The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my local favorites.

Attachments

• 20210820_185819.jpg
    20210820_185819.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 62
I went in and worked 6 hours or so today since I was away a bit this week looking after Mrs D after her knee surgery (she's doing fine, already I see improvement in her mobility tho' it's a ways away before she's back to normal).

I felt like a sour and that's something we usually share but with the meds she has to take it's best to avoid the beer for now...so I opened ne we had had in the past so she didn't "miss out" on anything - Ex Novo "Pastel Polo" key lime and vanilla sour.
Ex-Novo-Pastel-Polo-Key-Lime-Sour.jpg

Into the hops as I was getting dinner going....Ex Novo "Wild Wild Vest" IPA
Ex-Novo-Wild-Wild-Vest-IPA.jpg

And here's one from last night, the 2021 version of La Cumbre "Full Nelson" DIPA (9.2% abv)
LCBC-Full-Neson2021-DIPA.jpg

Mrs D felt up to a small glass, so we shared a can of Springdale "Razz Hibby" tart ale with raspberry and hibiscus.
Springdale-Razz-Hibby-Sour.jpg

Moving into hop territory, a "session" IPA...Second Street "Beyond the Pitch." Not bad, good gateway for the potential new hop-lover.
Second-Street-Beyond-Pitch-Session-IPA.jpg

Ex Novo "Threat Level: Turquoise" IPA
Ex-Novo-Threat-Level-IPA.jpg

Last night was our 40th anniversary of our High School graduating class. Saybrook-Arrowsmith Comanches. 1981

My buddy on the left, our state tournament winning coach in the middle and me on the right. Our little town of 800, played Chicago Heights Bloom in the semi-finals of the Illinois state tournament. We lost by 1 point, so we got third place.

1629679715646.png

Not having one tonight - saving for Friday, but I did swing by Ex Novo to buy some cans of this years "Mass Ascension - Fresh Hopped" IPA. A few other local breweries have some fresh hop brews coming but Ex Novo are first out of the gate it seems.

Fresh/Wet hops....it's that most wonderful time of the year!

Last night was our 40th anniversary of our High School graduating class. Saybrook-Arrowsmith Comanches. 1981

My buddy on the left, our state tournament winning coach in the middle and me on the right. Our little town of 800, played Chicago Heights Bloom in the semi-finals of the Illinois state tournament. We lost by 1 point, so we got third place.

View attachment 70407

Hoosiers The Illinois Sequel ...................kinda sorta

Worked today, actually got a lot done. Mrs D wanted to try going out for dinner - she can get around slowly but steadily now. Home and time for the wobbly-pop.

First off - Ex Novo "Mass Ascension - Fresh Hop v2021." Had this one last night too but didn't get around to posting...delicious stuff, so smooth, fresh and hoppy.
[IMG]

Another new release, and one I tried last night too....Bow & Arrow "Sunset Fuzz" hazy IPA. Really like this brewery, but sometimes it seems like their beers need to settle down for a week or so to really come to life. Having tried one yesterday and now again today, I already see an improvement.
[IMG]

Sharing with the Sunday dinner family company....Bosque Brewing "Mr Melon Goes to Work" watermelon gose:
[IMG]

Hop time, a new batch of Boxing Bear "Glass Jaw" IPA (7.1% abv, 125+ ibu)
[IMG]

And again, one of these super-delicious Ex Novo "Mass Ascension - Fresh Hop" IPA v2021...dang good.
[IMG]

Back