The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5B69817D-D71E-4D64-9D3C-AC454FFE9DE5.jpeg

Pelican Brewing is huge on the Oregon Coast, four locations, the oldest (in Pacific City) opened in ‘96, we had lunch there this week.
Beautiful pubs in spectacular settings.
Not a huge fan of their beer in general, though this one is very good.

Last edited:
Yeah Pelican is legitimately one of the best Oregon breweries.
Eh... Not sure about that, but as a non-IPA fan, I guess my opinion is probably moot. I do like their cream ale, but I'm not sure I'd put it among the best beers the state has to offer.

I just looked online for my favorite German beer which I have not drunk since I moved out of Madrid , Weltenburger Kloster, and I can order it from "Total Wines"!!! YEAHHHH!!!!

Lowenbrau Ocktoberfestbier, freshly dispensed from my Philips Perfect Draft machine. The PD is, without question, the best gadget I've ever bought, bar none. Better than pub quality pints at home? This beer is magnificent.
310104724_10162035486763332_4188384720414359237_n.jpg

This is what the machine looks like in use - also featuring my old kitchen and a pint of Franziskaner Hefe

271980438_10161532505248332_8847440633300483589_n.jpg

Last edited:
I just looked online for my favorite German beer which I have not drunk since I moved out of Madrid , Weltenburger Kloster, and I can order it from "Total Wines"!!! YEAHHHH!!!!
I wish! My favorite is Augustiner Weissbier and it doesn't export to the US. Hell, I couldn't even find it 2 hours away in Stuttgart when I lived there.

Lowenbrau Ocktoberfestbier, freshly dispensed from my Philips Perfect Draft machine. The PD is, without question, the best gadget I've ever bought, bar none. Better than pub quality pints at home? This beer is magnificent.View attachment 84085

This is what the machine looks like in use - also featuring my old kitchen and a pint of Franziskaner Hefe

. View attachment 84087
No Fucking Way! That is so amazing.......

just had a lovely (frozen) pizza with added Spanish anchovies and Spanish Manchego cheese with a Guinness and some Tullamore D.E.W....

ahhhhhh... happy kitty...especially after the ANCHOVIES!!!!!!

MEOW!

(licking myself)

I've been extremely lax about posting lately....just being lazy and otherwise occupied. Here's some recent new local stuff I've had:

Bow & Arrow "Mama Always Said I Was Born On the Wild Side" hazy IPA. Talus, Idaho 7 and Strata hops...improved after resting a week.
Bow-Arrow-Mama-Always-Said-NEIPA.jpg

Gravity Bound "Your Place or Stein" Oktoberfestbier. A little more malt than most I've had this year, sets it apart a bit. Solid.
Gravity-Bound-Your-Place-Or-Stein-Fesrbier.jpg

La Cumbre "Oktoberfest v2022" is always a good choice and this year is no different.
LCBC-Oktoberfest2022-Marzenbier.jpg

Gravity Bound "Quick Take" hay IPA. This is the one that won this years NM IPA challenge. First time a hazy has one. It's delicious, so smooth.
Gravity-Bound-Quick-Take-NEIPA.jpg

A collaboration from La Cumbre (Abq, NM), Comrade (Denver, CO) and Cannonball Creek (Golden, CO), "Outstanding Achievements in the Field of Excellence" - vg+ west coast IPA.
LCBCCollab-Outstanding-Achievemwnts-IPA.jpg

La Cumbre "Playhouse" wet-hop IPA. Top stuff, but this year I give the nod to Ex Novo's fresh-hop mass ascension.
LCBC-Plyhouse-IPA.jpg

Boxing Bear "Boss Fight" IPA. Good danky pine bite on this one.
Boxing-Bear-Boss-Fight-IPA.jpg

First up was Left Hand French Toast Milk Stout. It was OK but 3 Floyds Cocomungo dominates the flavored stout category in my book.
We followed it up with a local Oktoberfest beer which was slightly toward bitter and less fruity.

Left Hand French Toast.jpg
Oktoberfest.jpg

Back