The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home from work, started a share with Mrs D....a collaboration from Steel Bender and Ex Novo "Saison Deluxe" (6.1% abv, 30 ibu). Wasn't really to my taste but she liked it so I gave her most of my half.
[IMG]

Opted for a quick glass of home-brew prickly pear gose while making dinner....
[IMG]

On deck....the collaboration by La Cumbre, Modern Times and Pizza Port - "Big West" DIPA (9.2% abv, 100 ibu)> Going to be careful with this high octane one!
[IMG]

Currently enjoying a straggler from the Christmas beer selection. An Imperial Stout from Pohjala in Estonia. Winter Banger is described as inspired by British Christmas Cake and aged on brandy-soaked raisins. At 12.5% it’s a wonderfully indulgent beer to sip on a chilly winter’s evening:

5F5B1E6F-CAE2-438D-8D3B-BCC9E79DD95C.jpeg

Out doing stuff today, stopped at La Reforma and shared a flight - mexican red chile chocolate stout, hazy IPA, dark lager and in the back a scottish ale....good little brewery....got a little growler of their new west coast IPA for later.
[IMG]

Later on at home, Mrs D wanted a dark malty beer, so I opened a can of La Cumbre "Gilded Age" porter (5.7% abc, 35 ibu)...she got the big glass and I took the last few ounces.
[IMG]

Now, a can of Ex Novo "Eliot" IPA (6.6% abv, 65 ibu)
[IMG]

Munich trip underway. First stop was the Schneider Brauhaus on a crazy-busy evening.
Tap 5 Hopfenweisse was our choice to compliment the menu options:

At 8.2% it’s a strong option but surprisingly light and drinkable for a bock beer:
Been there. (y)

Schnieder's may be the best beer in the entire world. Love the Aventinus. Couple of those will make you blissed out.

On day 2 we dropped in at Tap-House, a smaller, independent establishment run in partnership with Camba Bavaria Brewery. They offer a huge range of beers, including 40 on tap!

BCD27F46-ACD4-4D02-982D-81F07FDFDB2E.jpeg

After some deliberation we settled on their own daily special, a dunkler bock called Ultra Reloaded (8.2%):

9C73ECBB-09B9-4AA9-A0FD-6551C7BC1C46.jpeg

and followed it up with another in the same style called Anniversator 2019 (8%) from Munich Brew Mafia:

AC8AE47E-5088-440E-B08C-2870B5F509B3.jpeg

On Sunday evening, I tried a tripel from Victorian brewery King River Brewing. It was called Waiting For Godot, and I surprised the barkeep by pronouncing Godot correctly. :LOL: I've never seen the play, but friends of mine at school studied it years ago, and somehow that knowledge stuck in my brain. The beer was served on tap, so I didn't take a photo; there's a review of it here, though.

We did plenty of bar-hopping on day 3 in between the regulation sight-seeing. Here are some of the highlights.

A lunchtime return to the Schneider Brauhaus for Tap 6 Meine Aventinus (8.2%) followed by an Eisbock (12%) which both earned full marks:

7CB48219-EB98-4020-9341-500D8CCE730B.jpeg

EF2AFDD7-9720-45E9-BCF1-2C81D63DBC82.jpeg

Next stop the Augustiner Keller where we both had a König Ludwig Weißbier Dunkel (5%):

D7B688C3-2AB8-4A32-B480-CD1714577646.jpeg

Final stop had us holed up in the hotel bar doing a little ‘people watching’ whilst downing a couple more Bavarian brews:
8F5DEEBC-F554-4DA7-A8FD-57344B41E096.jpeg

Das Helle is an amber ale (5.1%) from Tilmans Biers in Munich

A02797C6-15BA-44E8-8286-3D2C1CAE01F1.jpeg

We then tried a dunkle weiss from Hopf (5%) and Die Dunkle (5%) by Tilmans.

Back