The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to see my grandson yesterday afternoon, and found a Pumpkin Ale by Schlaflys in the fridge. Eh....I mean, it certainly tasted like pumpkin, but not sweet. Not bad I guess. 8% abv

1637521591069.png

1637521656341.png

stated the holiday cleaning and some reorg so time to take a break and treat myself.
4 years old and still very cherry flavored, woody from the barrel age and sweet from the maple.

https://foundersbrewing.com/latest-news/2016/2017-update-barrel-aged-series-and-frootwood/
Also set aside a 2017-2021 KBS vertical to share with friends at my place for Blackout Friday.

View attachment 73733

fyi ------------its coming back once again ---

Frootwood is Back!

We couldn’t keep your favorite maple barrel-aged cherry ale from you for long. Coming in at 8% ABV, its subtly sweet vanilla, oak and whiskey notes create a warm, velvety texture that lingers for not a moment too long.

Frootwood will be available in 4-pack bottles and on draft in our taprooms on November 26 and nationwide in January

Shorts Humongous Huma. What happens when you triple the ingredients in Huma Lupa Licious? We didn’t know either, but it sure was fun to find out. Three times the hops, three times the malt, three times the complex hop and malt theme park in your mouth. Rich with candied grapefruit and pine aromas with toasty, biscuity, caramel maltiness for a full-bodied, boozy celebration of all things awesome. Exclusively available in the 2021 Super Hoppy Holidays Variety Pack. Sharing is caring folks.
12.7% ABV
67 IBU

shortshumungo.jpg

Some friends over for Blackout Friday.
Epic Big Bad Baptist Black Forest Cake
A tasy Baptist variant but none of us could taste all the flavors listed

Robinson Trooper Day Of The Dead. A Trooper variant with a crisp bitter bite.

Westbrook Gates Of S'mordor. This was an amazing stout that tasted like a high end bourbon dark chocolate candy.

Southern Tier 2017. Sapsquatch. Love this ale, hope that they make it again.

Picked up 6 Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout 2021 to enjoy throughout the year.

Some friends over for Blackout Friday.
Epic Big Bad Baptist Black Forest Cake
A tasy Baptist variant but none of us could taste all the flavors listed

Robinson Trooper Day Of The Dead. A Trooper variant with a crisp bitter bite.

Westbrook Gates Of S'mordor. This was an amazing stout that tasted like a high end bourbon dark chocolate candy.

Southern Tier 2017. Sapsquatch. Love this ale, hope that they make it again.

Picked up 6 Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout 2021 to enjoy throughout the year.

was wondering how the shindig went. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. Just getting this out ahead of time, sorry about the Team Up North beating the kids in Columbus. It was unexpected, but it happened. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Nothing to apologize for. You aren't being a dick and the time since the Wolverines last won is almost twice as long as the average marriage lasts.

time for a revisit since I like the taste of this one. Founders 4 Giants. Ill rate it an 8.5 on a 10
ABV: 9.2%
IBUs: 80
Their description -

We’ve made a lot of imperial IPAs over the years and, in turn, have had a lot of arguments over which one is the absolute best. So, to settle this once and for all, our brewers mashed up four of our favorite recipes into the ultimate imperial IPA. 4 Giants boasts aggressive bitterness balanced by a malty, sweet backbone while huge aromatics come courtesy of the seven American hop varieties.

4giantspart2.jpg

time for a revisit since I like the taste of this one. Founders 4 Giants. Ill rate it an 8.5 on a 10
ABV: 9.2%
IBUs: 80
Their description -

We’ve made a lot of imperial IPAs over the years and, in turn, have had a lot of arguments over which one is the absolute best. So, to settle this once and for all, our brewers mashed up four of our favorite recipes into the ultimate imperial IPA. 4 Giants boasts aggressive bitterness balanced by a malty, sweet backbone while huge aromatics come courtesy of the seven American hop varieties.

View attachment 73915
I'm a head retention fanatic. So, does this beer not have that...or has some time passed since the last pour?

Gos, you should try a Dogfather ... so much head we had to clean the ceiling the first time we cracked a bottle.
Anything but the most gentle pour will provide a head that outlasts the beer itself.

This weekend has mostly been the recent usuals, but a couple new releases to post, both from Bow & Arrow Brewing:

Mango Amigo Sour....shared this with the Mrs...tart and fruity
Bow-Arrow-Mango-Amigo-Sour.jpg

Galactic Road Trip IPA (Idaho 7, Mosaic). Picked this up yesterday after working all day, had it last night and now again this evening....really good solid west coast IPA
Bow-Arrow-Galactic-Road-Trip-IPA.jpg

Back