The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now this is more like it....Boxing Bear "BearShark" west coast IPA (7.6% abv, 80 ibu). Dry hopped with Galaxy, Citra and Simcoe it's a fantastic take on the classic clear IPA....definitely picking up extras of this one.
[IMG]

(Q: would a session version be a baby shark do do do do do do)

Its the hoppiest time of the year. Hopslam is out. circa 2021. Back in bottles for the first time in a long long time. Real fresh this year and hop forward...a little less honey presentation. More dank. My opinion ? the best version in the last 6 years. 10 percenter DIPA with 65 ibus. A biting, bitter, tongue bruiser of an ale. With a name like Hopslam, what did you expect?

hopslam2021.jpg

Last edited:
Phase Three Brewing out of Chicago. Compliments of my daughter. Another DIPA brewed with 2-row barley, and a hint of light crystal malt. hopped with a classic american hop profile consisting of ctz, amarillo, simcoe and centennial. dank weed, citrus peel, pine and lemongrass 8 percenter. Clean ending. Solid. 8 on 10 scale

phasethree.jpg

Its the hoppiest time of the year. Hopslam is out. circa 2021. Back in bottles for the first time in a long long time. Real frash this year and hop forward...a little less honey presentation. More dank. My opinion ? the best version in the last 6 years. 10 percenter DIPA with 65 ibus. A biting, bitter, tongue bruiser of an ale. With a name like Hopslam, what did you expect?

View attachment 61456

I always grab some Hopslam when they make it out here...I'll be on the lookout! Usually takes a couple weeks to make it through the distribution channel and into the shops here.

One of my local faves, Bow & Arrow Brewing, recently had their "Standing on a Corner in Winslow Arizona" NEIPA...they followed up with this one, "Through the Desert on a Horse with No Name" - what's next?
[IMG]

Relax time after another really busy work week. Another drive to/from Durango on Wednesday, started at 6:15am and did a 12 hour day, more cars arriving and getting sold, my phone tracks me at 11-13 miles on my feet every day! Total fun for me though, and it's noticed and appreciated by the managers - I was awarded "Employee of the Year" for 2020...wow.

Got home and had a can of Red Door NEIPA
[IMG]

Then with dinner a can of La Cumbre "Hoplaunch" IPA...liking my new glassware!
[IMG]

Sharing with Mrs D - Wild Mind (Milwaukee, WI) "Electric Rainbow" sour with raspberry, peach and lemon (4.5% abv). Very good...great color, nice and tart and full of flavor.
[IMG]

Rio Bravo "Quarantine King" IPA (7.0% abv). Nod bad but nothing special...average IPA.
[IMG]

Didn't post last night....just being lazy and went through some of the usual recent stuff, nothing new.

Today, my last can of Boxing Bear "Bear Shark" IPA - hope they do another batch of this one soon.
[IMG]

And now a local staple, Ex Novo "Mass Ascension" IPA
[IMG]

Back