The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw Steve Hackett this past Tuesday in Boulder. It was a tremendous concert in all aspects. It is part of the Seconds Out tour, so the first 35-40 min were a few of his solo tracks, then after a 20 min break they came out and did the Seconds Out album in its entirety. Overall, a 2 and a half hour evening of incredible music. It's tough to cover either Peter or Phil's vocals but their vocalist does a pretty good job. The rest of the band is almost perfect. Great night and reasonable tix prices.

I saw Steve Hackett last night in Sacramento, CA. I agree 100% with @ted_b . Incredible concert! Hearing "Supper's Ready" live was the highlight for me.
I also love that Steve allows cameras at his shows.

20220516-Hackett10.jpg

20220516-Hackett12.jpg

20220516-Hackett06.jpg

20220516-Hackett08.jpg

20220516-Hackett09.jpg

20220516-Hackett05.jpg

Off to see Beck tomorrow at the Kentish Town Forum in London and just warming up by listening to his Sea Change 5.1 BDA. This is the second half of my mini 'English Woodstock' where I saw Liam Gallagher at Knebworth a couple of weeks ago followed by The Killers the next day at Ashburton Grove stadium. GOONERS!!! :D Elton John (possibly followed by Pearl Jam) at Hyde park next weekend completes the set. Man it's so good to see live music again!

Porcupine Three Now Chicago show only due to work travel conflicts. If you buy concert tickets, you will enjoy my little victory at the end. 😉

Backstory: Bought 2 tickets to show in NYC with ticket insurance in cause something changed my plans. Was not happy with the claims process as you will see. Enjoy.
On 6/7/2022 3:24 PM, Claims Inquiry wrote:
Dear Timothy McDonnell,
Claim Number: 0008248202-001
Thank you for submitting your claim with Allianz Global Assistance. We’re sorry that things didn’t go as planned. While reviewing your claim, we found that additional information is required to accurately process your claim. The required documentation to process your claim is listed below:
* A letter from your employer, on a letterhead, verifying the reason for your claim. This could include verification of work relocation, verification showing length of employment and the reason for leaving, or verification of your requirement to work.
* Proof of payment for the event.
You can submit your documentation in the following ways:
===========================================
Hello,
Let's review what's going on here.

Q. Why purchase concert tickets insurance?
A. So that when something like a conflict arises, I can simply get a refund

I've furnished the tickets purchase details (which you already have, since I can't buy your product without buying tickets and your policy is linked to these tickets). I also included the dates of the work event I was assigned two months after ticket purchase. I never had the impression from Ticketmaster that I had to prove anything to anybody.
I turned 64 last week and I simply refuse to be treated like a 4th grader on a field trip. Please provide the service I paid for as soon as possible.
Thank you, Tim
===========================================
6/11/2022 text
Congratulations

your claim has been paid! Payment will be made based on the method of payment you selected.
HOORAY for us consumers! I shamed somebody into thinking about their "approval" process.

290133587_5757552487591563_4452948001721065611_n.jpg

[Warning: Spoilers ahead}

Just got back from two nights of Tears For Fears. The final two nights of their U.S. tour in Holmdel, NJ & Wantagh, NY. Curt's voice is probably at 80% of its 1980's glory, but Roland sounds just like he did in his younger days. He's still hitting those crazy high notes with amazing ease. The band was really tight and had great energy. You'd be hard pressed to find another band forty years into their career who are still giving performances this strong. Also, not too many bands can play that much new material and hold their audience's attention. They did seven songs from The Tipping Point and there was no mass exodus for beer runs/bathroom breaks. The new tunes sounded right at home next to the old classics. A back-to-back pairing of "Suffer the Children" and "Woman in Chains" felt really poignant in light of current events. A new female singer, Lauren Evans, really shone during those two songs as well as on a killer version of "Badman's Song".

Last edited:
just caught The Skints, Tiger Army, The Interrupters, Flogging Molly
The Skints, remind me of 2nd Wave of Ska with a dance-hall influence. Marcia must be one of the hardest working front-women in music, vocals, keys, guitar, sax, melodica, drums and samples. A rather enjoyable opening act.

Tiger Army, I love the tub-thumping bass of a Psychobilly tune and they were the primary reason I went.

The Interrupters. They say ska-punk. I suppose, but ska like No Doubt, very clean. Enjoyable but none of the frenetic energy and angst that I got recently with Rancid.

Flogging Molly, 5th time seeing them and always a good show.

Last night the Canadian band (from Montreal) Alex Henry Foster & The Long Shadows (basically Your Favorite Enemies) at the Thekla in Bristol, an amazing gig so much energy, mesmerising, and the band are a really nice bunch of people. Sadly only about 40 people (same weekend as Glasto & another Fest in Bristol) so they must have lost money on doing the gig, but they gave it their all for nigh on 2 hours.

A cover of the Lou Reed Song The Power Of The Heart

The Interrupters. They say ska-punk. I suppose, but ska like No Doubt, very clean. Enjoyable but none of the frenetic energy and angst that I got recently with Rancid.
Did a bit of research, Tim Armstrong has produced them since album 1 and cowrote all of their latest album. No wonder they sounded so much like a clean vocal version of Rancid.

Back