The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoppin' Frog Gavel Slammer.
Gavel Slammer is brewed to celebrate Hoppin’ Frog putting the hammer down for freedom in brewing Ohio’s beer! Because of our efforts, on August 26th 2016 we were presented the actual gavel used in the final Senate session that removed Ohio’s alcohol limit on beer!!

A cute little 8.5 oz. can but at 17% ABV, who could handle 12oz or even a tall boy?
https://shop.hoppinfrog.com/beer-1/gavel-slammer-2021?category=* NEW
20210924_213651_HDR.jpg

not hot at all, surprising with as high an ABV.

Ive not visited Greenbush Brewery and its wonderful Brother Benjamin in a long time ! Here is BroB with new packaging and a recipe tweek. A real nice DIPA brewed with honey and intense hoppage. 114 IBU !?! and 10.1 ABV. A personal fav of mine. And ? Pure Michigan

brotherbenjamin.jpg

Firestone Walker - Luponic Distortion #18. Not bad, actually like it a little better than the last couple versions.
[IMG]

La Cumbre - Project Dank Fall Edition v2021. Always an excellent IPA and this time is no exception.
[IMG]

The Gavel Slammer was last night, today I tried a Hoppin' Frog Pentuple 15% Belgian.
It's not the perfect beer, but it is close. Zero heat and smoother than the line I used when I met my wife. ;-)
This I will go out and buy more of tomorrow.
20210925_213800.jpg

Poured this nice Bosque "Mr Melon Gose to Work" watermelon gose...had maybe two sips and enjoying it....Zowie Starcat tips the glass over while trying to catch a fly...at least the glass didn't break.
[IMG]

Option #2, a can of Ex Novo "German Overalls" marzen festbier..really well done.
[IMG]

And then of course I get into hoppy stuff - you just knew I'd go there. Drink 'em while they're really fresh....Ex Novo "Mass Ascension - fresh hopped" v2021. Super good brew.
[IMG]

It is released every year in early January here in Michigan. Very enjoyable and I always stock up. Its best to drink 'fresh' so they say ( 3 months ) but Ive found that it ages Very Well and - in fact - I really enjoy it aged. Tonite is last man standing of my 2021 vintage stash. Thanks Larry !

hopslam2021final.jpg

Out for dinner last night and had some beer after getting home but was watching TV and listening to music so didn't post...

This evening....

A new one I grabbed from Bow & Arrow this afternoon and it's a good one...Paradox of Choice "west coast hazy" IPA
[IMG]

An import! Schneiserweissse "Hpfenweiise" hopp wheat beer. Good, maybe it's hoppy ny german standard but not over these parts...smooth and fruity taste though...liked it for what it is.
[IMG]

Hop time, more recent local goodies:
Ex Novo-Mass Ascension fresh Hop v2021
[IMG]

La Cumbre-Project Dank fall 2021
[IMG]

Out for dinner last night and had some beer after getting home but was watching TV and listening to music so didn't post...

This evening....

A new one I grabbed from Bow & Arrow this afternoon and it's a good one...Paradox of Choice "west coast hazy" IPA
[IMG]

An import! Schneiserweissse "Hpfenweiise" hopp wheat beer. Good, maybe it's hoppy ny german standard but not over these parts...smooth and fruity taste though...liked it for what it is.
[IMG]

Hop time, more recent local goodies:
Ex Novo-Mass Ascension fresh Hop v2021
[IMG]

La Cumbre-Project Dank fall 2021
[IMG]
Can't see the images, sounds like a good time though. Take care.

Sunday. Cloudy, raining. Great day for football, music and beer. Here is Whomper from Mast Landing. A smooth and full-bodied beer that features Sabro, Nelson, Mosaic Cryo and Experimental HBC 630 hops. 8% ABV New Englander

mastlandingwhomper.jpg

I don't have my phone nearby, but I'm having a U Of IPA from Blind Pig brewery, Champaign, Illinois. A super tasty IPA that is almost hazy in flavor. Just a super beer. They come in pint cans, and obviously, the label is orange as they pay homage to the U of I colors.

6.5% ABV :)

I don't have my phone nearby, but I'm having a U Of IPA from Blind Pig brewery, Champaign, Illinois. A super tasty IPA that is almost hazy in flavor. Just a super beer. They come in pint cans, and obviously, the label is orange as they pay homage to the U of I colors.

6.5% ABV :)
Dang it, I need to try out some new brews just for kicks; where do you guys get all these wild concoctions from BevMo! or where?

Got grandkids and guest fed, Mrs D on her way home from a Sunday shift...chillin' with a couple cans...

Ex Novo "Mass Ascension - fresh hop" IPA. Almost gone now and I doubt I'll find any more until nest year.
Ex-Novo-Mass-Ascension-Fresh-Hop-IPA.jpg

Bow & Arrow "Paradox of Choice" hazy west cast IPA....another good one one from a local fave stop for me.
Bow-Arrow-Paradox-Choice-IPA.jpg

Home from another weird work week...will be going in tomorrow for maybe half day to deal with odd and ends and several vehicle deliveries. Mrs D is almost finished her shift and will be picking up our pre-ordered dinner...time for a couple before food is here:

Steel Bender/Sierra Blanca/Second Street "One for 5" charity hazy pale ale
[IMG]

Ex Novo "German Overalls" Festbier
[IMG]

what a nice sipper I have here ! Great way to start a Saturday evening. Founders Brewery Bottleshop Series. Highball Drifter. This beer presents a bourbonish caramel and vanilla, dried fruit and spice with hints of cherry and bitter orange peel. Almost an old-fashioned. 11% ABV. This is a tasty fun one !!

foundershighball.jpg

Back