The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same here. they had the wired hinge cap. Took some muscle to open - guess it made it that more 'special'
Yeah, I had to figure out how to open it which took all but 2 seconds. Then, I had to decide whether to drink straight from the weird tipped bottle. Yes, drinking straight from the bottle because if I pour it into a glass, I’m afraid I might lose something. :LOL:

Hop time, and a couple new ones now....

Boxing Bear's 7th anniversary brew"Lucky 7" IPA (7.77% abv, 77 ibu)...mmm good, gotta get more of these before they're gone
[IMG]

and Marble's "Cahoots" DIPA (8.6% abv, 75 ibu)
[IMG]

T
I try to stay away from green bottles these day, but yeah Grolsch and Moosehead were my first non-Bud beers.
Now I did buy a 6 of these recently to clean, recap and make salt and pepper shakers for a friend.
View attachment 69875

Maybe I should say a former friend. :ROFLMAO:
That's hilarious. Grolsch, was absolutely my very first try of a brew that wasn't MASS produced in the USA. Meaning, Busch, Michelob and Budweiser. Believe it or not, I was captivated immediately by the super odd, skunk overtones..which I'd never experienced in my life. Since my first dip into a Grolsch, I've never turned back on brews that are much different than the traditional boring US stuff of the past.

And, just to add to that story. So, I was coming home from a work meeting in West Bend, Wisconsin (I'd say it was 1986) I stop in some small town south of West Bend, and for whatever reason, go to this bar and they have Grolsch bottles. I drink a couple, feel more buzzed (I thought) than I normally would from 2 beers......go to a local stop and grap a 6-pack of Grolsch. Yes, I know, I know. I proceed to drink them in the company vehicle......getting pretty buzzed by this time. So, I'm passing through some northern burb of Chicago and see some chicks (black, but not that it matters at all) in the road. I stop, and talking to them....goofing around. I look behind me and there is a cop with his lights on. Ummmmm

LOng story short, I looked suspicious as apparently it was a total black neighborhood, and obviously smelled of alcohol. I spend 2 hours at the city hall, lots of questions about why I'm there, etc. I did not get a DUI, or any other kind of citation. I seriously got super luck and I don't even know why.

No where else to post this, so WTF. Tomorrow early AM, heading for Gatlinburg, TN area. We have a cabin near Townsend, up in the mountains. I cannot freaking wait! Beer, hot tubs, black bears, etc. Bring it on....
Neat The Great Smokey Mountains... that's gotta be gorgeous stuff man, do you rent the cabin and do you fish? Also will need full report of brews swilled etc. etc. of course!

View attachment 69869View attachment 69868

I was in the store looking for something different to try other than my normal Porters and Stouts and saw this. I remember Grolsch from years/decades ago. I think I tried this import from the Netherlands once, back in the day. So, thought I’d refresh my memory. Like, I remember that far back. :rolleyes:

Grolsch is great, I used to drink boatloads of the stuff. Don't know if it's exported to the States but another good beer from the Netherlands is Hertog Jan (Duke John translated) 🍻

I don’t think I’ll be drinking Grolsch any longer. I ended up drinking one bottle and about 2/3 the way in, I felt a weird-ass headache coming on, similar to a hangover. So, what do I do? I finished the friggin’ bottle and drink half of another. Guess what? Yep! Woke up with that hangover headache from the evening before.

I’ve had other brews do the same thing to me before. Amstel is another one that I cannot drink. I get the same hangover headache while drinking it. Normally, my safe beer to drink are Porters/Stouts and some Lagers. So, I try to stick with what I know. It’s not like I drink a lot either. 1-2 beers, once a week, and most times I take weeks or even months off from not drinking any alcohol.

Last edited:
Well you know, light-struck, changes to the beer inside as a result although it is way more likely to be the yeast in use.

Tonight's fare...

After getting home from work, chill time...Second Street "Zapparado" pale ale
[IMG]

While prepping dinners salads...Ex Novo "Threat Level: Turquoise" IPA
[IMG]

And a new release...Bow & Arrow "Lullabies, Legends and Lies" NEIPA...ooh this is really good, even freshly canned, I will be wanting more of this one
[IMG]

Worked today so that I could be home Monday & Tuesday as Mrs D has a knee replacement surgery scheduled (ouch!)...home now, with some family over for the usual Sunday dinner only on Saturday this week...

Steamworks (Durango) - Prescribed Burn chile Beer
Steamworks-Prescribed-Burn-Chile-Beer.jpg

Ex Novo "Threat Level: Turquoise" IPA
Ex-Novo-Threat-Level-Turquiose-IPA.jpg

Boxing Bear's most awesome delicious "Lucky 7" IPA
BB-Lucky7-IPA.jpg

And for today...

Started with Second Street (Santa Fe) "Winsor Trail" pale ale. Not bad but nothing to get excited about either.
[IMG]

Then a known good one - Ex Novo Wild Wild Vest" IPA
[IMG]

And now into a hazy one, Bow & Arrow "Lullabies, Legends and Lies" hazy IPA. These guys are top tier brewers, a local fave for me.
[IMG]

Back