The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

3 Floyds: Robert The Bruce is a great Scottish.
Zombie Dust is the best smelling American Pale Ale, bit hoppy for my palette though.
Moloko is a very tasty milk stout.

I'm outside a lot in my job....my watch and phone track me doing at least 12 miles on my feet every work day...and when it is hot Abq summer that sure makes the beer taste good when I get home on Friday...

A pour from the keg of a friend's home-brew marzenbier...
KF-Marzenbier2020.jpg

and then a can of La Cumbre's most excellent "Zuzax" kolsch (4.8% abv). Light brew but a nice full body flavor to it.
LCBC-Zuzax-Ale.jpg

I guess, some people don’t like hops and the real taste of beer. :LOL:
There's a lot of truth to that, I tend to drink most beer at room temperature so as not to dull the buds. When it gets really hot though, I'm guilty and will put pilsners in the freezer for a while. If ever in Amsterdam, check out In de Wildeman. Bierproeflokaal "In de Wildeman"

Last edited:
There's a lot of truth to that, I tend to drink most beer at room temperature so as not to dull the buds. When it gets really hot though, I'm guilty and will put pilsners in the freezer for a while. If ever in Amsterdam, check out In de Wildeman. Bierproeflokaal "In de Wildeman"
I’m not sure at what temperature they drink Guinness over in Ireland but I noticed that, even though I like my beer cold, the longer a Guinness sits, the better it tastes. Though, it’s usually gone when it’s still semi cold. 😁

I’m not sure at what temperature they drink Guinness over in Ireland but I noticed that, even though I like my beer cold, the longer a Guinness sits, the better it tastes. Though, it’s usually gone when it’s still semi cold. 😁
Neither do I. There was (possibly still available) a Guinness Brewers Collection that had some outstanding brews.

Neither do I. There was (possibly still available) a Guinness Brewers Collection that had some outstanding brews.
Yes, I purchased that only because Total Wine was out of the 200th Anniversary Stout and that collection contained 3 bottles. I liked the selection with the exception of the regular Guinness for which I’ve never seen sold separately here. I still have one bottle of the Antwerpen in my fridge. It’s an 11.2 oz bottle that has an 8% ABV.

Yes, I purchased that only because Total Wine was out of the 200th Anniversary Stout and that collection contained 3 bottles. I liked the selection with the exception of the regular Guinness for which I’ve never seen sold separately here. I still have one bottle of the Antwerpen in my fridge. It’s an 11.2 oz bottle that has an 8% ABV.
Now we're talking. That's funny you bought the twelve for the three and ended up liking more. I've done the same myself.

I haven’t been over to Total Wine since Oct/Nov of last year. I’ve been picking up my beer whenever I’m shopping at Whole Foods. As you know, Cibola, Total Wine has a huge collection compared to any Whole Foods store. A couple of years ago they started carrying the Guinness 200th anniversary beer for a limited time. I was hooked! It tasted slightly sweet with chocolate notes. One of the managers told me it was a limited time supply for the 200th anniversary of being in America. I told him that the beer was so good that they should make it a permanent beer. Several months after it went out of stock, it came back. I thought Guinness heard my cry but it disappeared again. 😤

No surprise, it's a very hoppy day here...

La Cumbre "Sun Fade v2021" hazy IPA
[IMG]

Bow & Arrow "Neon West v2.0" west coast IPA
[IMG]

Bow & Arrow "A Thousand Miles from Nowhere" Hazy IPA
[IMG]

Back