The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will be a live stream concert in 15 minutes from ukulele master Jake Shimabukuro on his FB page:
Jake Shimabukuro

3 p.m. Hawaii time. 9 p.m. EST

Jake is Alan Parsons' neighbor and buddy, and played on The Secret.

It's virtual concerts from here on out folks, time to start dipping our toes in the water, I expect.

There will be a live stream concert in 15 minutes from ukulele master Jake Shimabukuro on his FB page:
Jake Shimabukuro

3 p.m. Hawaii time. 9 p.m. EST

Jake is Alan Parsons' neighbor and buddy, and played on The Secret.

It's virtual concerts from here on out folks, time to start dipping our toes in the water, I expect.
Live stream finally got started, Jake thought he was logged on but wasn't.
Started with In My Life -> Hallelujah.
Now Playing While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Should we have a separate Gigs That I am Missing Tonight Due to the Virus thread? It would become a long thread very quickly!

Tonight would have been Band of Horses in Richmond. Thankfully, rescheduled for September.

It's interesting to look at some shows being rescheduled, some refunded, some with a choice, some with no refund and no promises...

Sadly, but understandably, King Crimson has decided to postpone this summer's tour until 2021. Here's the official statement from the band:

King Crimson have taken the difficult, but inevitable decision to postpone this summer’s tour of North America for a year. Although it is possible that some venues in the US and Canada may open again in time for shows this June and July, there seems little possibility that the threat from Coronavirus will have completely faded – and we have no desire to risk the health of the band, the crew or the audience. No-one should have to decide between a concert and a threat to their health.

We have been in discussion with the various concert promoters, all of whom remain very keen to host King Crimson shows, and it is our intention wherever possible to play exactly the same dates with the Zappa Band on very similar dates in 2021. The rescheduled dates will be confirmed over the coming weeks.

This should leave fans with the option of either ticket refunds, or attending the rescheduled concerts next year.

In the coming week, we will also be contacting all those who have bought Royal Packages directly from DGMLive so that they can make the same decision.

In the meantime, we wish everyone the very best of health, and hope to see you next year.

Sad that no one has posted on this thread in over a month. It is a sign of the times.

Yesterday, we heard that Steely Dan/Winwood is being postponed to summer 2021. We bought tix for myself, Joe & Joe's Daughter for this summer. Sadly, we're asking for a refund. We have no idea what Joe's Daughter will be doing then. She'll be starting college a few weeks after that. We saw/heard Steely Dan w/Becker a few years back. Winwood opened for them. Had seen Winwood two other times besides that. Had seen Fagen solo once, NY Rock&Soul and Steely Dan half a dozen times. Likely Joe and I will rebuy tix next year. We'll see what our schedules look like then.

We've already had Dokken and Johnny Rivers postponed. I'd expect Doobies w/McDonald this summer will be postponed, too. We have tix.

Phooey!

I have still been receiving requests from my Blues Cruise asking why I haven't signed up yet for the Oct. 2020 cruise. Not comfortable at all with a cruise now or maybe for the foreseeable future. They also have sign-ups happening the end of this month for a January 2021 cruise. A great line up for January but again, 1) Safe?, 2) will cruise lines go bankrupt? & 3) A cruise ship!?!. We also go with the cheapest room because its all about the music and the room is only our sleeping quarters. Imagine going into quarantine on the ship in a very tiny room with NO WINDOWS. Gotta say the idea of Drive-In concerts just doesn't tickle may fancy either. Sitting in your car with live music on a stage...nah, let's just hold off some more. Pay for a virtual live concert? Ya, that sound OK, and just like watching a blu-ray with good sound potential. I'm open to paying for a live televised pay-per view... I guess.

I have still been receiving requests from my Blues Cruise asking why I haven't signed up yet for the Oct. 2020 cruise. Not comfortable at all with a cruise now or maybe for the foreseeable future. They also have sign-ups happening the end of this month for a January 2021 cruise. A great line up for January but again, 1) Safe?, 2) will cruise lines go bankrupt? & 3) A cruise ship!?!. We also go with the cheapest room because its all about the music and the room is only our sleeping quarters. Imagine going into quarantine on the ship in a very tiny room with NO WINDOWS. Gotta say the idea of Drive-In concerts just doesn't tickle may fancy either. Sitting in your car with live music on a stage...nah, let's just hold off some more. Pay for a virtual live concert? Ya, that sound OK, and just like watching a blu-ray with good sound potential. I'm open to paying for a live televised pay-per view... I guess.
Cruise 🚢 should be banned, unless you’ve had your “shots” (🙏)
We took a Cruise to Alaska years ago; I found out I’m not a Cruise Ship kind of guy.

I'm lamenting the postponement or cancellation of shows down here, too. We're seeing the occasional live stream gig happening, though. I'm quite looking forward to One Night Lonely, scheduled to take place this Saturday evening at 7 pm (AEST). I will book in some time with the couch in our upstairs lounge. 😁🍺

I had the bookings for a total of seven operas across the ENO and the ROH spring season cancelled. I chose to donate the ticket costs to the artists support organisations at those two great organisations rather than accept any refunds since there seems to be little prospect of theatres re-opening in the foreseeable future. I am fearful of the long term effect on the arts. It is highly likely that theatres will not be able to re-open until mass gatherings are declared safe - which will surely require a vaccine (if they ever find one). With no ticket receipts, most venues and production companies will have gone bankrupt long before then.

! I didn't go directly through the Saenger box office, and was emailed that it would be held, but I better recheck.

Bad news -- I was given a larger sum of money in a "coupon to be used before expiration date." There was, of course, no expiration date given <grrr>.

It was Ticket-Master, so if it is at least a year, I can still get KC tix.

Back