The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another brewery sale. another one bites the microbrewery dust

Today we’re excited to announce Stone is joining forces with Sapporo, Japan’s oldest brewery. With Sapporo's acquisition of Stone, we'll be increasing production at both our Escondido and Richmond facilities, effectively doubling our output as we begin brewing Sapporo’s beers alongside Stone beers at both locations.

Our co-founders Steve and Greg will be stepping away, but rest assured they will be cheering the team on from the bleachers. Stone beers will continue to be brewed by the same passionate people in the same places with the same recipes. In fact, we’ll be adding quite a few tanks and team members as we expand! Same goes for Stone Tap Rooms and Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – same folks, same awesome food and beer. Same good times.

Wow, I expected Stone to be one of the last to go that route.
It just demonstrates the challenges to get additional finances for growth once you get to a certain size. It seems in the Craft world success leads to a sale unless you are satisfied maxing out at a certain volume.

We went to a pub in a small town in County Donegal in Ireland. They used some sort of contraption to “engrave” this monogram when pouring a glass of Guinness. It’s not a decal. It’s actually in the head. How bloody cool is that?

Beer.jpg.jpg

Last edited:
We went to a pub in a small town in Donegal County in Ireland. They used some sort of contraption to “engrave” this monogram when pouring a glass of Guinness. It’s not a decal. It’s actually in the head. How bloody cool is that?

View attachment 80587
I love County Donegal...the Wild Atlantic way.. you know that is Enya's stomping grounds... although I do not see her going to a pub but you never know... those Irish

We went to a pub in a small town in Donegal County in Ireland. They used some sort of contraption to “engrave” this monogram when pouring a glass of Guinness. It’s not a decal. It’s actually in the head. How bloody cool is that?

View attachment 80587
I was at a conference/exhibition in Barcelona in March, behind the hotel was an Irish Pub, they had a machine that did that. Had to keep having another pint to see what they could produce (there was 4 of us and each got a different decal each time). We imbibed a few Guinness over four days!

I had to make difficult financial decisions impacting my ability to buy yet more unneccesary audio tat this year. As part of my belt tightening I bought a large bucket and some homebrew kits which has led to this lot living in my shed. The problem is that I drink about 5 non alcoholic beers to every 1 proper beer so its going to take me a little while to work through these. Such a chore
20220619_190437.jpg

Looks good. Are you lagering or using an ale yeast? My basement isn't cool enough to brew a lager and my basement fridge is usually too full off other goodies to help out.

Im fairly new to it so at the moment Im just using kits which include everything I need.

One of the dads on my son's rugby team owns a pub with attached brewery (just listed in lonely planets 20 best pubs in ireland). Ive had a brief chat about it but Im hoping to spend a little time with their brewer to talk me through their processes and educate me somewhat. Itd be nice to open up some taste building options

Cool.
A few things I wish I knew when I started.
Yeast starters are worth their weight in gold. They are even easier now with the existance of stuff like Omega propper yeast starter.

Full grain is easy, don't be intimidated by it.

When brewing in a group, have a designated brewer just in case .... ;-)

but culturing your own yeast is challenging and exciting. its kinda like genetic engineering
Yes, we have our eye on taking a run at that sometime. As with lagering, the cold storage required is currently unavailable to me. Beers, small kegs and hops in my 2 basement fridges.

Worked a bit today...5 hours or so....super-busy again trying to get vehicles delivered to customers, putting out little fires here and there....but then had to go pick up the not well granddaughter (recovering from covid) and look after her. Mrs DC is now on her way home from a shift up on Santa Fe and will pick up dinner for us.

Relaxing with a beer before I prep a couple salads for us - Ex Novo "Farm & Table" kellerbier
[IMG]

We went out last night, but after getting home I did enjoy a couple while watching TV with the Mrs....

Gravity Bound "From the Abstract" strawberry dandelion sour IPA
[IMG]

La Cumbre "Project Dank - Summer Edition v2022"
[IMG]

Boxing Bear "Sucker Punch" DIPA
[IMG]

Not to be drunk alone ... 15.7% ABV
The Bruery Vanilla Villian
picture later if I remember, but imagine a stout as dark as my heart ....
It is super smooth, no heat and tastes like an awesome stout with a vanilla character that puts 'nilla wafers to shame.

https://www.thebruery.com/products/vanilla-villain-20223 types of vanilla beans from 17 sources. This big, bad, bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout was generously treated with Vanilla Planifolia from Congo, India, Indonesia, Madagascar, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tonga, Uganda, and Vanuatu, Vanilla Tahitiansis from Cook Islands, Ecuador, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, and Tahiti, and Vanilla Pompona from Peru.

Back