The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20180607-154148.00_SamsungSm-G950u.jpg

Here is a picture from 2018 when I was there.

A couple from local fave La Cumbre while getting dinner going...

Oktoberfest marzenbier v2021
LCBC-Oktoberfest2021-Marzenbier.jpg

and Project Dank - Autumn Edition v2021
LCBC-Project-Dank-Atumn2021-IPA.jpg

Dayton will come later, but this place is so cool it gets its own mention.
Carillon Brewing Company
1000 Carillon Blvd.
Dayton, Ohio 45409
(937) 910-0722
https://www.daytonhistory.org/visit/shop-dine/carillon-brewing-co/
Carillon Brewing Co. offers visitors a glimpse into 1850s-era Dayton through the authentically prepared food and drink of the times.
It is the nation’s only production brewery in a museum, and the only U.S. brewery replicating the historic brewing process.
Gas copper lamps light the walkway outside Carillon Brewing Co., and beyond the large white oak corridor doors—sash-sawn in period fashion with hand-forged hinges and handles—the smell of charcoal and wood fire fills the air. On a brick furnace 14 feet above a bustling crowd, costumed interpreters draw water from a handmade copper kettle before beginning the process of mashing and lautering.

Nearby, malt is milled by hand; oven-fresh spent grain bread is baked; a volunteer mends his trousers with thread and needle; a growler of ale is filled; and a costumed wait-staff presents German, Irish, and English offerings that pay homage to Dayton’s early settlers.

American Oak barrels line the lower floor of Carillon Brewing Co., each one capped by an artful and educational panel detailing the history and science of brewing. In sourcing city directories, canal records, farmers’ reports, and the like, Carillon Historical Park carefully analyzed the influences of breweries on the city’s evolution during the latter half of the 1800s.
I would love to visit that one. And, I will.

Home from work, a couple in my Pretentious Hazy IPA glass...

La Cumbre "Obscura" wet hop v2021
LCBC-Obscura-Wet-Hop-Hazy-IPA.jpg

Bow & Arrow "Paradox of Choice"
Bow-Arrow-Paradox-Choice-IPA.jpg

Reactions: GOS
Wow that hazy glass looks amazing!

I got the Elysian Pumpkin beer 32 pack recently at Costco so we've been plowing through those. Elysian consistently make some of my favorite pumpkin beers of the season. Their The Great Pumpkin imperial is one of my all time faves. Had about 6 of the beers when camping last weekend. Ah fall...

Worked again today, maybe 6 hours or so. Stopped at Bow & Arrow on the way home to grab the new releases....

"Western Flair" helles lager...smooth, crisp refreshing...just the way it's supposed to be.
[IMG]

A collaboration with Revelry Brewing in South Carolina..."Rise to the Sun" blue corn saison. Not a style I gravitate to and I got this mostly for Mrs D....but it's really nicely done.
[IMG]

"Goodbye to Hard Times" hazy IPA...another good one, and it'll be even better in a week I'm sure.
[IMG]

Phase Three Brewing out of Illinois. This one is called Lost In The Moment. Its a 6.6 ABV
classic American IPA with Citra, Cryo Mosaic and Amarillo hops. Not bad ! Ill give it a 7.5 on a 10 scale. Nice Sunday sipper

phasethreebrewing.jpg

Nice warm autumn day, super-clear and comfortable...got out for a nice 45 minute power-walk this afternoon.

Clear weather, but hazy brews....

Bow & Arrow "Goodbye to Hard Times" hazy IPA
[IMG]

La Cumbre "Obscura" wet-hopped hazy...glad I tracked down a few more of these!
[IMG]

Ex Novo "Spirits of the Dead" hazy IPA
[IMG]

Back