The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Similar idea to last year's "Resilience" beer to aid the affected California fire areas, this year we have "All Together" to help out all the service industry people that can't work because of the virus. Ex Novo is the local participant so far and it's another really nice NEIPA with money going to those great people that pour the beer for me.....
[IMG]

Company (family) over for dinner tonight instead of the usual Sunday...sharing a crowler of Steel Bender Brewyard "Funky Pucker" black currant sour (5.2% abv, 5 ibu).
We aged a portion of Pucker Up Buttercup on our House Brett strain for about six months for a revival of this tart, fruity beer with more than a kiss of black currant.Vibrant crimson in color with a rich pink head, aromas of black currant, hibiscus, and funk lead to sharp dry currants and a long puckering finish. A little stronger, a little drier, and a lot funkier, this little beauty is a confluence of flavors that all flow to happy. Cheers everyone, and watch your mouth!
[IMG]

Long long week at work....feels really good, got tons done and actually quite enjoyed it....but so much time outside in there 95-100f weather and yeah, I'm ready for beer o'clock.

First, a share with Mrs....a back of the fridge bottle (must be quite old as they switched to cans ages ago!) of Boxing Bear "Black & Blue Tart" blackberry and blueberry sour (5.2% abv, 10 ibu).....still tasty and refreshing, showed no signs of age.
[IMG]

Something right off the line....La Cumbre "Sun Fade" hazy IPA v2020. Always liked this one and I'll get another couple 4-packs no doubt.
[IMG]

you know Dopplebock, sometimes I wonder just what mojo you are packing that you are always able to select beers with such vibrant colors. That tart looks wonderful.
We have grown to love our sours, and Mrs D's mom really enjoys them too so sharing is a pretty common thing, they're quite often so refreshing!

Super-busy week at work. With staffing limited still I'm on my feet all day long doing this and that. My phone registers 20k+ steps and about 10 miles every day....

.....so, very very ready for a wobbly-pop or three after I got home......sstarting with a share with Mrs D and her mom....Steel Bender "Double Raspberry Dynamite" kettle sour. Definitely getting one more 6-pack if they still have them.
[IMG]

A little bit of time just before dinner and to have with food, a pour from the keg of Boxing Bear "Oso Otuno" oatmeal brown ale
[IMG]

and after dinner with a few minutes before tending to grandkids bath time...Steel Bender "All Together" NEIPA
[IMG]

This afternoon out at Brew Lab 101 - it's a glass of "Essential Pie" sour ale with cranberry, cheery, raspberry and graham cracker. A collaboration brewed at the Canteen Brewhouse by the NM Chaper of Pink Boots:
This year's Pink Boots New Mexico Chapter collaboration beer reminds us of the good old days when life was as easy as pie. Essential Pie, an American Fruited Sour Ale boasts tart fruitiness from decadent cranberry, raspberry, and cherry puree. Graham crackers added in the mash provide a pie crust like sweetness to round out the experience.

We are proud to share this beer with the New Mexico craft beer community that has supported us all during these uncertain times. We are humbled by you, appreciate you, and look forward to many more years of collaborating with one another to assist, educate, and inspire the many talented and amazing women in our industry.
The Pink Boots Society collaboration beer arrives on tap and in cans at 13 local breweries
[IMG]

Wow, what a busy week at work. My phone says I was on my feet 25000 steps/12 miles today.....so yeah, I'm ready for a wobbly pop or two or....

Sharing with Mrs D, a small can of Epic Brewing "Lemon Bomb" - supposedly a tart juicy ale but tasted like flavored water to me. Glad it was just a single can given to us.
[IMG]

After that disappointment, I go for something tried and true, from our keg of Boxing Bear "Oso Otoño" nut brown ale.
[IMG]

Im going to try some Minnesota brew. Stay tuned. The packaging - in my opinion - says 'we are trying hard to be hip'. Hope the beer is better than the image

surly.jpg

you know Dopplebock, sometimes I wonder just what mojo you are packing that you are always able to select beers with such vibrant colors. That tart looks wonderful.
I agree. I love looking at the photos, I find them fascinating, the pictures, pallet for taste, and knowledge is great Dopplebock.

Sharing with Mrs D, one we've not had in ages...Weihenstephaner Kristallweissbier (5.4% abv, 16 ibu). Easy light weiss, good on a 100+ hot day.

[IMG]
For me, one of the things I like best about Weißbier is its unfiltered nature. I'll take an unfiltered beer over filtered almost every time. I admit, I'm curious about the Kristall, but if I'm buying Weihenstephaner, it's usually going to be Dunkel or Vitus (occasionally Original).

Back