The QuadraphonicQuad Wine Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yes!!

36b1b15677cbde1854730f5b3f2a9590.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are so many great malbecs from Argentina these days and they are one of the best bangs for your $...such nice wines for the price.

We were up in Colorado for the weekend, part of our getaway was the dinner train on Royal Gorge Rail out of Cañon City. We've done this a few times in the past and it's always a nice evening. This time we chose a bottle of their local Winery at the Holy Cross Abbey 2016 syrah. Good wine, maybe even better if it cellars another year, anyway, a glass with dinner and then one outside on the open car, beautiful evening along the Arkansas River.
Holy-Cross-2016-Syrah.jpg

There are so many great malbecs from Argentina these days and they are one of the best bangs for your $...such nice wines for the price.

We were up in Colorado for the weekend, part of our getaway was the dinner train on Royal Gorge Rail out of Cañon City. We've done this a few times in the past and it's always a nice evening. This time we chose a bottle of their local Winery at the Holy Cross Abbey 2016 syrah. Good wine, maybe even better if it cellars another year, anyway, a glass with dinner and then one outside on the open car, beautiful evening along the Arkansas River.
Holy-Cross-2016-Syrah.jpg
I love riding in those domes.

Last night with dinner (grilled lamb leg steak, sautéed spinach, roasted parmesan cauliflower), Milagro Vineyards (Corrales, NM) 2011 Zinfandel. Small local boutique winery that makes very good wines, and this zin was superb.
Milagro-2011-Zinfandel.jpg

Opened this last night to have a glass with dinner, we had the rest with dinner this evening....a very nice 2010 Baco Noir from August Cellars in Oregon.
August-Cellars-2010-Baco-Noir.jpg

BBQ with my folks yesterday, and the vin du jour was a lovely 2009 Heathcote shiraz from Tar & Roses. Retails for $19-23 when new (~US$12.5-15). The Heathcote region is northwest of Melbourne, and is warm-climate (probably a bit closer to hot than cool). (y)🍷

DSC_1508.JPG

I am a teetotaler generally but will imbibe prn. ROBERT MONDAVI Cabernet Sauvignon (B&V good too) and then there is my old vineyard
Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnays- Sonoma coast or Russian River sold the vineyard bought my Audi TT and my wife's VW Turbo BEETLE.

Roast duck for Xmas eve dinner...red means pinot noir...nice 2015 one from Alexana Winery in Oregon's Willamette Valley...
Alexana-2015-Pinot-Noir.jpg

Last night with New Year's Eve lamb rack....Arizona Stronghold 2011 "Nachise" blend of syrah, petite syrah, mourvedre and grenache. Not sure it's readable, but bottle notes by owner Maynard Tool.
[IMG]

Reactions: GOS
Two interesting Cabernet's for your consideration......

Intrinsic - 2016
Exitus - 2016 ( A bourbon barrel finished Cab)

Both priced at around $19

Well received in my circle of wino's. :smokin

Last night with our dinner (nice thick grilled rib-eye)...local Casa Rondeńa 2011 "Clarion" - a blend of cab, tempranillo and syrah.
[IMG]

Adam @fredblue keeps harping about Port....so I had to do some research as I've never had port. Hmmmmm. Originated from Portugal! I didn't know that.....PORTugal. Imagine that.

Port wine is typically richer, sweeter, heavier, and higher in alcohol content than unfortified wines. This is caused by the addition of distilled grape spirits to fortify the wine and halt fermentation before all the sugar is converted to alcohol, and results in a wine that is usually 19% to 20% alcohol.

Port is commonly served after meals as a dessert wine in English-speaking countries, often with cheese, nuts, and/or chocolate; white and tawny ports are often served as an apéritif. In Europe all types of port are frequently consumed as aperitifs.

Back