just started crying. It was so bad Sharon (Sushi's mom) and I had to leave. The next morning I got an email from Lisa (Digby's mom) letting me know that she was in the back yard. Digby was playing, he walked up to her and lied down. He put his head in her lap and breathed her last. I was devastated. I asked Lisa what time Digby passed. She told me that it was around 3:30pm the day before. This was the exact time I broke down looking at The Buddha. I do believe, as cheesy as it sounds, that I somehow sensed Digby's passing.

I had the same sort of thing happen when my stepdad and especially when my younger brother passed two years ago. Pets are family. It stands to reason we would have that connection to them. If you believe in that thing. He was a beautiful dog. So, so lovable.

Back