The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night, my wife and I saw Judas Priest at Peoria, IL Civic Center Theater. Honest to God, it was an amazing show. Halford, for the most part, can still kill it. I was a bit shocked that he still sounds this good at his age. Overall, the show was a knockout. Yeah, my videos aren't that great, I'm a rookie for sure. Ahead of us were 3 short rows of VIP, otherwise, my seats were considered row A. Amazing view.

Excellent, they haven't lost it!

I first saw them as a support band in 1974 (they had released the Rocka Rolla album), some time later I was involved with bands so was standing on the side of the stage watching them, the thunderflashes went off and I ended up blown over, then hit by the plaster from the ceiling above the stage - The roadie had rammed the tubes full of newspaper to make the band louder!

Did they do their cover of Green Manalishi?

Excellent, they haven't lost it!

I first saw them as a support band in 1974 (they had released the Rocka Rolla album), some time later I was involved with bands so was standing on the side of the stage watching them, the thunderflashes went off and I ended up blown over, then hit by the plaster from the ceiling above the stage - The roadie had rammed the tubes full of newspaper to make the band louder!

Did they do their cover of Green Manalishi?
I don't think they did..:( I was so happy they did some older cuts though as rumor had it they wouldn't. They did play Rocka Rolla. That was amazing. And, they did Desert Plains....which I couldn't believe. So happy with the set.

"Queensryche" opened for Judas Priest. Not even sure who their singer is now, but he's pretty damn great. No, not nearly as good as Tate in his day, but still, a casual fan wouldn't even notice the difference. They rocked man, thumping in my chest for sure.

sorry Donny, but it's not Steely Dan, I love your music, but It's a Donald Fagen show doing Steely Dan material...
I see a July 13th Franklin Tenn. show, maybe @timbre4 can be pulled back in for one?
https://jambands.com/news/2022/03/15/steely-dan-adds-dates-to-2022-summer-tour/
Yes it's technically a Donald Fagen show. It's also at a new amphitheater near me with only a terrible two lane road to get there with traffic backups before and after. People have missed shows due to traffic. Pass.

Last edited:
Upcoming shows after recent evenings with Kasim Sultan, Hot Tuna and Gilbert O’Sullivan:

John Lodge - Mar 19
Oz Noy Trio - Mar 21 added
Sparks - Mar 22
Van Gogh exhibit - Mar 27
Steve Hackett - Apr 16 Atlanta
Martin Barre - Apr 14
The Eagles - Apr 28
Pineapple Thief - May 18
Sigur Ros - May 28
Kraftwerk - June 24
China Crisis - July 7
Aristocrats - July 27
Greg Howe - Aug 16
Porcupine Tree - NYC Sept 16
Porcupine Tree - Chicago Sept 20
Porcupine Tree - Los Angeles Sept 30
Kings X - Oct 23

Last edited:
We caught Fagen solo on Morph tour. He was great! Caught Steely Dan w/Becker in '16 they were great, as well. Winwood opened. We had tix for Dan (-Becker) and Winwood again in '19, but it was canceled.

We do have tix for a Bee Gees clone band, rescheduled from '19. Also have tix, but no reschedule date for either Johnny Rivers nor David Clayton-Thomas. We had tix for a couple dozen shows in '19. All the rest have been refunded.

Concert going has become a pain. Likely we'll resume our "active" concert going if/when Covid dies down. Until then, It will be an evening of mask wearing at a select few shows.

Yes it's technically a Donald Fagen show. It's also at a new amphitheater near me with only a terrible two lane road to get there with traffic backups before and after. People have missed shows due to traffic. Pass.
that reminds me .. I HATE PEOPLE WHO SAY amP-itheater!!! It comes from the Greek Amfiteatro, the PH substituting the "F"...and now I am going to take my meds...

Yeah, the whole Donnie baby thing is a bit sordid, his ex wife suing him for physical abuse which, given how he is in real life, would not surprise me in the least... I can go to the limit of the artist person being a not very nice person in real life but I draw the line when it comes to physical abuse towards women (having witnessed it as a kid and teenager at home.. don't ask)... I do not support those defective XY gene animals... on the list is also Jackson Browne...and many more... that is why I will never see them in concert or buy any of their releases anymore... the whole "Sunken Condos" came before the debacle so I did get it, but no more...

Last night we were celebrating St Paddy's at a great LPO concert, which was FREE!
Conductor competition and all of them were great...all of them have had a lot of experience already.
I am ALWAYS looking forward to classical concerts so it was a treat to hear the Firebird, Beethoven's 7th and Brahms' 4th (the Allegro is "Cans and Brahms" but with a FULL Orchestra and unedited)...
Sadly, it was not very full but, hey...
Ravel's Pavanne was SUBLIME and played only once, unfortunately.
It was very curious that sometimes it felt like I was listening to a SAMPLED ORCHESTRA...psychoacoustics; we are so used to hearing samples that it now feels like we are listening to lesser quality stuff...LOL!

that reminds me .. I HATE PEOPLE WHO SAY amP-itheater!!! It comes from the Greek Amfiteatro, the PH substituting the "F"...and now I am going to take my meds...

Yeah, the whole Donnie baby thing is a bit sordid, his ex wife suing him for physical abuse which, given how he is in real life, would not surprise me in the least... I can go to the limit of the artist person being a not very nice person in real life but I draw the line when it comes to physical abuse towards women (having witnessed it as a kid and teenager at home.. don't ask)... I do not support those defective XY gene animals... on the list is also Jackson Browne...and many more... that is why I will never see them in concert or buy any of their releases anymore... the whole "Sunken Condos" came before the debacle so I did get it, but no more...
Is this a rant? 😂

3 days, 3 different set lists....:D

Captura de pantalla 2022-03-20 a las 14.44.39.png

Wanting very much to see RIVERSIDE; early tour stops (like Nashville I had a ticket for) were cancelled due to red tape getting into the country according to their website. They saved Atlanta by pushing it back a couple days. Damn. Same night as Steve Hackett in Atlanta. I am contemplating going to Chicago to see them now. They said they'd make good on Nashville, etc. in early 2023 but you just never know for certain.

Waiting for JOHN LODGE to start last night at City Winery, the big screens displayed OZ NOY TRIO Monday March 21! What huh? When did that get on the schedule? So I bought a ticket then and there to see them tomorrow night.

Back