The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Date night - LOS LOBOS @ City Winery Nashville 02-08-2020 Early Show

LL1.jpg
LL2.jpg

LL3.jpg
LL4.jpg
LL5.jpg
LL6.jpg

I attended the 40th annual St Kilda Festival on Sunday. I got to watch a friend of mine perform in a brass band, which was really cool. I then caught the latter half of Stonefield's set. Damn, they play well! They're a band of sisters from rural Victoria who play some epic doom / stoner / psychadelic stuff. :cool: Later, I saw Icehouse perform most of their debut LP Flowers, in an homage to their performance at the very first St Kilda Festival. They also played an unlikely trio of covers: The Jean Genie, T. Rex' Get It On, and Pretty Vacant. Fantastic show. 👌

I attended the 40th annual St Kilda Festival on Sunday. I got to watch a friend of mine perform in a brass band, which was really cool. I then caught the latter half of Stonefield's set. Damn, they play well! They're a band of sisters from rural Victoria who play some epic doom / stoner / psychadelic stuff. :cool: Later, I saw Icehouse perform most of their debut LP Flowers, in an homage to their performance at the very first St Kilda Festival. They also played an unlikely trio of covers: The Jean Genie, T. Rex' Get It On, and Pretty Vacant. Fantastic show. 👌
Wow I didn't realise Icehouse were still going! I have the CD of "Great Southern Land"

Wow I didn't realise Icehouse were still going! I have the CD of "Great Southern Land"
Yep; they tour sporadically, and I've been fortunate to catch them a couple of times. Iva can't hit the highest notes consistently anymore, though he has a touring guitarist who sings a couple of those songs for him (Man Of Colours, for example, though they didn't play that song on Sunday). I think it's a great way to offer their audience the best experience. 👍

For fans of Birdsong At Morning: FREE CONCERT

Big Birdsong Bonanza - Lowell, MA

Sunday, March 1, 2020
8:00 PM 10:00 PM
UMass Lowell - Durgin Concert Hall (map)
Google Calendar ICS

Join Alan, Greg, and Darleen for another big blowout concert at UMass Lowell. Long-time collaborators and UML faculty members Thomas Juliano (guitar), Andy Fordyce (percussion), and Chris Lee (percussion) will be there, along with two UML students Andrew Marshall and Maria Thekaekara providing lovely harmony vocals. Oh, and an eight-piece string octet featuring many of our extended Birdsong family members. It’s like a reunion show without breaking up the band, and is part of the UMLTake it to the Bridge program pairing students with professional performing groups, with support from the Richard and Nancy Donahue Endowment for the Arts.

Best of all, it’s FREE and open to the public - parking available

Durgin Concert Hall

35 Wilder St.

Lowell, MA 01854

Dirty Honey at Turner Hall, Milwaukee, WI, 2/12. Dirty Honey - Wikipedia

Great show and we got to meet the band. We briefly talked about their success without being signed to a label!

Their mix tape was playing White Room in the background. Mentioning that we had listened to both discs of Wheels of Fire in the car that afternoon elicited chuckles from the band. We were obviously into one of their influences. If you like Zep, Rush, Aerosmith, etc., you might like these guys:

Last edited:
Dirty Honey at Turner Hall, Milwaukee, WI, 2/12. Dirty Honey - Wikipedia

Great show and we got to meet the band. We briefly talked about their success without being signed to a label!

Their mix tape was playing White Room in the background. Mentioning that we had listened to both discs of Wheels of Fire in the car that afternoon elicited chuckles from the band. We were obviously into one of their influences. If you like Zep, Rush, Aerosmith, etc., you might like these guys:

Really like them, nice raw bluesy rock. I'm sure I've heard Rolling 7s played on the UK Radio Station Planet Rock

iPhone 7 not displaying on PC; had to do photos on a different box. Wayne Krantz was recommended to me by a great guitarist friend who now works at D'Addario. He was not kidding! These guys were really played out there cool stuff. Wayne rarely took to the mic, his main message was: "The marketing may say this is the Wayne Krantz Trio, but that was before people learned who these guys are. So we are calling it KCL." Just ordered 'Two Drink Minimum' CD as Japanese import.

KCL1.jpg

KCL2.jpg

KCL3.jpg
KCL7.jpg

KCL5.jpg

KCL6.jpg

Elton John is scheduled this summer (on his last tour) for New Orleans. I don't even want to look at ticket prices, as I've seen him twice now, and that's good enough (Yellow Brick Road tour in Mobile AL, and at Neil Young's Bridge concert in SF, solo, on electric piano -- magnificent!).

However, I may rethink that. Unfortunately, he's slowed down to pneumonia, and I wonder if I should just treasure those moments.

After all, I have the SACD multis :D . The common view is correct: this artist has the best multi's in the business. Case closed.

Back