The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't get around to posting last night as I got home late from work and dinner was on the table waiting...couple tv shows etc....but there was a few consumed.

Now, while Mrs D finishes her work shift and picks up dinner on the way home I got several chores done and it's time to settle down. First up was a can of Ex Novo "Stay Goalden" ale, a brew done in support of our local NM United soccer club. Pic is actually from the can I had last night!
[IMG]

And now, Bow & Arrow "Hola Hazy #4" NEIPA. Good, but I suspect even better after it settles down in the can for a week.
[IMG]

lets head to Iowa. Toppling Goliath. King Sue. This full-bodied, hazy double IPA is Citra-hopped with a juicy combination of mango, orange, and pineapple flavors finishing with a grapefruit aroma and ferocious bite. A real nice and enjoyable one !

kingsue.jpg

Toppling Goliath gets pretty high ratings and I'd try 'em out if they were distributed here. I check when I'm in Colorado and Arizona but not seen them there (yet) either...someday I'll be somewhere where I can grab some of their brews....

La Cumbre - Sun Fade v2021 hazy IPA....juicy, smooth and delicious.
[IMG]

And a break from the haze but not the hops....Boxing Bear "DrInk Me" west coast IPA...last one....need another batch of this.
[IMG]

What the heck is the story with La Cumbre brewing? It almost seems like you post a different beer each time you post. How many brews can they possibly make? Obviously, I'm going to look at their website now. :)

What the heck is the story with La Cumbre brewing? It almost seems like you post a different beer each time you post. How many brews can they possibly make? Obviously, I'm going to look at their website now. :)
OK, not as many as I thought. I must have imagined it. lmao

Like many breweries, La Cumbre and Ex Novo have their year-round staples and then they do seasonal smaller batch brews. It used to be mostly growler/squealer/crowler fills but the Covid shutdowns got many breweries into doing more canning as a means of survival.

First up this evening, a single can I grabbed off the shelf at Total Wine...Alaskan Strawberry Haze IPA (6.0% abv). I gave it a 3.5 when I checked in but I may bump it up just a notch to 3.75...the strawberry is subtle which is good, and it didn't come through until I'd had more of the glass....
Alaskan-Strawberry-Haze-IPA.jpg

And now it's Steel Bender Brewyard "Big E" IPA. Good stuff from a great local spot. Last time they did this recipe it was only on tap, growlers/crowlers....I like getting the 12oz can of the higher octane stuff.
SBB-Big-EIPA.jpg

First in the queue today - Bosque Brewing "Mr. Melon Gose To Work" watermelon gose (5.5% abv). Really nice. Excellent balance with the fruit, salt and tartness.
[IMG]

And now a regular in the rotation - Bow & Arrow "Scenic West" NEIPA
[IMG]

its a Pure Michigan night. Here is a tasty one from Wixom. Its a melody of Pacific Northwest hops with assertive citrus and pine aroma and flavor making it a favorite for any hop head . And Im a Hop Head !

That's a hoot, my old boss lives in Wixom, MI ... it has a smaller population than were in attendance at today's Crew game.

First up today was a share with Mrs D...Bosque Brewing "Mr Melon Gose To Work" watermelon gose
[IMG]

Then I went for a light ale, La Cumbre "Zuzax" kolsch
[IMG]

With our pizza dinner, Bow & Arrow "Hola Hazy v4"
[IMG]

La Cumbre - Project Dank Summer Edition 2021...always a top tier brew
[IMG]

And just opened a growler I picked up today from Gravity Bound - "Cloud Untamed" hazy DIPA. Very creamy feel, trash. Really like this brewery, I'd say they get my vote for best new one in 2020 (Ex Novo gets my 2019 vote....and these two have done a collaboration too, how awesome will that be?)
[IMG]

Nothing new and exciting today, just working on clearing out the fridge before heading out of town for a few days next weekend...

La Cumbre "Zuzax" ale....always a nice light refresher.
[IMG]

And then Nexus Brewery "Bird of Prey" IPA
[IMG]

Back