The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, tomorrow I'm leaving Ohio, USA, for my second visit to England with The British Invasion tribute band. I'm proud to call a couple of you from the motherland friends since the last trip in 2018 (you know who you are), and I'm looking forward to seeing you again!
The Kinks, The Hollies, The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Beatles, Herman's Hermits, The Shadows Badfinger, many more...
299465676_10158794171777196_7522222214313751146_n.jpg

well, went to the Post Office yesterday and my pal Rusty asked me if I liked Led Zep... duuuuhhhh!!!! he told me they were playing "tonight" to which I went...uuuuhhh, NO..but let's hear him out.. he was giving away tix to go see "Zoso" at the House of Blues and he asked me if I wanted a couple of tix...YES PLEASE!!!
These guys are awesome. the singer, although a different timbre has an amazing voice and all of them were amazing musicians; I was telling my wife that Zep is NOT easy to play... got there by the 2nd song (no opening act) but I stayed back until the last 3 or 4 songs...horrible muddled sound but I was wearing my 3M 1100s so , all good!
IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1898.JPG

IMG_1899.JPG

This is what I have seen in these past weeks: RHCP (twice), Journey, Hanson, Porcupine Tree.
Going to see Roger Waters next week and Cigarettes after Sex in November.

MUSE and Opeth just got announced today for next year, and I had already booked The Pineapple Thief. Not too bad.

Last edited:
Seeing my all time favorite band King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard this Saturday, a ticket I've held onto for THREE YEARS at a new venue in Chicago (bought late 2019 for show in March 2020, which was then Oct 2020, which was then Oct 2021, which was then Oct 2022. Ironically they were supposed to be the inaugral band of this place, RADIUS), which I'm very very excited about. They're releasing 3 albums this month alone (one out tonight, one out last Friday, which might be a great intro, jazz rock fusion, opening track's a lil goofy, all around fun), and I'll get to see them with 2 albums of fresh material. And they've started to become a kinda-sorta jam band which really excites me.

And speaking of Jam bands, I've just made travel arrangements (still need tickets, but it will work out. Seeing if I can get a better deal than the ones on Stubhub, et al), to see 4 nights of Phish at Madison Square Garden this New Years Eve!

Seeing my all time favorite band King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard this Saturday, a ticket I've held onto for THREE YEARS at a new venue in Chicago (bought late 2019 for show in March 2020, which was then Oct 2020, which was then Oct 2021, which was then Oct 2022. Ironically they were supposed to be the inaugral band of this place, RADIUS), which I'm very very excited about. They're releasing 3 albums this month alone (one out tonight, one out last Friday, which might be a great intro, jazz rock fusion, opening track's a lil goofy, all around fun), and I'll get to see them with 2 albums of fresh material. And they've started to become a kinda-sorta jam band which really excites me.

And speaking of Jam bands, I've just made travel arrangements (still need tickets, but it will work out. Seeing if I can get a better deal than the ones on Stubhub, et al), to see 4 nights of Phish at Madison Square Garden this New Years Eve!
Saw them in March or april, dont recall, and it was amazing! you're in for a treat!

Last night (10/11/22) I went to see a show at the san Francisco Masonic, The Markus King Band. Had some legitimate surprises at the show. regarding the music.
1. Solo female act, forget her name opened, whatever.
2. Next 4 piece band, Neal Francis, super good, think Supertramp, Styx, Billy Joel. Lots of extended solos, keyboards, mini moog, bass, drums, guitar.
3. Comedian, forget his name, whatever.
4. The Markus King Band, from South Carolina. I would consider a country/rock/outlaw type of band which is why I went. I was completely amazed as to there many jazz/fusion improv sessions. I figured because he was from South Carolina, they would do a tune from The Marshall Tucker Band, and they did, Take The Highway.
Good crowd, over at 11:00pm.
I was still wired when I got home and did some You Tube searches for both bands, no surprise to see a video with Markus King and John Scofield.
NEAL FRANCIS
IMG_2998.jpg

Markus King
IMG_3001.jpg

Just got back to the states yesterday after a week in England. While in London we caught the Abba Voyage “tour”.

For those of you who don’t know, Abba created a live show utilizing a ten-piece live band and avatars of themselves (“ABBAtars”). The performance of the avatars was created by 160 cameras recording the four members wearing motion sensor body suits. Being in their ‘70s and never being a band that liked to tour, the avatars do the performing for them. A one-of-a-kind theatre was designed specifically for the show and is currently in London where it will run presumably until they decide it’s time to take the show - and the theatre - to another city.

All that being said, if you are at all skeptical please believe me: you’ve never seen anything like this. I could go on, but there aren’t words to describe the thrilling experience they’ve created. I literally cried at moments.

If you ever find yourself near London, do yourself a favor and make room in your schedule for this show.

ABBA Voyage – first review and setlist - Classic Pop Magazine

I was at the O2 London, with my younger brother, to see Roxy Music's 50th show, on Friday 14th.

I'm still in Roxy Paradise.

I banged on about this bands first release, way back in 1972...2 years before brother No 4 (Chris) was born.

He's not so familiar with their music but as a musician himself, he got it!!
And there was a good cross section in ages at the concert.

Now searching youtube to find vids of the concert. I was so spellbound, I only took one video 'Love is the Drug'.

First concert in 3 loooong years.

Attachments

• 20221014_220700.jpg
    20221014_220700.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Saw The Who at the Hollywood Bowl teusday night. Was not expecting much this time but boy were they good. Daltry was in excellent voice with great range. Only towards the end of the concert did his voice start going but my god hes 78 years old. As for Pete I was very pleased with his guitar playing. Zak Starkey on drums is a great fit. I also saw him play with Oasis in the past hes great. I did not read about the song list before going so I was surprised. They played with an orchestra off and on through the concert. Great selection of songs. I took my 14 yo son this is his third Who tour/concert. Ive been taking him to concerts just about since he could walk......
Highly recommended if you like The Whos' music.

Beerking I saw Roxy Music back in the 70s around the time of the Stranded album and again at their last reunion about 20 years ago which was great. A very unique group just wish I could have seen them with Eno.

Beerking I saw Roxy Music back in the 70s around the time of the Stranded album and again at their last reunion about 20 years ago which was great. A very unique group just wish I could have seen them with Eno.
Great to read, you like some Roxy!!
And saw them live!!

I had tickets to see them, way back in 1973, when Eno was still playing with them but got the flu and couldn't go 🤧 :confused:
The show was on April 12th at the Gaumont Theatre, Southampton.

Eno left on 2nd July 1973.

Finally got to see them in 2005, 2011 and 2022.

2005 was at the Isle of Wight Festival

I can never get enough Roxy!!

Although, sadly, that's probably their last tour 😢

Cheers

Mike

Like me some Who...saw them at the Isle of Wight Festival in 2004.

Last edited:
Back