The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ex Novo again for me....this time "Marryin' Berries" sour with marionberry and raspberry
Ex-Novo-Marryin-Berries-Sour.jpg

later last night, the IPA menu included:

La Cumbre "Project Dank - Summer Edition v2022." Always a major hop bomb, dank and delicious
LCBC-Project-Dank-Summer2022-IPA.jpg

Boxing Bear "Sucker Punch" DIPA. Yes, packs a lot of hop punch....
Boxing-Bear-Sucker-Punch-DIPA.jpg

After the sour, a nice light pilsner was called for with our curry dinner....Gravity Bound "On the Run" - my last can of this really well done brew, hopefully he does another batch.
Gravity-Bound-On-The-Run-Piuls.jpg

Last night was west coast IPA, so tonight it's the NE hazy stuff...

La Cumbre "Sun Fade." This one's been a fave of mine since they first brewed it a couple years back.
LCBC-Sun-Fade-NEIPA.jpg

Gravity Bound "Obscurity In Bloom." A little more bitter than La Cumbre, but I do like that, and expect that in any kind of IPA.
Gravity-Bound-Obscurity-Bloom-NEIPA.jpg

No pics, on the road so can't resize well.
Holzlager Brewing Moostache Milk Stout. A roasty milk stout that isn't too sweet. Well done but not groundbreaking.

New Glarus Raspberrt Tart. A very crisp and refreshing raspberry lambic that is tart instead of sweet. I hope to find some more before I get out of Wisconsin. The 4 pack I grabbed will not last long.

Firestone Walker Cinnamon Dulce Nitro Stout.
Super flavorful winter treat exploding with cinnamon and vanilla with a frothy brown nitrous head.

So I’m now in Dublin, Ireland. Any recommendations for brews / microbrews here?
Strangely in the UK the only 2 beers I've seen and drunk (copiously!) are Guinness & Murphy's, I did once try some Guinness Ale at a beer festival (it was good). I can recommend the Irish Mist Liqueur - a sneaky little number, very nice, very more-ish!

I had some last night but never got around to posting...distracted by this nagging mild covid infection,

La Cumbre "Juntos" west coast IPA, all proceeds to help with the wild fires we're having here in NM this spring.
LCBC-Juntos-IPA.jpg

Boxing Bear "Sucker Punch" DIPA

and lastly Gravity Bound "Double Shuffle hazy DIPA.
Gravity-Bound-Dbl-Shuffle-NEDIPA.jpg

I had some last night but never got around to posting...distracted by this nagging mild covid infection,

La Cumbre "Juntos" west coast IPA, all proceeds to help with the wild fires we're having here in NM this spring.
LCBC-Juntos-IPA.jpg

Boxing Bear "Sucker Punch" DIPA

and lastly Gravity Bound "Double Shuffle hazy DIPA.
Gravity-Bound-Dbl-Shuffle-NEDIPA.jpg
I thought of you when I was on my road trip, never made it farther than Southern Utah, absolutely beautiful, I could live there. I hade some local beer from Moab Utah, was super good, forget the name. Then on the day we where to drive to Mesa Verde in S/W Colorado, wife tested positive so we decided to hightail it back to CA, 4 gas stops and 1- 20 minute Burger King, 12 hours, brutal.
Monday I felt good, Tues I felt sick, Weds I had Covid. Yesterday felt pretty good, today I feel lousy again, oh well, should be good by end of this week. Going to home test tomorrow just to see, and I am sure I'll be better by end of week I'll get pro test to confirm, they have free testing at the college right next to where I live.

I thought of you when I was on my road trip, never made it farther than Southern Utah, absolutely beautiful, I could live there. I hade some local beer from Moab Utah, was super good, forget the name. Then on the day we where to drive to Mesa Verde in S/W Colorado, wife tested positive so we decided to hightail it back to CA, 4 gas stops and 1- 20 minute Burger King, 12 hours, brutal.
Monday I felt good, Tues I felt sick, Weds I had Covid. Yesterday felt pretty good, today I feel lousy again, oh well, should be good by end of this week. Going to home test tomorrow just to see, and I am sure I'll be better by end of week I'll get pro test to confirm, they have free testing at the college right next to where I live.

Moab is a nice spot for a vacation, stayed there a few times when we've done Arches, Canyonlands, Natural Bridges. We'd normally stay at Moab Valley Inn right across from the Moab Brewery..Blu Pig BBQ next door was decent too. Mesa Verde is pretty cool too, too bad you didn't make it that far - guess that means you'll have to come back sometime. Durango is not far off from Mesa Verde and sports several local breweries. So much to see and explore in the 4 Corners area.

Late next month we are heading out on a road trip, this time to Bryce Canyon in Utah followed by Antelope Canyon in NE Arizona, both spots have been on our radar for a while and we finally just got stuff booked and off we'll go. In early August we're taking the 9 year old granddaughter that lives with us on another road trip....White Sands and Carlsbad. She's been to both before but loved summer sledding on the rolling white sands dunes, and she doesn't recall Carlsbad Caverns as she was under 2 years old when there before....she really wants to see the evening bat flight where thousands of bats come out of the cave entrance to head off for nightly feeding.

Last edited:
Moab is a nice spot for a vacation, stayed there a few times when we've done Arches, Canyonlands, Natural Bridges. We'd normally stay at Moab Valley Inn right across from the Moab Brewery..Blu Pig BBQ next door was decent too. Mesa Verde is pretty cool too, too bad you didn't make it that far - guess that means you'll have to come back sometime. Durango is not far off from Mesa Verde and sports several local breweries. So much to see and explore in the 4 Corners area.

Late next month we are heading out on a road trip, this time to Bryce Canyon in Utah followed by Antelope Canyon in NE Arizona, both spots have been on our radar for a while and we finally just got stuff booked and off we'll go. In early August we're taking the 9 year old granddaughter that lives with us on another road trip....White Sands and Carlsbad. She's been to both before but loved summer sledding on the rolling white sands dunes, and she doesn't recall Carlsbad Caverns as she was under 2 years old when there before....she really wants to see the evening bat flight where thousands of bats come out of the cave entrance to head off for nightly feeding.
Bryce Canyon was the place my wife tested positive and we came home. We stayed there two nights. The first day our arrival we drove in the park, visitor center, and drove to end of road 18 miles? and came back and stopped at every overlook, about 6 or 7 of them, beautiful all of them.
Second day we started our hike 9:15 into canyon down Queens Garden and came back up the Navajo trail (Wallstreet), stunning beautiful and wall street is a very narrow canyon, a switch back about every 15', very steep. They have a shuttle going in and out but we found taking the car was easier, always found parking. Might be more crowded when you go.
We went to a really good restaurant in Tropic about 20 mins east of Bryce. The cowboy restaurant next door to the motel we stayed at was lousy. There is a well rated bar b q in Tropic that we didn't get to.
It seems every time I go to the southwest my soul really gets pulled in, probably other people feel that way where I live on the Ca coast.
We where supposed to end our trip in Monument Valley (Navajo Nation) actually staying at a place there.
Oh well, got to get back. Tested again this morning (last positive was 6 days ago) and still positive, I feel way better but disappointed. I think I'll get a pro test at the college by my house on Thursday.
Trying to figure out how we got Covid, would have been either our first night in Vegas or the 3 days in Zion?

Back