The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a boring old can of Guinness Draught poured into a beer glass. Actually, my second.

Yes, that’s my exposed speakers wires and Interconnect cables on the floor in the background.

image.jpg

Reactions: GOS
Just a boring old can of Guinness Draught poured into a beer glass. Actually, my second.

Yes, that’s my exposed speakers wires and Interconnect cables on the floor in the background.

View attachment 67731

there is nothing wrong with an enjoyable beer. No matter what it is. Because ? its an enjoyable beer!!
.And ? You picked a really really good one btw. yum ! A classic

only in Michigan.............last weekend we had frost and coats. One week later - its blistering hot !! Wifey and I went for a bike ride and decided its just too sultry to be outside. So - indoor sports......music , QuadieQuad and putzing. Oh and yeah - enjoying a frosty one on this hot day. And it might as well be from Michigan. Pure Michigan

70+ipa.jpg

only in Michigan.............last weekend we had frost and coats. One week later - its blistering hot !! Wifey and I went for a bike ride and decided its just too sultry to be outside. So - indoor sports......music , QuadieQuad and putzing. Oh and yeah - enjoying a frosty one on this hot day. And it might as well be from Michigan. Pure Michigan

View attachment 67758
Michigan is a great craft brewing state!

at last count 45 breweries within 20 miles of my house. We 'ganders like our beer !. I will say, my daughter lives in Chicago and there are some incredible local breweries in the Windy City The art and small business of craft brewing is a great thing no matter where.

I travel a LOT across the midwest (i.e. - Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, MIchigan, Wisconsin) I'm often amazed at all the small craft breweries that seemingly pop up over night. I don't mean big places....little places that only brew for their immediate region. Simply awesome......

I live in a very rural area (central IL) There is a little (I mean small) brewery about 17 miles from my house. It's in a damn barn, in the country. I just love it. They even grow their own hops in a small field next to the barn.

I often laugh (lovingly, lmao) at those who have an opinion of what "in the country" means. For those that live in a big city...out in the country is absolutely any place that is not that city. For those of us who didn't grow up in a city, we know what country means. Anyway......my point is...this brewery is in the country. Not a suburb of a larger city. :)

I travel a LOT across the midwest (i.e. - Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, MIchigan, Wisconsin) I'm often amazed at all the small craft breweries that seemingly pop up over night. I don't mean big places....little places that only brew for their immediate region. Simply awesome......

I live in a very rural area (central IL) There is a little (I mean small) brewery about 17 miles from my house. It's in a damn barn, in the country. I just love it. They even grow their own hops in a small field next to the barn.

I often laugh (lovingly, lmao) at those who have an opinion of what "in the country" means. For those that live in a big city...out in the country is absolutely any place that is not that city. For those of us who didn't grow up in a city, we know what country means. Anyway......my point is...this brewery is in the country. Not a suburb of a larger city. :)

I love how little rural towns all seem to have a micro brewery. The folks in these little towns embrace the brewery as their own. Its THEIR brewery. Their town . Their pride. What once was - perhaps - a greasy spoon - is now the town brewery. Gene, I dont have as far a travel reach - but hitting these little towns - and "THEIR" brewery is a joy. And the food ? Typically top notch as its prepared with pride, with love from a small business owner. These little breweries are the modern day 'grange halls'. Socializing gossiping friendship beer - and food

at last count 45 breweries within 20 miles of my house. We 'ganders like our beer !. I will say, my daughter lives in Chicago and there are some incredible local breweries in the Windy City The art and small business of craft brewing is a great thing no matter where.

Where I live in Kansas only 21 breweries, micro or otherwise, call it home. The worst Kansas beer I've ever had is Life Coach from the Kansas Territory Brewing Co. I purchased 3 cases Xmas shopping ~ 5 years ago for myself & son in laws. Neither of us could finish the case. Maybe that's why it only cost .92 a can.

My favorite Kansas beer is from Free State Brewery in Lawrence called Ad Astra. They don't have a huge variety, only one lager, But I never fail to enjoy their beers.

Next door in Missouri there are about 70 breweries. It's hard to place the worst beer I've had from there. Nothing as definitive as Life Coach. I guess anything Budweiser would qualify. But Boulevard Brewing is certainly the home town local favorite here. I have only seen @doppelbock mention the company in this thread. Hard to think of them as a local craft beer tho, when you drive by & see multi-story brew tanks reaching for the sky. Budweiser & Boulevard are both owned by InBev but their taste & beer selection couldn't be more different. If I am out and about & don't want to get caught in decision stasis, my knee jerk selection is Boulevard un-filtered wheat. But by far my fave beer from there is the Bourbon Barrel Quad. At 12 % ABV it works wonders on an empty stomach. Much more flavor then the usual kitty piss but not a meal like Guinness.

Yes, this made me thirsty. Must quench...

Where I live in Kansas only 21 breweries, micro or otherwise, call it home. The worst Kansas beer I've ever had is Life Coach from the Kansas Territory Brewing Co. I purchased 3 cases Xmas shopping ~ 5 years ago for myself & son in laws. Neither of us could finish the case. Maybe that's why it only cost .92 a can.

My favorite Kansas beer is from Free State Brewery in Lawrence called Ad Astra. They don't have a huge variety, only one lager, But I never fail to enjoy their beers.

Next door in Missouri there are about 70 breweries. It's hard to place the worst beer I've had from there. Nothing as definitive as Life Coach. I guess anything Budweiser would qualify. But Boulevard Brewing is certainly the home town local favorite here. I have only seen @doppelbock mention the company in this thread. Hard to think of them as a local craft beer tho, when you drive by & see multi-story brew tanks reaching for the sky. Budweiser & Boulevard are both owned by InBev but their taste & beer selection couldn't be more different. If I am out and about & don't want to get caught in decision stasis, my knee jerk selection is Boulevard un-filtered wheat. But by far my fave beer from there is the Bourbon Barrel Quad. At 12 % ABV it works wonders on an empty stomach. Much more flavor then the usual kitty piss but not a meal like Guinness.

Yes, this made me thirsty. Must quench...

at last count, 357 breweries in Michigan. I think this is good - Or ? perhaps we are a bunch of drunks and lushes............hmm............

When I moved to Abq in 2009 we had but 2 or 3 breweries in town. Now, I've lost count. Several all popped up in one of the more "industrial" areas of town and it got designated as the "beer district." Almost every town of any reasonable size in NM now has a brewery or two, and there are some in quite remote areas that I'd like to check out sometime.

Grilling burgers for dinner, and what better to have with them than beer.

Bow & Arrow "A Thousand Miles from Nowhere" hazy IPA (6.5% abv). Nice hop blend of strata, mosaic and citra
Bow-Arrow-Thousand-Miles-NEIPA.jpg

and then my last can of Bow & Arrow "Cactus Flats - Sabro" hazy IPA (6.5% abv). Looking forward to the next in this series and seeing which hop takes the stage.
Bow-Arrow-Cactus-Flats-Sabro-NEIPA.jpg

I have had Three Floyds. Not this particular selection, but here to say that they make really good beer. And 30 minutes up I-94 is Sawyer Michigan. Home of Greenbush Brewery. A fine establishment also

Back