The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m up in Durango now for a couple days vacation. Yesterday we stopped and had a flight at Carver Brewing, decent place we’ve been to before.

Wanted to have a pint at Steamworks before dinner today but a wait of 90+ minutes to get a table…no thanks…been in there before and it’s a good place but I’m not waiting that long for a pint of beer.

Now, after a 25 minute wait we’re seated at a pizza place, really good food but very short beer choices. Can’t believe I’m in Colorado and the best choice is good ok’ La Cumbre “Elevated” IPA.

A quick walk back to our hotel in a summer monsoon… got wet but oh well.

Having a can of Lawson’s Finest Liquids (Vermont) “Sip of Sunshine” IPA (8.0% abv). Bought this single can but may want a 4-pack to take back home.

Pipeworks “Ninja vs Unicorn” dipa - another good one that I can’t get in NM - should I grab a 4-pack of this one too?

its that time of the year again...the limited run of Bells Double Two Hearted. Bells takes its original award winning Two Hearted and doubles up everything. Its a real nice DIPA but I - being the dankmaster - could use a little more dank- personal opinion.. Nonetheless its a solid 9 on a 10 scale

dbl2heart.jpg

its that time of the year again...the limited run of Bells Double Two Hearted. Bells takes its original award winning Two Hearted and doubles up everything. Its a real nice DIPA but I - being the dankmaster - could use a little more dank- personal opinion.. Nonetheless its a solid 9 on a 10 scale

View attachment 69612
Tastes like Trout. :LOL:

Home from Durango now, sharing a crowler I got last weekend...Gravity Bound "City Meadows" blackberry, lime & basil gose. Top stuff, super little spot we have in town.
Gravity-Bound-City-Meadows-Gose.jpg

While we didn't go into Steamworks in Durango the shop next door to the hotel had their canned stuff on hand....so I got "Prescribed Burn" chile beer. Had it before when in the brewery and it's nice to have it canned for me to bring home this 4-pack! One of the better chile beers I've had...nice little burn but it doesn't overpower the beer.
Steamworks-Precribed-Burn-Chile-Ale.jpg

Friday, home from work, waiting for Mrs DC to finish her shift and pick up the dinner...

From what I brought home from Durango, Steamworks Brewing "Prescribed Burn" chile beer
[IMG]

And a staple to clock in for yesterday's "National IPA day" - Ex Novo "Mass Ascension"
[IMG]

and here's from last weekend in Durango:
a flight at Carver Brewing....lager, fruited gose, IPA and DIPA
[IMG]

Went for a glass of the "Big Bike" DIPA
[IMG]

Sharing with Mrs D, one we grabbed in Durango last weekend...Odd13 "Susannah Spine Slinger" sour ale with Watermelon, Prickly Pear and Lime...tasty and refreshing on a hot summer afternoon.
Odd13-Susannah-Spine-Slinger-Sour.jpg

And now a can of Bow & Arrow "Rad Vista" hoppy pils...these guys (and gals) make excellent beer!
Bow-Arrow-Rad-Vista-Hoppy-Pils2021.jpg

69FB710F-9598-42F9-A3D3-626678F194F6.jpeg0AB6B920-7A45-43CA-9582-E2CC8CC0D646.jpeg

I was in the store looking for something different to try other than my normal Porters and Stouts and saw this. I remember Grolsch from years/decades ago. I think I tried this import from the Netherlands once, back in the day. So, thought I’d refresh my memory. Like, I remember that far back. :rolleyes:

View attachment 69869View attachment 69868

I was in the store looking for something different to try other than my normal Porters and Stouts and saw this. I remember Grolsch from years/decades ago. I think I tried this import from the Netherlands once, back in the day. So, thought I’d refresh my memory. Like, I remember that far back. :rolleyes:
This is awesome. Grolsch, was the very first beer I tried in my youth, that wasn't US mass produced. I remember thinking, WOW, how can beer taste like this?

I try to stay away from green bottles these day, but yeah Grolsch and Moosehead were my first non-Bud beers.
Now I did buy a 6 of these recently to clean, recap and make salt and pepper shakers for a friend.
1628382136838.png

Maybe I should say a former friend. :ROFLMAO:

Back