The Quadro-Surround label

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Jon,
we have already decided to make short sound examples in stereo for each of our productrions. It may be helpfull, when you receive this in a few days and can add this to our thread by DVD-Audio. I think, the next productions we should offer each as separate presentation by DVD-Audio. The thread "quadro-suriound label" may meanwhile too confusing by much discussion. I will clear up the next days, how this music is to transfer to you.
Thank you for your big support.

Dietrich

Hello Jon,
we have already decided to make short sound examples in stereo for each of our productrions. It may be helpfull, when you receive this in a few days and can add this to our thread by DVD-Audio. I think, the next productions we should offer each as separate presentation by DVD-Audio. The thread "quadro-suriound label" may meanwhile too confusing by much discussion. I will clear up the next days, how this music is to transfer to you.
Thank you for your big support.

Dietrich

I was thinking of posting some surround samples if you like. I could take the audio and create short DTS wav files for members to download. However, I do not want to do anything that would not be good for you guys.

Jon,
thank you for your ideas. But actual our sound engineer will create a few MP3 samples, so that interested members can listen the character or style of the music. They may then be curious, how this sounds at home in quadraphonic surround.
So we will do also for our next productions. We would offer them already in December, but it looks more for beginning January. We must wait for the authority of the GEMA. I will inquiry today. But when it is ready, I send you again the examples, so that you can set the pictures und sound samples additional to my comment. Thank you already now.

Dietrich

Dietrich has given me permission to upload 3 1 minutes samplers from the "Hot Nights in Rio" DVD-Audio.

These samples were converted from 24/48 to 16/44.1 and encoded to DTS. You cannot play these in Windows Media Player, as you will only hear the encoded DTS signal. To play these, right click the links on the following page and save the files to your PC. You can then burn them to a CD or play them in Foobar2000 or some other way to play a DTS wav file.

I think you will agree that the surround mix is quite impressive.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/QuadroSurround

PS - QQ has no affiliation with QuadroSurround. I am providing this service because Dietrich is a long time member and I wish him the best of luck with his new label.

PS - QQ has no affiliation with QuadroSurround. I am providing this service because Dietrich is a long time member and I wish him the best of luck with his new label.

I think at this point in time, the forum should promote as many labels of discrete surround as possible and do our part in helping them succeed.

I would love to have the problem of struggling to choose between 100 or more great new releases!

I think at this point in time, the forum should promote as many labels of discrete surround as possible and do our part in helping them succeed.

I would love to have the problem of struggling to choose between 100 or more great new releases!

Of course! Just like we supported Quadio, and Martin with the Dorothee Munyaneza DVD-A from his Luminary Records, anyone who releases surround recordings will have the full support of QQ with no strings attached!

Hello again,
just we have completed our web-side with MP3 music-samples. So each of you can listen, how the big orchestra Frank Valdor sounds. We will do this also with our coming further quadraphonic productions, so that interested fans of quadraphonic surround-sound can listen, that we produce music with professional musicians and singers, who have also live a lot of fans by their concerts. Additional I will announce also their own web-sides which often further sound examples. For the orchestra Frank Valdor you may find some informations and pictures from his show orchestra with Google and his name. Our MP3 music samples you can listen by www.quadro-surround.de. Look to music-examples, then click and you have the side with the 3 MP3 samples. If possible, we will transfer them also to this thread by the QQ forum.

Dietrich

Omega has another quad album besides "200 Years after the Last War"? What is the name of it? I bet I could never find a copy, since I have never seen so much as a picture of it. Maybe someday...
The Quadfather

Hello Quadfather,
the right place for a discussion or askes for SQ records should be the thread for SQ records. I self own only Omega III.
But I think, we should look in the present time,what we could do, that quadraphonic sound is also new today, as we
work with our label and webside quadro-surround.de

Dietrich

Dear Deitrich;
Das Omega verbotten? I would like it fine if I could buy it on a modern, discrete format. It doesn't have to be SQ.

The Quadfather

Hello Quadfather,
The records of "Omega" are not "verboten" (permitted). I have meanwhile written to the label "Bellaphon" as a test, if it is possible, to geht the original 4-channel mastertapes or the rough tapes with 8 or 16 tracks for a new quadraphonic mixdown, if they do that (give a licence) and how many Euro this would cost. I feel curious, if they will answer and which ist their message. But when we could get this tapes: Who will pay the money of ā‚¬ 5.000 or 10.000? For a later selling of 3 or 4 DVD-Audios I don't make that. If "Bellaphon" answers, I will report their statement.
We have payed already now a lot of money for our new products and do that also as a test, if such an involvement of actual surround productions will get an interess by the surround fans. I and my helpers feel quadraphonic sounds not as an theme of vintage, but it should sound also actual today. So our next surround productions is announced for beginning January

Dietrich

Hello Quadfather,
The records of "Omega" are not "verboten" (permitted). I have meanwhile written to the label "Bellaphon" as a test, if it is possible, to geht the original 4-channel mastertapes or the rough tapes with 8 or 16 tracks for a new quadraphonic mixdown, if they do that (give a licence) and how many Euro this would cost. I feel curious, if they will answer and which ist their message. But when we could get this tapes: Who will pay the money of ā‚¬ 5.000 or 10.000? For a later selling of 3 or 4 DVD-Audios I don't make that. If "Bellaphon" answers, I will report their statement...
Meanwhile I emailed Omega mentioning a possible digital release of their quad albums and the Quadro-Surround label as well but I've got no response yet. Omega celebrate their 50th anniversary so there would never be a better opportunity to give something special (eg. surround) to their fans (as did Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Rush, The Who).

Neither of the Omega quad mixes are what i'd call "state of the art", you get the feeling whoever mixed them didn't understand the possibilyty's a quad mix would give the music, so many obvious possibity's were missed.

Both albums are "decoded" on the blog, for those who don't have them

I've always gotten the feeling Omega have distanced themselves from the english language "200 Years...", they never seem to do any of it live

OD

Hello Quadfather,
The records of "Omega" are not "verboten" (permitted). I have meanwhile written to the label "Bellaphon" as a test, if it is possible, to geht the original 4-channel mastertapes or the rough tapes with 8 or 16 tracks for a new quadraphonic mixdown, if they do that (give a licence) and how many Euro this would cost. I feel curious, if they will answer and which ist their message. But when we could get this tapes: Who will pay the money of ā‚¬ 5.000 or 10.000? For a later selling of 3 or 4 DVD-Audios I don't make that. If "Bellaphon" answers, I will report their statement.
We have payed already now a lot of money for our new products and do that also as a test, if such an involvement of actual surround productions will get an interess by the surround fans. I and my helpers feel quadraphonic sounds not as an theme of vintage, but it should sound also actual today. So our next surround productions is announced for beginning January

Dietrich

Re the cost, you could test the water with having people pre-order, so you know if there is enough demand tp go ahead with the Omega project.

Hello Robert,
at first I will wait, which and if I will receive an answer from Bellaphon. Usual by firms is today, that they don't answer askings from the customers.
The same, as I have written last year with asks about new surround productions to top managers of Warner, Universal music, Sony music, EMI in the USA and Europe. One of the reasons, that we will produce our wanted quadraphonic surroundsound now self.

Dietrich

For those, who have asked for mastertapes or recording rough tapes for examples from OMEGA, here is the result. I have asked the Label Bellaphon - also in Hamburg - at December 14. But a month later there is no an answer. As I thought: The Firms have no an interess for special activities in hinsight of surround sound. The same have been with askings by Universal, Warner, EMI, Sony. I have asked a year ago the leading managers of these firms, if the could start some surround productions with the new Audio Blu Ray. Also no one answer. And if there are very rare examples, it is most old sound material like Pink Floyd or Mike Oldfield or it is 5.1 Surround (Rock concerts on Blu Ray) but the music ist most in front. For me is a hope of such a wonder with a real start of new and authentic surround productions of the big labels meanwhile like a pie in the sky. The only way is the self production. That is the reason, that I was beginning to do that. I am curious, if the fans will see meanwhile also the reality.

Dietrich

For those, who have asked for mastertapes or recording rough tapes for examples from OMEGA, here is the result. I have asked the Label Bellaphon - also in Hamburg - at December 14. But a month later there is no an answer...
Not a surprise but too bad and shame of the labels. Al least you can say you gave it a try.

Deitrich:
That's kind of the way I thought it would go. Thanks for trying, friend. Maybe you could go after rising stars, before other record companies get them. Make the quads for us, and make the stereo versions to make a profit.
The Quadfather

Hello Quadfather,
thank you for your best wishes. But producing stereo CD's is not our turn. We are surround-fans since the 70's. It must be possible to get enough money from buyers of the surround scene now, so that further productions are possible. Only lookig and talking about surround as till now ist not enough. I am curious, how our next surround productions will run. You and the other surround fans will see it here in a few days. And a third quadraphonic-surround production is in prepration. Fans who are living in the reailty can catch the chance. Only living in a phantasia world of whishes or theories is not enough - especially for me and our crew.

Dietrich

Dietrich

Back