The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

JediJoker

900 Club - QQ All-Star
Sharing with Mrs D, one we've not had in ages...Weihenstephaner Kristallweissbier (5.4% abv, 16 ibu). Easy light weiss, good on a 100+ hot day.

[IMG]
For me, one of the things I like best about Weißbier is its unfiltered nature. I'll take an unfiltered beer over filtered almost every time. I admit, I'm curious about the Kristall, but if I'm buying Weihenstephaner, it's usually going to be Dunkel or Vitus (occasionally Original).

doppelbock

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
For me, one of the things I like best about Weißbier is its unfiltered nature. I'll take an unfiltered beer over filtered almost every time. I admit, I'm curious about the Kristall, but if I'm buying Weihenstephaner, it's usually going to be Dunkel or Vitus (occasionally Original).
Totally, and 95% of the time I'd go for an unfiltered Weiss, but sometimes the clarity of a krystal just hits the spot - like the hot weather today.

Also, on a personal level it just brings back fond memories of sharing a few with the Dinger brothers (Neu, La D, etc) while sitting on the banks of the Rhine in Dusseldorf city...

doppelbock

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Another busy week at work. The dealership selling more cars than they are receiving so the lot is looking rather thin right now....that'll slow things down until the 2021's start coming next month. Still, lots for me to do dealing with trade-ins and service and emissions testings and test-drives and everything else.....my phone tells me I'm on my feet 22k steps and 10+ miles almost every day....so yeah, I'm earning my beer indulgences on the weekend.

Share with Mrs DC and her mom - Sierra Nevada "Wild Little Thing" slightly sour ale with guava strawberry and hibiscus (5.5% abv, 7 ibu). Really nice flavor, and while I know the can says "slightly sour" I think that's a bit overstated....good but needs a bit of tart-oomph to kick it up a notch.
[IMG]

And a seasonal staple - La Cumbre "Sun Fade" NEIPA v2020 (6.5% abv, 40 ibu)
[IMG]

doppelbock

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Another very busy week at work...still loving every minute of it though, great being busy and on my feet, "earning" my weekend brews....

Mrs D and her mom were having cider from a keg so I went straight into the hops....starting with Boxing Bear "Hindsight 2020" hazy IPA
[IMG]

and now a new one - Ex Novo "Lords of Hoptown" hazy DIPA (8.0% abv, ibu not listed but it tastes in the upper range). Our local Whole Foods Markets have apparently been very supportive of Ex Novo, so here we have a brew that is exclusive to the two of them, and aa very good one it is
[IMG]