The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a really short day at work - just 2 1/2 hours to clean up some odds and ends I couldn't get done yesterday. Shopping and laundry done this afternoon....time to chill before dinner.....

Ex Novo - "The Most Interesting Lager In the World." Nice easy going lager.
[IMG]

And then a new one this week, Ex Novo "Threat Level: Turquoise" west coast IPA (6.8% abv, 68 ibu). Very smooth IPA, should open up a little more by next weekend.
[IMG]

Really late in getting around to posting this weekend. Found out late Thursday just before leaving work that I needed to help deliver a vehicle up to Los Alamos on Friday morning and that bumped the stuff I thought I'd get done down the line for whenever I could fit them in. Usually that would have meant a Saturday work day again but I'd made plans for Mrs D and I to chill out and relax in Santa Fe. Left Saturday morning, avoided the easy I-25 route and took the longer but much more enjoyable Turquoise Trail...stopped in Madrid (NM) then had lunch at a relatively new brewpub that's along that road several miles before hitting Santa Fe.....Beer Creek Brewing. Shared a venison sausage pizza for lunch (delicious) and a flight of their beer - really good for a spot that's a bit out in the middle of nowhere.

Got home by lunchtime today, did some grocery shopping and now settling in while dinner cooks. Shared with Mrs D and her mom a couple cans of Canteen Brewhouse "Social Capital" raspberry sour.
Canteen-Social-Capital-Raspberry-Sour.jpg

And now a new release from the always excellent Ex Novo - "Intergalactic Pale Reality" pale ale.
Ex-Novo-Intergalactic-Pale-Reality-PA.jpg

Yet another Saturday at work...sheesh we're busy even with a shortage of cars right now. Managed to get out about 3:30 nd get some grocery shopping done. Then, home and chill until Mrs D comes home with the take-out dinner (kebab place).

Canteen Brewhouse "Sundance" kolas. Easy going light refreshing brew, perfect for winding down.
[IMG]

Next up is Second Street (Santa Fe) "Sloppy Sloth" NEIPA. Each release uses a different single hop, this time its sabro and for my taste its the best one they've done so far.
[IMG]

After that, how could I not compare with the just released Bow & Arrow "Cactus Flats" w/sabro NEIPA? This one wins but it was a fairly close call.
[IMG]

moving on to my second - and last - one. Great Lake Brewing out of Cleveland. Lake Erie Monster. 9.5% ABV 80 IBU. Banana taste. That is a turn off to me. Ill give it a 5.5 on a 10 scale

lakeerie.jpg

a nod to J Geils.
Roak Brewing. Blow Your Face Out. This one has a lot going on...dank, spicey, light malt and fruit. And at 10.5% ABV with 100 IBU !! Really tasty !! and - Pure Michigan
Just curious about preference, cold, cool or room temp for this beverage?

a nod to J Geils.
Roak Brewing. Blow Your Face Out. This one has a lot going on...dank, spicey, light malt and fruit. And at 10.5% ABV with 100 IBU !! Really tasty !! and - Pure Michigan

10.5% abv...that's normally Triple IPA range...high octane stuff!

Another work Saturday though I kept it down to less than 6 hours. Home after a bit of shopping and relaxing with a couple before dinner time....

Ex Novo "Blue Bucket of Gold" pilsner
Ex-Novo-Blue-Bucket-Gold-Pils.jpg

and now La Cumbre "Sun Fade" hazy IPA v2021. Maybe not as good as last year's batch but still a really solid smooth NEIPA.
LCBC-Sun-Fade2021-NEIPA.jpg

Back