The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the Bruce Soord solo deluxe selling at merch on this tour?

Well, I can answer the question, YES they did have his second solo deluxe for sale and for a very reasonable $40 price.
It could very easily be missed as there were PT albums put out on the table as well and the deluxe book is same size as a album.
I got a copy after the concert was over and needed to use the onsite banking machine as I only had $30 in my wallet and the 2 guys I went with did not have any cash.

Here's a good review of concert, much better than I could word.

https://www.sonicperspectives.com/concert-reviews/the-pineapple-thief-december-2019/
From the previous review:

"Harrison chimed a certain bell to highlight the incident. It only happened a few times in the evening"

The Pineapple Thief concert was wonderful and you can tell they have fun with each other as Gavin Harrison did ring the bell a few times and there was some nice banter back and forth with Bruce saying come on Gavin that wasn't that bad of a mistake. Bruce said a fan gave them the bell and Gavin made use of it.

Only one show left in Seattle tonight.

Last night was my last visit of 2019 to Covent Garden to see -
OT1.JPG

A great production, with the ROH orchestra sounding amazing under the baton of Antonio Pappano (leading the curtain call in my snap below) -
OT2.jpg

As one year draws to a close another beckons, with my first tranche of tickets for the new ROH season arriving today -
ROHt2020.JPG

Happy New Year to all fans of live music!

Last edited:
Monday matinee, 12/30/19 Trans-Siberian Orchestra @ Allstate Arena, Rosemont, IL.

Have been meaning to post this, but have been very busy.

Perhaps the best visual concert I've ever seen. Beatles' Love in Vegas ('08) and Kraftwerk at Chicago's Riviera ('98?) are the only shows that even came close.

Joe's pick. The music y'all likely know if you've heard them. I liked the musicianship, but might have picked something else to see/hear. Great visual spectacle!

Last edited:
Mild concert list additions not listed before - Nashville City Winery unless noted:

Jan 08 - David Lindley (Calif) [my high school friend Cindy Lee Berryhill opening]
Jan 09 - Albert Lee / Laurence Juber (CW)
Jan 15 - Jeffrey Gaines (CW lounge)
Jan 29 - Tool (Bridgestone Arena)
Feb 11 - Wayne Krantz (CW)
Mar 01 - Webb Wilder (CW)
Mar 12 - Devon Townsend (Basement East)
Mar 16 - Kasim Sultan's Utopia (CW)
Mar 21 - Eric Johnson (CW)
Apr 02 - Stick Men (Basement East)
Apr 14 - Martin Barre (CW)
Apr 19 - King's X (Basement East) postponed from Nov 2019
Apr 20 - Gilbert O'Sullivan (CW)

Just announced: Steely Dan & Winwood touring together this summer. I'm in!!

I've seen SD, Fagen solo, and NY Rock & Roll perhaps 8 times. Once w/Winwood, twice w/McDonald.

Have seen/heard Winwood 3 times: W/SD, w/Clapton, and headlining.

Hopefully, SD & Winwood will play together on stage a bit. Last time, that didn't happen.

Also have tix for Doobies w/McDonald this year.

When we saw them together, some guy sitting near us yelled, "play Aja!" I thought, "I swear they played that a couple songs ago." Then, we heard, "uh, Al, they just played Aja!"

Yabba, dabba, Doo!!

I'll be seeing Elton John play tomorrow evening. In a paddock. :ROFLMAO: This is one of the winery shows he's performing, as part of his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour down here. I've been to other shows like this - called A Day On The Green - at Rochford Winery in the Yarra Valley, and at Mt. Duneed Estate west of Geelong. On every occasion, it's been a superb experience.

Ordinarily, I relax with a bottle while I'm there. Tomorrow I'll probably abstain, on account of the searing heat: with 42°C/108°F forecast for Yarra Glen, nearby, this will be the hottest concert I've ever attended. For a long time, that title belonged to a Sunday arvo at St Kilda Festival. That day, I could simply cool down with beer, though I had a sweltering tram & train ride home. 😓 This time, I expect I'll just drink water.

I'd like to make an Elton-based joke here, about the weather being the precise opposite of Too Low For Zero. I hope the event management crew manage to keep him comfortable onstage. 🙂

ROGER WATERS - Any one looking for a PRESALE CODE for the upcoming USA TOUR - try the MLB.COM code DIAMOND - gets ya 2 days advance

Snood would love to go to the show in Orlando but best bud moved to Largo, Florida and he prob couldn't afford and other besty hates Pink Floyd (except Final Cut) 🤪

Man Oh Man gotta presale access and a ton of great seats left grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :whistle: :unsure: :whistle:

Righto: I think a brief report of last night's concert might bring some of us a chuckle. Elton greeted us all with a "Good evening ..... it's f***ing hot! Thanks for showing up!". He was right: though the heat was gradually easing by that point, it would still have been 40°C/104°F, with full sun. 😅 I'll just touch on the show itself; his performance was as exemplary as his immaculate garb. For the devotés out there, I'm pleased to report that All The Girls Love Alice was the second song of his set. :cool:

The big news, though, is what happened about ninety minutes in. We had been settling in to the awe-inspiring multimedia light-show of thunderstorms that leads into Funeral For A Friend, and as the thunder faded into his playing, the heavens opened upon us all. That raised a cheer from the audience: the timing was superb! Then the rain got worse. Then the wind picked up. A lot. It was a strong northerly, gusting the downpour directly onto the performers. Within a couple of minutes, the crew and band had evacuated the stage and covered all the instruments. Apparently, though, not in time to prevent damage to some of the gear, we were later informed. :( It was well-filmed in the following two audience videos, among several others:

Then, thousands of attendees had to trudge out of the sodden grounds. Whoops! I wonder if the evening will one day be remembered alongside the infamous 1993 Calder Park GN'R concert? :unsure: 27 years ago, practically to the day, and the weather pattern was uncannily similar. Still, this is a rare thing: I got to see a half-gig! All in all, a most memorable evening. :)

Didn't make the cut when I was buying tickets weeks ago, but I got to see TAJ MAHAL @ City Winery Nashville on Friday night! I had stopped at my guitar tech buddy's shop on Thursday to deliver a new 8 string bass neck I'd found (the old one could not be saved) to restore this bass. I told him about seeing David Lindley in Solana Beach the week before. He casually mentioned that Rob Ickles was the 2nd best dobro player behind Jerry Douglas. Told me he was playing Friday night along with guitarist Trey Hensley, if I want to go he'd see about getting me on the guest list. Sure! Then I get home and find they are both opening for and playing with Taj Mahal! They were awesome so I bought their new CD and poster. They didn't make it to the merch table but my tech buddy said he'd call me when they came out to his store. This was the late show and it was mighty fine! Trey and Rob's new record cover shown. These guys are killer players.
rob trey cover.jpg

taj1.jpg
taj2.jpg
taj4.jpg
taj5.jpg
taj7.jpg

Didn't make the cut when I was buying tickets weeks ago, but I got to see TAJ MAHAL @ City Winery Nashville on Friday night! I had stopped at my guitar tech buddy's shop on Thursday to deliver a new 8 string bass neck I'd found (the old one could not be saved) to restore this bass. I told him about seeing David Lindley in Solana Beach the week before. He casually mentioned that Rob Ickles was the 2nd best dobro player behind Jerry Douglas. Told me he was playing Friday night along with guitarist Trey Hensley, if I want to go he'd see about getting me on the guest list. Sure! Then I get home and find they are both opening for and playing with Taj Mahal! They were awesome so I bought their new CD and poster. They didn't make it to the merch table but my tech buddy said he'd call me when they came out to his store. This was the late show and it was mighty fine! Trey and Rob's new record cover shown.View attachment 45819
View attachment 45812View attachment 45813View attachment 45816View attachment 45817View attachment 45818
Always wanted to see Taj Mahal, and I really like Jerry Douglas so if Rob Ickles is 2nd to him on Dobro that would be another great set.

Always wanted to see Taj Mahal, and I really like Jerry Douglas so if Rob Ickles is 2nd to him on Dobro that would be another great set.
I also accidentally saw Taj Mahal in a little dance hall near Santa Fe New Mexico in 1980 going cross-country at the holidays. Another fun evening.

I've now tickets to see

Cardiff 5th May, Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets,
Cardiff 29th May, Peter Frampton,
Bath 7th May, Van Der Graaf Generator
Cardiff 16th June, Crowded House

I now need to make sure I'm not out of the country on those dates!
You’re going to see Van de Graaff generator? Holy hell!

The Classic Rock Show at the St Albans Arena. Terrific concert, immaculate playing and the band looked as though they were having as much fun as the audience. Highly recommended if you get a chance to see them.

Back