The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C2B99713-DF1A-4988-9C21-1F8B4FD970DE.jpeg

A very pleasant evening in Maitland, NSW last night

Last night at the ENO:

LM1.jpg

Not the best well known of Verdi’s operas , and whilst not a masterpiece has some fine music and if well sung as it was last night, can be very powerful.

The staging was, err, ‘bold’, and I’m not really sure I got the point of it all – who was the guy in underpants being smeared with ink for example? – much discussion in the interval, but nobody really seemed to know!

MARCH 03, 2020 - We are alive and well down here, it's been really odd watching the news about the tornado get worse by the hour in terms of property damage, deaths and people still missing. East Nashville (Germantown, et al) got hammered shortly after 1AM. (I'd stayed up pretty late watching TV weather radar coverage and it was concerning; had to be somewhat sure we weren't in the path) As maybe mentioned elsewhere, we have lost the BASEMENT EAST venue. This was where Ryan and I got our Big Beautiful Books of Bass signed by Geddy Lee. Plans are to rebuild (not sure if on the same spot) and re-locate or cancel shows coming up. They say this will take days or weeks to figure out but I've already seen The EXIT-IN and the Cannery Ballroom help out by taking on some of Basement E's shows. No word yet on these shows I'm attending: Devin Townsend - March 12th / Stick Men - April 2nd / King's X - April 19th

Basement E website.jpg

This photo is very popular on the internet today:
Basement East.jpg

Well, it has been my favorite band for decades (50, in fact), and while I experienced Fripp's solo 1977 (78?) tour in an intimate record store in Austin, Tx, I've never heard the whole band, so I've overcome my initial reluctance due to the current pandemic <shudder> and bought a ticket to King Crimson at the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans this June.

Any other QQ's going to this one? Let's hook up in the Quarter beforehand 😃. Captain?

Unfortunately, I almost expect the tour to be delayed or cancelled. Interesting that they are travelling by bus -- recognition of travel virus dangers?

Messina!

One of the most overlooked people in rock.

I'm envious. Caught him live w/Loggins on reunion tour.

Have most of his solo, every L&M, Poco & Buffalo Springfield. Even have Messina w/The Jesters.

One of his recent CD's is autographed.

Jim Messina @ Infinity Music Hall in Norfolk, CT. Great band, music & venue - sold out show. Messina is still one of the tastiest players - all stuff, no fluff!
View attachment 47185

Last edited:
Messina!

One of the most overlooked people in rock.

I'm envious. Caught him live w/Loggins on reunion tour.

Have most of his solo, every L&M, Poco & Buffalo Springfield. Even have Messina w/The Jesters.

One of his recent CD's is autographed.

You should have been there. They held a trivia contest before the show to give away tkts to future shows at the venue - first question was - the name of Messina’s first band - The Jesters. Of course you have that:cool:

Well, it has been my favorite band for decades (50, in fact), and while I experienced Fripp's solo 1977 (78?) tour in an intimate record store in Austin, Tx, I've never heard the whole band, so I've overcome my initial reluctance due to the current pandemic <shudder> and bought a ticket to King Crimson at the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans this June.

Any other QQ's going to this one? Let's hook up in the Quarter beforehand 😃. Captain?

Unfortunately, I almost expect the tour to be delayed or cancelled. Interesting that they are travelling by bus -- recognition of travel virus dangers?
50 decades? Dude! :LB

yup... bought my VIP tix(for the first time as VIP) but I guess it will be cancelled (figures...), we shall see..
KC is a force of nature live..seen them MANY times in the last 7 years...also in 1984 and 2000...and 2003

This has been a crazy stretch indeed. Got through the tornado aftermath and then flew to San Diego for work and some wonderful visits with various friends of 40+ years. By the time last Wednesday (11) rolled around, I flew home on a plane that had 100 empty seats. Was expecting to attend a Devon Townshend show on Thursday (12) at Cannery Ballroom which cancelled day of show. Then the other three shows that would've completed by Saturday (21) all cancelled as well. Still hoping to see James Taylor in June, hunkering down like everyone else now. I've been working from home for about 30 years so just another day. Maybe I can catch up on listening at home.

This has been a crazy stretch indeed. Got through the tornado aftermath and then flew to San Diego for work and some wonderful visits with various friends of 40+ years. By the time last Wednesday (11) rolled around, I flew home on a plane that had 100 empty seats. Was expecting to attend a Devon Townshend show on Thursday (12) at Cannery Ballroom which cancelled day of show. Then the other three shows that would've completed by Saturday (21) all cancelled as well. Still hoping to see James Taylor in June, hunkering down like everyone else now. I've been working from home for about 30 years so just another day. Maybe I can catch up on listening at home.
I have a horrible feeling all the gigs I have lined up in May for Nick Mason, Van Der Graff Generator, Jeff Beck, Peter Frampton & probably Crowded House in June are going to be cancelled as well. :( Lots in April already have.

This was posted on Les Claypool's site on February 19, Rush's Farewell to Kings covered on his summer tour.

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 12.17.55 PM.png

For many artists I follow, for decades they've used a similar summer tour itinerary to his.
Anchor dates at large festivals like Bonnaroo and Milwaukee Summerfest, several weeks touring coast to coast.

COVID-19 is surely the biggest bomb to hit the live music industry since World War II, will be interesting to see how it responds and adapts.

Back