The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slumming with a decaf coffee tonight, but with biscotti fresh out of the oven it should be understandable ...

here I go again. Ferndale Project. They have become my 'go to'. Just incredible high quality beer. This one is Happy Glamper. A New England double ipa double dry hopped with idaho 7, waimea, and citra hops . 8.4 ABV no IBU rating

happyglamper.jpg

Stupid Quadrupid. Yep - thats the latest from the Bells cellar. Found only at their general store. Its - gulp - a west coast Quadruple IPA with 15 percent ABV and 130+ IBUs !!!! Heavily dry hopped, this unique honey beer is bitter but also surprisingly drinkable

bellsquad.jpg

I'd love to get my paws on one of those Bell's....

For now, Ex Novo "Verbose Verbiage" IPA
Ex-Novo-Verbose-Verbiage-IPA.jpg

and Boxing Bear "Quick Jabs" NEIPA (we were given a 5 gallon keg of it last weekend....ain't life grand)
Boxing-Bear-Quick-Jabs-NEIPA.jpg

No work this week. My job is mostly with the sales people and they've been shut down for the rest of the month....oh well, a little break is welcome and the granddaughter loves having me help her with online school so it's "Saul Goodman"

I stopped my the Marble taproom yesterday to get a jar (or two) of a salsa they made in cola with a mexican restaurant here....used their red ale, and it's dang delicious. I saw they had a lager infused with green chile..."Autumn Roast" (7.0% abv, 25 ibu). Subtle, but the flavor is there and gives a nice little kick at the end....must get another growler for sure.
Marble-Autumn-Roast-Chile-Lager.jpg

okay. back to inspired brewing and Pure Michigan! Lampshade Party Ale by Bells Brewing. This Double IPA is dry-hopped with Australia’s Galaxy and the Pacific Northwest’s new-school IPA hop, Idaho 7. The hop character jumps out at you with juicy aromas of fruit punch, red berry and pineapple. Bitterness is there, but balanced with a nice malt character. Real nice . Real yummy

lampshade.jpg

Hoppy stuff yesterday and today....all locals.

Bow & Arrow - Standin' on a Corner in Winslow, Arizona"
Bow-Arrow-Winslow-NEIPA.jpg

Ex Novo - Vebose Verbiage
Ex-Novo-Verbose-Verbiage-IPA.jpg

La Cumbre - Telepathic Turkeys
La-Cumbre-Telepathic-Turkeys-NEDIPA.jpg

Forgot to post this. Clown Shoes does not disappoint.
The residual sweetness from the maple bourbon barrel provides a nice counterpart to the bitterness of the Imperial Stout.
20201127_193826_HDR.jpg

Called back to work this week after a 2 week shutdown...first day back was asked to drive to Truth or Consequences and back...2 1/2 hours each way....sure why not. Lot full of cars to sort out, made lots of headway. Then today had to go "rescue" one of our sales team...she was on a test drive with a customer and it turns out her picnic basket is missing several sandwiches, total loco person. I let the salesperson take the car I came in back while I dealt with the psycho lady....she still insisted on continuing her test drive! Finally got her back to the dealership and she wanted to try a different car....I'm not a salesperson so I said I had my own stuff to look after and maybe it was best to call it a day for now. The GM came out and backed me up on that and away she went....I then went to calm the sales woman who had locked her office door as she was somewhat afraid this psycho might go too far. Never did I imagine I'd be dealing with this kind of stuff when I accepted the job....they need to pay me more!

But, home now and Mrs D brought home a great curry dinner and that calls for BEER.

A pour from the keg of Boxing Bear "Quick Jabs" NEIPA
[IMG]

And now a can of Steel Bender Brewyard "Hop Fink Haze" NEIPA
[IMG]

Back