The Quadraphonic Gremlin Progress report....

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

par4ken

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
It used to be said that CBers were wannabe hams and they were looked down on by the amateur radio community. I had friends that tried to get me into ham radio but I never had the interest, same with CB radio. I'm too antisocial to have any interest in that!

scifi

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Its snowing here in College Park,, Md. Fortunately, I don't have to drive today. Before I retired, I rode the subway to and from work which seemed to be the best form of long distance travel when it snowed. Sometimes I ride my Bianchi Nyala when it snows.

Last edited:

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
So, this happened today. Sorry, didn't film the actual first start. This is third or fourth start. I filled the trans and figured I'd see what would happen with the 6-year-old gas in the tank and really.... happy with the results. Have a solid CHECK ENGINE light under run conditions, first was for charge temp sensor, and now apparently MAP sensor is out of range - so those two parts are on order. Should clear all engine codes at that point (fingers crossed).

But, it runs pretty good. Smooth, good throttle response and even sounds decent. Just gotta get the license plate lights in back working to make it legal, setup the end play on the rear axle and she's ready to rock & roll. Then I can get back onto the Gremlin!

Sonik Wiz

đź‘‚ 500 MPH EARS đź‘‚
So, this happened today. Sorry, didn't film the actual first start. This is third or fourth start. I filled the trans and figured I'd see what would happen with the 6-year-old gas in the tank and really.... happy with the results. Have a solid CHECK ENGINE light under run conditions, first was for charge temp sensor, and now apparently MAP sensor is out of range - so those two parts are on order. Should clear all engine codes at that point (fingers crossed).

But, it runs pretty good. Smooth, good throttle response and even sounds decent. Just gotta get the license plate lights in back working to make it legal, setup the end play on the rear axle and she's ready to rock & roll. Then I can get back onto the Gremlin!

View attachment 77261
Thathat doesn't look like a Gremlin to me. More like Big Truck.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
That doesn't look like a Gremlin to me. More like Big Truck.
By today's standards, it's actually quite a small truck.
But, I kinda had to get it together and in one piece before I could move onto other things. Finish my meat so I can have my pudding, so to speak.

It was also a bit of a challenge for yours truly for two reasons: 1) this is the first Dodge truck I've ever owned and 2) the first Dodge truck I've ever had to put back together. It's like putting a puzzle together but not having the box to know what the final result is. Add in the fact that this is a semi-modern vehicle that is fuel injected. That adds a certain level of difficulty to the puzzle.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
That's awesome man! I've seriously been waiting for more Gremlin reports. I dig these older vehicles.....
I'm going to be insufferably pleased with myself for at least a couple days. This was quite a challenge. While I didn't expect it to be a roaring success right off the bat, I couldn't have asked for a better result. The next step is change a few sensors to make the Check Engine light go away but beyond that, yeah - she lives! This is gonna be a cool, little truck.

And it might go Quadraphonic!! A buddy of mine has an AM/FM/CB factory radio. If I put that in, I might put one of my little Motorola Quads under the dash. As much as I like the in-dash 8-track.... for the truck to go Quad would just be hilarious. :LOL:

Doug G.

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Old pickups are great. My '94 Silverado I inherited from my dad still runs fine going on 250K miles. A little clickety-clackiety at idle but once it's revved with oil pressure back up - smooth.

Doug

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Just for shitty giggles, if any of y'all watch that "Rust Valley Restorers" show, two episodes of season 4 so far feature the shop (Pacific Muscle Cars) and the dude (Patrick) who painted the Gremlin.

I'm considering calling upon Patrick again to paint the truck, too. But, we'll see how things go this year.