The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday...home...Mrs DC on her way with dinner. Another really busy hectic week - who'd have thought a severe car shortage would make me even busier???

Not much new this week although La Cumbre did rerelease the winter edition "Project Dank" - I'll probably get some of that tomorrow! But for now, a couple recent Bow & Arrow ones for me:
"Native Land" IPA
[IMG]

"Moody Hues" hazy IPA
[IMG]

I seem to be in Shorts a lot lately ! Here is Goodnight Bodacious. I think this one is, you either love it or its MEH. I love it ! Great flavor..almost a stout type taste Very coffeeish and bitter ! I plan to age a few bottles. Here is Shorts write up -

Goodnight Bodacious is a big beer. Big on bitterness. Huge on hops. Doubly dark. It is a Double Black IPA that is unabashadley strong in flavors, hitting you hard with black barley and roasted coffee, complemented by dark juicy fruit and green earthy hops. Sip after sip will surprise, as the boozy qualities of this brew will become more prominent when it warms up. Embrace the absolute darkness.
10.9% ABV
88 IBU

shortsbodacious.jpg

Went in to work today with the intent to clear out a few things...3-4 hours tops....7.5 hours later I head for home. A couple lighter ones from Ex Novo, probably get into happier stuff after dinner.

"Because People Like To Say Salsa" kettle sour with mango, passionfruit and jalapeño
Ex-Novo-Salsa-Sour.jpg

"Perle Haggard" german pilsner
Ex-Novo-Perle-Haggard-Pils.jpg

I continue to play with Shorts. Shorts Snow Globe. Here is what it is - BTW - very enjoyable
We gave Grinch Joe Short this double-Sabro hopped hazy IPA and his heart grew three sizes, so now we’re spreading the love by adding Snow Globe IPA to the 2021 Super Hoppy Holidays Variety Pack. Hop on a snowmobile sleigh and take a ride towards epic amounts of coconut, tangerine, apricot notes blended with soft touches of cedar, mint and cream. This IPA will make you say “whoa whoa whoa”…. You know, instead of “ho ho ho.”
8.1% ABV
87 IBU

shortssnowglobe.jpg

As usual, busy working all week...but at least I'm not going in tomorrow! Grandkid little breakfast thing to attend, afternoon off, then the work Xmas gathering in the evening.

Started with a light pilsner - Ex Novo "Perle Haggard"
[IMG]

Then to the blackness of Boxing Bear "Metal Head" American stout
[IMG]

Sunday afternoon. Holidays. Why not a holiday beer ? From Shorts Brewing ( once again ) Juicy Tree. A veeeery unique taste here And here is their write up -

Become your own personal strand of twinkling holiday lights with Juicy Tree, our favorite way to ring in the season. Juicy Tree tastes nothing like most holiday beers, and we’re really proud of that. We’re not messing around with the amount of hand-picked fresh spruce tips, real cranberries and juniper berries in this very very big IPA. Juicy Tree is special. It is truly, completely, unlike any other IPA we have ever made or you will ever drink and leaves you feeling tingly, warm, and bright.

9.3% ABV
63 IBU

juicytree.jpg

Last night was the work Christmas party and as the driver I stayed dry until we got home....then I went straight for the hoppy stuff:

A couple new seasonal releases from La Cumbre - "Viviv Wild" hazy IPA
La-Cumbre-Vivid-Wild-NEIPA.jpg

and "Exterior Illumination" west coast DIPA
La-Cumbre-Exterior-Illumintion-DIPA.jpg

Finished the night with this years NM IPA challenge champion Boxing Bear "Bear Knuckle" DIPA
BB-Bear-Knuckle-DIPA.jpg

Took a little time to ponder what I felt like today...decisions, decisions. Settled on (so far):

Gravity Bound Brewing "City Symphony" sour ale with raspberry, blueberry, lime and basil
Gravity-Bound-City-Symphony-Sour.jpg

Ex Novo Brewing "Intergalactic Pale Reality" pale ale....medal winner at GABF
Ex-Novo-Intergalactic-Pale-Ale.jpg

Home from a mother busy but fun workweek...time to chill and knock back some wobbly-pops. starting light and moving towards the happier offerings:

Ex Novo "Perle Haggard" pilsner
[IMG]

Ex Novo "Intergalactic Pale Reality" pale ale
[IMG]

La Cumbre "Project Dank - Winter Edition 2021"
[IMG]

Hallow by Half Acre Beer Co. in Chicago. Compliments of my Chicago-based daughter. This is an 8 percent DIPA. It has a super-soft malt bill. Nelson, Citra, Mosaic and Simcoe hops. Its a good beer !!

hallowipa.jpg

Last edited:
Hallow by Half Acre Beer Co. in Chicago. Compliments of my Chicago-based daughter. This is an 8 percent DIPA. It has a super-soft malt bill. Nelson, Citra, Mosaic and Simcoe hops. Its a good beer !!

View attachment 74483
Nice glassware. I had one of Half Acre's IPA's some time ago (don't recall exactly which one, have to dig through my untappd to find it) but it was a pretty good one. A few of us over at SHTV have done beer swaps a few times and it was a fun way to try stuff unavailable locally.

Worked again today then stopped at Bow & Arrow on the way home...first up from that visit is a can of "Luminaria" vienna lager. Nice deep golden hue, malty but still a light 5%...very enjoyable.
Bow-Arrow-Luminaria-Vienna-Lager.jpg

It's a Bow & Arrow super-session!

Mistletoe on the Mesa hazy IPA
Bow-Arrow-Mistletoe-NEIPA.jpg

Galactic Road Trip west coast IPA
Bow-Arrow-Galactic-IPA.jpg

A light one to start - Ex Novo "Marryin' Berries" sour
Ex-Novo-Marryin-Berries-Sour.jpg

then into hazy territory with La Cumbre "Luminosity"
LCBC-Luminosity-NEIPA.jpg

and Bow & Arrow "Mistletoe on the Mesa"
Bow-Arrow-Mistletoe-NEIPA.jpg

Xmas eve dinner out, finally home and time to relax with some beer while I finish wrapping gifts for kids etc....

One of the guys we sub-contract some fix-up work on our used cars to gave me a basket with a bunch of local brews. I've had them all before of course but their all good and with all the seasonal and limited stuff we get I rarely get to some of these year-round staples...

Marble Brewery - India Pale Ale
Marble-IPA.jpg

Not a beer, but just a really nice pic I snapped with my phone this morning. I got to work early as I like to do...park the car and take a good brisk walk before starting work. About 7:15am...cool early morning rainbow appeared for about 10 minutes.
Abq-Rainbow20211224.jpg

Back