The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hung around with some friends last night, planned our next brewday in Nov as well as Blackout Friday at my place. (we get together annually to trade and drink beers while the ladies shop on Black Friday)

We shared the following:
Founders KBC Cinnamon/Cocoa/Vanilla variant. It is a winner.
2018 Bells Third Coast Old Ale, the 3 years really mellowed the heat of the hops and alcohol.
Hoppin' Frog's 15th Anniversary Ale ... first bad frog I have had. It was like a sweet cough syrup. Someone's getting a bomber for Christmas.
Hoppin' Frog Coconut Cream Pie Blonde Ale which tasted just like it sounds.
St. Allen, our own Belgian Strong Dark but first time we have kegged instead of bottled it so that was quite enjoyable being able to pull a pint of it.

hung around with some friends last night, planned our next brewday in Nov as well as Blackout Friday at my place. (we get together annually to trade and drink beers while the ladies shop on Black Friday)

We shared the following:
Founders KBC Cinnamon/Cocoa/Vanilla variant. It is a winner.
2018 Bells Third Coast Old Ale, the 3 years really mellowed the heat of the hops and alcohol.
Hoppin' Frog's 15th Anniversary Ale ... first bad frog I have had. It was like a sweet cough syrup. Someone's getting a bomber for Christmas.
Hoppin' Frog Coconut Cream Pie Blonde Ale which tasted just like it sounds.
St. Allen, our own Belgian Strong Dark but first time we have kegged instead of bottled it so that was quite enjoyable being able to pull a pint of it.

thats awesome !!!!

Okay - a suggestion - this Blackout Friday put this in storage for next years' Blackout. Trust me. You will be amazed

1634952768804.png

Last edited:
Yep, that's a tasty RIS. I have a few North Coast Barrel Aged Old Rasputin (XVI) still in the cellar waiting to be enjoyed. The problem is at 500ml, they are tough to share.

With all the IPA and sours, etc. It’s not often we consider buying small batch American lagers. This is local, 4.3% and light. Super flavor, massive head retention for the style. Blows Budweiser off the map.

View attachment 72848
Not being an IPA or a sour guy (I'm long tired of all the IPAs and my sours were ruined early on by exposure to a bad one--have had some pretty good ones since), I'm not afraid of a good lager or pilsner every now and then. I think it's pretty much understood that a craft lager would be the pants off of Bud, though. lol

Anybody here in the DC area? Go get yourself some Rocket Frog. Some longtime friends are the owners and they make seriously high quality brew. Were I in DC, I'd get it far more often than I do.

who let the pigs in ? Here is Three Floyds Brewing out of Munster Indiana. This one is Permanent Funeral made with the band Pig Destroyer. Its a Double IPA. 10.5 ABV and 100 IBUs. Its bitter and hoppy malty. Just what I like. Great flavor and great everything. Ill give this one a 9.5 on a 10 scale

pigdestroy.jpg

Nice autumn day here, temp hitting around 70f...very very light breeze. Errands throughout the day and now chilling out while dinner is getting prepped.

A couple from fave Ex Novo:

"German Overalls" Festbier marzen
Ex-Novo-German-Overalls-Festbier.jpg

and "Sprits of the Dead" hazy IPA
Ex-Novo-Spirit-Dead-NEIPA.jpg

Another couple of new ones from Ex Novo....

"Marrying' Berries" (5.3% abv) - a goose with raspberry and marionberry. They've had this brew up at their Portland location but this is the first time it's made it down here....and I'm happy it did.
[IMG]

"Flat Spin Heading Out to Sea" - a dry-hopped lager clocking in at 5.6% abv. Very crisp, light and refreshing...top-solid beer.
[IMG]

A very busy week working, especially today....nice to get home and have a nice dinner and a few wobbly-pops and TV time with the Mrs....

Ex Novo "Flat Spin Heading Out to Sea" lager
Ex-Novo-Flat-Spin-Pils.jpg

Ex Novo "German Overalls" marzen festbier - must get these dealt with...can't be drinking Oktoberfest beer in November! Oh the humanity!

La Cumbre - "Project Dank - Autumn Edition 2021" IPA
LCBC-Project-Dank-Atumn2021.jpg

Bells rarely brews this one !! Mars. Originally, the first release in Bell’s Planet Series, Mars (The Bringer of War) is a double IPA with a complex hop character and a malty backbone. Notes of tropical fruit, citrus, pine, lemon, lime and pineapple are all present in both the aroma and flavor. Hopped at a ratio of about 3.4 pounds of hops per barrel, the recipe for Mars was developed from a trial batch called Larry’s Latest Double IPA brewed in our original brewery located adjacent to the Eccentric Café in downtown Kalamazoo. ( verbage taken from Untappd ) Another great Bells DIPA. 10.1 ABV. Last offered in 2017

bellsmars.jpg

Worked just a couple hours or so today - we had a local animal shelter on hand for the second time in a couple weeks, part of our "Subaru Loves Pets" program...we donate money for every animal adoption and loads of pet toys, kits, biscuits etc that we give away all the time.

Did a bit of shopping including a short beer run, then home to relax starting with my last can of Ex Novo "German Overalls" marzen festbier.

One of La Cumbre's standard line-up is "Elevated" IPA - I really like it but with all the small batch seasonal stuff around town I rarely have room in the beer fridge for any, but one of the grocery shops had 4-packs for $7.50 (usually around $10) so I bought some.
LCBC-Elevated-IPA.jpg

Whew...busy week. Got home last night and just watched TV with the Mrs while enjoying a few wobbly-pops. Did pretty much a full day again today and we went out for dinner after I got home, then watched a couple shows.....now time for some music.

Gravity Bound "Disregard All Regards" hazy with a great mix of citra, strata, sabro, hbc586. A juice bomb with a hoppy bite, right up my alley.
Gravity-Bound-Disregard-NEIPA.jpg

Bow & Arrow "Moody Hues" NEIPA. This one is not a juice bomb, a good dry NEIPA style with Strata and Nelson Sauvin
Bow-Arrw-Moody-Hues-NEIPA.jpg

Back