The Quadro-Surround label

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assuming a price of $20 or so, count me in despite my experience of the last one.
It's the least I can do to encourage your efforts.

Hey Deitrich:
If you don't want to produce stereo recordings for non quadraholics, it's your call. The only reason I suggested that was that quad has not been very profitable, apparently, or it would still be done by the major labels. You can't carry on an expensive recording operation without profit for very long. Stereo recordings would maybe provide profit that would help subsidize the quad efforts, and would be an easy spinoff from the quad operation. The more money made, the better chance of signing better talent. Of course, if you can do it with just quad only, more power to you!
The Quadfather

Hello Quadfather,
meanwhile I feel like to be in a wrong movie. I as fan with bix experiences of quadaphonics since the 70's should produce stereo CD's? Why that? For example: David Celia has produduced self in studios 3 stereo CD's. Why I should produce a fourth stereo CD with same titles? I think you mean with this strange tip, when I would earn some money with stereophonic productions, I could produce quadraphonic software for the fans for nothing. A real joke. With this quadraphonic productions I don't want to intrude by the fans. Those, who mean, this is unneccessary may go in the shops and buy their quadraphonic surround software by an overflowing supply. But exactly the opposite is true. New music surround software is since years missed or has (like most Blu Ray music videos) not a real well surround mixdown as we know it since quadraphonic times. And when there are by exeptions "new" offers, this is most boild old sound material like Chicago or Pink Floyd. I think, 20,-- for a real new quadraphonic productions means not, that I will ransack the fans. It is a normal price for special productions. Some may think, that we are greenhorns. But looking on our webside you can see, that we have professional equipment and the mixdown and the visual creation is done by professionals. And the mixdown is in those manner, as we like it since the 70's. We must not take, what newcomers mean to do with surround, which is often only stereo front plus reverberations in the rears.
Our investment till now is $ 20,000,--. Who are other producers, who make the sam? I would like it. So I could better sit in an easy chair and listen cheerful those other new quadraphonic productions. But the fact is: There is nearly nothing. That is the reason, why we was beginning to do it self for us and those fans, who appreciate our work and like it and support it for their own interess. We produce a limited time further on and we will see, if there is further on only a low or more interess.

Dietrich

Dietrich;
I do not expect to receive quad recordings for free. I and others on this forum expect to pay what it costs to produce them. I am glad to see that someone is still producing multichannel material with a good mix as you say. I see your point. If you can produce nothing but multichannel (quad) recordings with good mixes, and make a profit, then you have a business model that hopefully others will copy. I look forward to hopefully listening to new music that suits my taste in music. Good Luck
The Quadfather

@Dietrich, in the 80's and 90's there was Hungarian progressive rock group named Solaris whose music would deserve a surround treatment and that may be well accepted by surround fans worldwide imo. The band members or their label might be interested in mixing and releasing their albums in surround. Ofc there is a minimal chance for that but you never know. Here are some links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solaris_(band)
http://www.solaris.hu/index_eng.htm
http://www.invocatio.hu/index.php/en/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBLUmNkSWHc&feature=related

Hello grill
I can make a test. So I have asked today the people of solaris, if it is possible to get the rough recordings for a quadraphonic surround mixdown and how much expensive such a licence would be. If they are willig to do that, we can start an inquiry by the fans in the QQ forum and our here, how many are interested. Each of the interested fans must then be involved for the costs. As exanmple, the tapes cost $ 2,000 and there are interested 10 fans, the DVD-Audio for each fan cost $ 200. I like not to pay self much mony for the special interests of a few fans, which will make me only further financial losts. I think, we produce self music, which can be well heard for the taste of 90% of the surround-fans. But also then a lot of the fans are only waiting - of what? But now we will wait at first, which message I will receive from Solaris. Then I will mail you the answer.

Dietrich

Thank you very much Dietrich. Your efforts are much appreciated (y) I would be willing to pay $50 for each surround Solaris album. Of course, you are right about these things but I like dreaming :)

Helllo grill,
I have send the e-mail to Solaris at February 4, but now - a week later - I have no an answer. That shows us again, that dreams are often a "fata morgana". To have dreams is ok, but it don't help us. The only way to have really new quadraphonic recordings, is the self production. And I can not find a difference between the production of a new group from Warner etc. or our new quadraphonic recordings. In the 70's it was most important for the fans, that there was a mark on the LP Cover of CD-4 or SQ. So I can no understand some fans, that they actual like further on to want "wonders", instead of an support for new surround realities of our quadraphonic productions with new surround music. I self would like, that also others would make the same.

Dietrich

Helllo grill,
... So I can no understand some fans, that they actual like further on to want "wonders", instead of an support for new surround realities of our quadraphonic productions with new surround music. I self would like, that also others would make the same.

Dietrich
Thanks Dietrich. I'm eagerly waiting for your compilation album to support you :sun

Now a further message or news: We have today finished the quadraphonic mix of a further surroundLproduction, which is a second OGRE recording named "The last Neanderthal". Our customers will reveive a few days later our flyer. A further offer will be a report from John Urband and may be also from the Quadfather 3 weeks later after receiving the item for a press review. Quadraphonic sounds lives further on!!!

Dietrich

Now a further message or news: We have today finished the quadraphonic mix of a further surroundLproduction, which is a second OGRE recording named "The last Neanderthal". Our customers will reveive a few days later our flyer. A further offer will be a report from John Urband and may be also from the Quadfather 3 weeks later after receiving the item for a press review. Quadraphonic sounds lives further on!!!

Dietrich

Hell yes! More Ogre would be great!

Hello grill
I can make a test. So I have asked today the people of solaris, if it is possible to get the rough recordings for a quadraphonic surround mixdown and how much expensive such a licence would be. If they are willig to do that, we can start an inquiry by the fans in the QQ forum and our here, how many are interested. Each of the interested fans must then be involved for the costs. As exanmple, the tapes cost $ 2,000 and there are interested 10 fans, the DVD-Audio for each fan cost $ 200. I like not to pay self much mony for the special interests of a few fans, which will make me only further financial losts. I think, we produce self music, which can be well heard for the taste of 90% of the surround-fans. But also then a lot of the fans are only waiting - of what? But now we will wait at first, which message I will receive from Solaris. Then I will mail you the answer.

Dietrich

Sort of kickstarter project?

Hello keenly and Robert,
from Solaris we have got never an answer. Politeness is today very rare. But there are enough another well (rock)bands, which makes also a enjoying music.

By the second OGRE project we are now to do the finishing. The offer here will do kindly again Jon.

FYI

I just received and listened to the new Q-S release Ogre - The Last Neanderthal quad DVDA. In short, a great heavy metal music with discrete quad mix as well as with excellent dynamics (DR 13). It's absolutely not an ear and brain fatigue none the less it's heavy metal.

Btw, Dietrich, I'd suggest you to supplement Ogre's wiki page with the info that two Ogre albums have been mixed and released in quad. Perhaps there could be a similar announcement at Ogre's FB page.

FYI

I just received and listened to the new Q-S release Ogre - The Last Neanderthal quad DVDA. In short, a great heavy metal music with discrete quad mix as well as with excellent dynamics (DR 13). It's absolutely not an ear and brain fatigue none the less it's heavy metal.

I just heard this last night. Great metal music. Very discrete mix. I'll listen to this more than a few times I'm sure.

Back