The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know Dark Horse was sold, too bad. Their little hippy commune was a fun place to visit and they have a number of great beers, Too Cream Stout, Scotty Karate, Toonilla, One Oatmeal Stout .. why yes, I dig them.

Ive got a Scotty in the cellar. Vintage 2017. Yep - Marshall, MI -----it was quite the destination...place looked like it had about 20 additions added to it. It was a freaking blast to go to......dint they even have a reality show on some TV network ?

Last edited:
Hoof Hearted Girth Brooks
http://www.hoofheartedbrewing.com/beers/girth-brooks.htmlImperial Stout with Coffee, Vanilla and Coconut. I think that they used some coconut milk because it is sweeter than expected for an imperial coffee stout.

Girth Brooks.jpg

First time in what seems like ages, neither me or Mrs DC working this weekend, and grandkids with their parents for the weekend, so out for a nice dinner we go! (local persian place...stuffed, and brought leftovers home still!)

Home after, watched some TV and now music time for me...it's an Ex Novo IPA evening it seems, and it's hard to go wrong with that:

"Cadillac Dreams"
Ex-Novo-Cadillac-Dreams-IPA.jpg

"Doctor's Note"
Ex-Novo-Doctors-Nore-IPA.jpg

"Emergency Cardigan"
Ex-Novo-Emergency-Cardigan-IPA.jpg

First time in what seems like ages, neither me or Mrs DC working this weekend, and grandkids with their parents for the weekend, so out for a nice dinner we go! (local persian place...stuffed, and brought leftovers home still!)

Home after, watched some TV and now music time for me...it's an Ex Novo IPA evening it seems, and it's hard to go wrong with that:

"Cadillac Dreams"
Ex-Novo-Cadillac-Dreams-IPA.jpg

"Doctor's Note"
Ex-Novo-Doctors-Nore-IPA.jpg

"Emergency Cardigan"
Ex-Novo-Emergency-Cardigan-IPA.jpg

Doctor...Doctor

Yesterday was Ex Novo, today it's Gravity Bound (since I stopped in there this afternoon)

Shared with the Mrs, "No Time To Idle" sour ale with blueberry, strawberry, vanilla and orange...so smooth and easy going down
Gravity-Bound-No-Time-To-Idle-Sour.jpg

Then "Where Lightning Strikes" pilsner
Gravity-Bound-Where-Lightning-Strikes-Pilsner.jpg

and now, "Leisure Dreams" hazy IPA
Gravity-Bound-Leisure-Dream-NEIPA.jpg

My wife got me a membership to The Bruery Reserve for Christmas, so far so good ...
I should be able to release these, and the stuff I get/buy each month, to DC when I go out to visit my sis this summer. If not, I'm going to eat a BIG shipping charge at the end of the year.
1642209445619.png

Old standby: Creemore Lager. Too bad they changed the label though, I prefer the original woodcutting.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/455/1654/
View attachment 75206

Way back when I lived in T.O. (left in '91) I always liked Creemore Springs...one of the few "local" micro that I had access to then. I still have an old cap somewhere band had a set of 4 glasses. Over the years a couple of the glasses got broken and the two I still have I can't see the logo any longer...washed off.

And being glad to be home after another long work week...it's well past beer o'clock...

Saint Arnold "H-Town" pils
Saint-Arnold-HTown-Pils.jpg

Marble Brewery - Red Ale. Had this a few times but not for a while...ought to get it more often as it's a really good red!
Marble-Red-Ale.jpg

Ex Novo "Cadillac Dreams" hazy IPA
Ex-Novo-Cadillac-Dreams-NEIPA.jpg

Regarding logos on glasses. We have many that have washed off, or at least made them very thin, nearly gone. I often wonder if that's due to using the dish washer? Or they wash off eventually anyway with careful hand washing??

Pretty sure its dishwasher issue.

Back