The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A share with Mrs D and her mom...2 cans of Steel Bender "Mango Dynamite" kettle sour (5.9% abv, 5 ibu)
[IMG]

And then, my 1800th unique check-in on Untappd - Alaskan "Hazy Bay" juicy IPA (6.0% abv, 53 ibu). It's okay as an IPA, but not very hazy or juicy.
[IMG]
You’ve got a good Mother-In-Law, Doppel!

Trying to support local microbrewers with tap rooms.

Zipline Brewing has a branch Beer Hall five minutes from me who've had to lock their doors.
Their motto is "Brave New Brew" for any Aldous Huxley fans.

Been doing curbside growler fills, yesterday got a delivery to my front door of a case of IPA and a couple 750s of their 10.8% ABV Cherry Quad.

IMG_3961.jpeg

Friday early evening share with Mrs D - a growler of Canteen Brewhouse "Social Capital - passionfruit and lime"m fruited sour (6.0% abc, 15 ibu). Very good, the fruit combo works really well, might have to grab another crowler before it's gone.
[IMG]

And now, my first can of the new Ex Novo "Spirits of the Dead" NEIPA (7.3% abv, ibu ??). Juicy, slight tang on the finish yet very smooth...another winner from this brewery. Love the can design!
[IMG]

yes. Hopslam...again. But its sooo yummy
Yup...Bell's starting selling here a year or so ago...top-tier brewery and I'll try almost anything they throw my way.

A dark lager for me now....Steel Bender Brewyard "Die Dunkel Seite"
Steel-Bender-Die-Dunkel-Seite-Dark-Lager.jpg

Here in Denver I've been trying to support Ratio Beerworks by refilling their growlers. I have drank a few of:
Dear You - a dry and earthy saison, and Domestica - a standard ale. Dear You is a Jawbreaker album, Domestica is a Cursive album; they name all of their beers after albums or songs.
...but I drank them and went and bought a bunch of Hoegaarden, my go-to beer. Question for Belgians: does anyone drink Hoegaarden in Belgium? I ordered it on tap there and the bartender seemed to laugh at me. It is quite common for exported beers to be unpopular beers locally so I assume in Belgium it is not popular. I love it! Prost!
Unrelated, it would be fantastic to hear a surround mix of anything by Judee Sill.

Attachments

• 20200414_125217.jpg
    20200414_125217.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 169
Sharing with Mrs D and her mom - Steel Bender Brewyard "Double Raspberry Dynamite" kettle sour (6.0% abv, 5 ibu). They doubled the amount of fruit for this batch and boy is it ever tasty, need to get another 4-pack.
[IMG]

Back