The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent the weekend near Astoria Oregon and made a day of it at Fort George. They had so many stouts on draft that I wound up doing TWO taster trays. I seriously think that the Matryoshka series is my new favorite family of stouts. I gave half of the 8 samples 5 stars on Untappd.

I'm headed to Orange Beach, Alabama early tomorrow AM for a short vacation....where all the beer taste like shit. Mostly Busch Light and all that crap....I'm taking my own stash on the trip, since I'm driving.
You might be pleasantly surprised, as the South has caught up on the microbrew trend for some years now.

yep. Im a Stone'r. More Stone. This is Stone Delicious Double IPA. Its 9.4 ABV, its pretty smooth for a double westie. Great taste and flavor. Ill go 8 on a 10 scale.

stonedeliciousdouble.jpg

Another one of my increasingly irregular checkins...recent stuff...

La Cumbre "Project Dank - Spring Edition v2023." Oh yeah, top tier west coast IPA. I always look forward too a new quarterly Dank release!
LCBC-Proj-Dank-Spring23.jpg

Gravity Bound "Survival Guide" hazy IPA. As usual, GB makes another super-good one. They seem to have their basic recipe down pat and tweak around with different hop profiles.
Gravity-Bound-Survival-Guide-NEIPA.jpg

Sidetrack Brewing "Third Man" hazy IPA. Really solid hazy, thick and creamy citrus. I don't get down to this little micro often enough, a little out of my way.
Sidetrack-Third-Man-Hazy-IPA.jpg

Steel Bender Brewyard "Double Lemon Dynamite" kettle sour. Like a liquid meringue pie!
SBB-Dbl-Lemon-Sour.jpg

Another one of my increasingly irregular checkins...recent stuff...

La Cumbre "Project Dank - Spring Edition v2023." Oh yeah, top tier west coast IPA. I always look forward too a new quarterly Dank release!
LCBC-Proj-Dank-Spring23.jpg

Gravity Bound "Survival Guide" hazy IPA. As usual, GB makes another super-good one. They seem to have their basic recipe down pat and tweak around with different hop profiles.
Gravity-Bound-Survival-Guide-NEIPA.jpg

Sidetrack Brewing "Third Man" hazy IPA. Really solid hazy, thick and creamy citrus. I don't get down to this little micro often enough, a little out of my way.
Sidetrack-Third-Man-Hazy-IPA.jpg

Steel Bender Brewyard "Double Lemon Dynamite" kettle sour. Like a liquid meringue pie!
SBB-Dbl-Lemon-Sour.jpg
That Steel Bender Double Lemon...Sicilian Lemon Beer with a bomb on the can. Looks like something out of a "Godfather" movie. Geez!

Here's a few I've enjoyed this holiday weekend:

Ex Novo "Put the Pilsner on a Pedestal" charity brew for the NM Pink Boots Society
[IMG]

Ex Novo "Farm League" west coast IPA. This one came from Ex Novo's Portland brewery...solid west coast style IPA
[IMG]

Gravity Bound "From All Angles" west coast IPA. Nice and dank, bit of floral citrus too...excellent IPA and I'll be getting another crowler before it's gone.
[IMG]

Gravity Bound "Survival Guide" hazy IPA. grabbed an extra 4-pack when I was there yesterday. Smooth.
[IMG]

Tailgating last Saturday before The Church concert in The Caverns - Pelham, TN.

The venue is about a 1,000 person capacity, rock cavern. Very cool vibe for the band.

But back to the beer.
BearWalker from Nashville’s Jackalope Brewing Company. They call it a Maple Brown Ale. Maple syrup is infused along with chocolate malts. The syrup doesn’t overpower the beer but you do notice a sweeter taste than most brown ales.

Attachments

• IMG_9537.jpeg
    IMG_9537.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Back