The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Home now from a busy week again, especially today...my phone and watch tracked me at 15.7 miles on my feet! That deserves me some beer if I do say so myself.

Pour from one of the kegs, a friend's home-brew marzenbier:
[IMG]

And now while waiting for Mrs D to come home with the kabob take-out dinner....Ex Novo "intergalactic Pale Reality" pale ale. Last can, one I may want to get another 4-pack of if still any left.
[IMG]

Home now from a busy week again, especially today...my phone and watch tracked me at 15.7 miles on my feet! That deserves me some beer if I do say so myself.

Pour from one of the kegs, a friend's home-brew marzenbier:
[IMG]

And now while waiting for Mrs D to come home with the kabob take-out dinner....Ex Novo "intergalactic Pale Reality" pale ale. Last can, one I may want to get another 4-pack of if still any left.
[IMG]

I wish I had an Ex Novo near me !! They seem to hit all my beer hot buttons

They've to me been the best new kid on the block here and we're lucky. They've had a great reputation up in Portland and with one of them having roots here in Abq (Corrales) we lucked out in them wanting to expand into a new yet familiar area - seems its worked out well as they're always seem to be doing great business here even under trying circumstances

Another Saturday working but managed to keep it short and got some loose ends dealt with....out just about 1:30pm and got some errands done before getting to to chill out with some music and brews before dinner.

Shared with Mrs D - Founders "Mas Agave" prickly pear gose. Okay, but a little on the syrup side...too sweet. Honestly, the home-brew one we did a while back (and won medal at the home-brew competition) was much better.
Founders-Mas-Agave-Prickly-Pear.jpg

A single I picked up to try....Hop Valley "Bubble Stash" IPA. Decent, gave it a 3.75, but nothing to really set it apart in a crowded market.
Hop-Valley-Bubble-Stash-IPA.jpg

Released today, a "collaboration" between Boxing Bear Brewing (beer) and Gallo Negro Tattoo (can)..."Dr.Ink Me" IPA (7.0% abc, 120 ibu)....awesomely dank at 120 ibu...an IPA lover's heaven.
Boxing-Bear-Dr-Ink-Me-IPA.jpg

Last edited:
A few crazy busy days this week but no work tomorrow for a change...getting out of town for an overnight tomorrow.

Mom-in-law is over so we all shared a growler of Sobremesa "Queen's Dream" strawberry gose. Not bad for a new spot. Apparently some good food there too so maybe a lunch visit in the near future.
[IMG]

Now, it's a refreshing La Cumbre "Zuzax" kolsch.
[IMG]

Yes, worked today, but wasn't too busy - managed to get a few other things all sorted out during the day.

Sharing time, Modern Times "Fruitlands - Strawberry Limeade" - pretty tasty little sour, hope we get more of the variations here now that we are on their distribution map.
[IMG]

From SW NM (Silver City)...Little Toad Creek "Grumpy Old Troll IPA. I give it a 3.75...pretty smooth but aa little more bite would kick it up a notch.
[IMG]

Thought about going in to work today and was actually on my way this morning but decided I had loads of other stuff to do so I got some grocery shopping done and headed back home. Good choice. After completing the tasks I set out to do I headed over to Bow & Arrow and Boxing Bear to grab some of their new releases....

First up is Bow & Arrow "A Thousand Miles from Nowhere" hazy IPA (6.5% abv). Superb brew, great blend of citra, mosaic and strata
[IMG]

9.4 ABV and 100 IBUs.
From their website - Hops, used artfully, can be a lyrical journey for the palate. What you have here is the liquid equivalent of some old school classic punk rock poetry. We took the path less traveled 25 years ago, and it could be accurately argued we were a bit noisy in our adventures co-pioneering the West Coast style IPA. People heard that noise and joined us in the hoppy mosh pit, and the path has gotten even more lively since then. We based this recipe on the classics, with citrusy-piney Centennial, Chinook and Columbus hops, plus a dash of ‘new classic’ Citra for good measure. Big yet refreshing, bold yet nuanced. Undeniably LOUD. Just as we like it.

I like it

stoneliquidpoem.jpg

Back