The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this one is triple dry hopped American IPA. Up til now it was produced, packaged and shipped to retail in 24 hours. One Day IPA project. Now in cans and seasonal. Our little guy approves.....
beer6.jpg

It honestly doesn't happen very often, but I bought a 4 pack of micro-brew and I absolutely hate it. I don't think I can drink the other 3. Brewed in Alton, Illinois. It was a Mango IPA, and it had a bizarre Pilsner Urquel hop flavor to it. It just didn't work as an IPA. UGH....

Posting may be sporadic this weekend as we're moving house - what a great time we picked to do it huh....on the upside, not being able to go to work has given me some time to move things in the car, pack up more, generally be a little more ready than we would have been.

Heard that Ex Novo canned another one - "Some Things Last A Long Time" IPA (7.0% abv, 65 ibu) so as I was going in that general vicinity I thought I should grab some to go (all we can do here now is "to go"). It's double dry-hopped with citra, el dorado and montueka and it's pretty delicious....in fact I'll have another now, and be going by there again to buy more.
[IMG]

I made a grand mistake, and didn't buy good beer. I was in the local gas station, and a 6-pack of those little hand-grenade shaped Budweiser bottles caught my eye. Only, this is the amber that is aged in whisky barrels.

In 1 word. Horrific. Never again....

I dunno - we may have to ban you from QQ for awhile. jes kidding...……….hey stay safe over your way today and tonite. weather supposed to be rough

Reactions: GOS
I don't let no stinkin' deadly virus get between me and a new release from La Cumbre....the fourth in their series of Dbl Dbl Hazy DIPA series is "Community" hopped with ekuanot, nelson, suaven, simcoe, strata and citra and comes in at 8.5% abv and ??? ibu. Looking forward to having one later this evening but for now it's back to house moving chores.
[IMG]

Can't find a picture, and maybe it has been mentioned, but Urbana, IL 25 O'Clock Brewing Company, East of the Quad.

brewed with Rye. Rare. Very Rare. My hometown brewery. typically Tap only but you notice " Brewed for MI ". Rules broken - thank you - and - spicey yummy goodness !! thanks Dave E

reds.jpg

Back