The Rolling Stones "Let It Bleed (50th Anniversary Ltd. Deluxe Edition) (SACD/2LP) (ABKCO) (11/1/2019)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is still a tough sell to me. If you just want a digital hi-res of the title, without the extra BS; you can still get Japanese SACDs from 2002 & 2010 for $20-$40, and the BD for about $50-$60 and all mastered by Bob L.

You're absolutely correct, Pupster ...... I have at least one of the SACDs and the BD~A ....didn't realize it was mastered by Bob Ludwig. Unless one wants to pay $70 plus s/h for the fancy schamcy 7" packaging, I'm COVERED!

Awesome, thanks for this new info. I cancelled my order with Amazon and re ordered with CDJapan.
While I was at it I found a copy of Miles Davis-Live Evil stereo SHM SACD.

Markie, LIVE EVIL SHM~SACD? ....... Columbia Records [SONY] only does Blu Spec and usually hybrid SACDs [unless it's single layered]. Still waiting for a 4.0 release ... like Bitches Brew! It does have a QUAD master.

Last edited:
This is still a tough sell to me. If you just want a digital hi-res of the title, without the extra BS; you can still get Japanese SACDs from 2002 & 2010 for $20-$40, and the BD for about $50-$60 and all mastered by Bob L.
I agree with you J-Pup, but this is such an iconic album for me and I do want the extras as I will enjoy the extras. The new R.E.M Monster release is a different story for me, I have the first surround disc and the new release with extras does not interest me.

I was one who took the Bullmoose SACD offer early up on face value (yea, mistake).

However. Instead of cancelling, I accepted the CD just to hear the new mix. I like it 😵. Less muddy, and better treble than the earlier CDs, especially on the acoustic guitar bits. I do have the prior SACD, but haven't A / B'd it -- why bother, comparing oranges to apples?

So, at least, I'm happy to have the CD as an alternative mix. Will I spring for the new SACD in Roccoco clothes? Hmm . . . if the price goes down, maybe.

I received my copy of Let It Bleed 2019 remix SACD stereo and SACD mono. The packaging is like the 7" Japanese but a book, good reading and a few paper poster, etc.
I listened to the Mono, quite interesting really comes at you. I compared the 2019 DSD download and the 2019 SACD stereo, I can't hear the difference.
I also received in the same order the Miles Davis Live-Evil Stereo SACD which is two discs in a double disc plastic jewel case. Columbia Release
This is what I purchased $41.11 from CDJapan Live Evil SACD from CDJapan

I received my copy of Let It Bleed 2019 remix SACD stereo and SACD mono. The packaging is like the 7" Japanese but a book, good reading and a few paper poster, etc.
I listened to the Mono, quite interesting really comes at you. I compared the 2019 DSD download and the 2019 SACD stereo, I can't hear the difference.
I also received in the same order the Miles Davis Live-Evil Stereo SACD which is two discs in a double disc plastic jewel case. Columbia Release
This is what I purchased $41.11 from CDJapan Live Evil SACD from CDJapan
There is NO Let It Bleed 2019 remix. Does not exist.

The chance of seeing this album in any kind of true surround sound in our lifetimes is about zero. Of course, we can always pray that someone manages to get hold of the multitracks and produce a fan-based 5.1. I'll pass on this one. Hope avid Stones fans/collectors enjoy it, though.
DKA upmixes are sometimes better than official release. If Only he was still in the game.

There is NO Let It Bleed 2019 remix. Does not exist.
Larry Geller, if you would like to comment on what someone else did as a mistake, please back up what you say with some facts so that others may learn. Your reply comes off as arrogant.
My apologies this is what I should have said but because of my enthusiasm I was hasty in my words.
Let It Bleed 50th Anniversary Limited Deluxe Edition

180-gram 2LP in stereo and mono

Hybrid SACDs in stereo and mono

Remastered by Grammy Award winner Bob Ludwig

"Honky Tonk Woman/You Can't Always Get What You Want" 7-inch single in mono

Includes 80-page hardcover book — Essay by David Fricke, rare photos by Ethan Russell

Full color 12" poster from 1969 Decca album release

Hand-numbered replica-signed lthographs on archival paper

Okay, let’s all not worry about it. 2019 remaster, I take it. I have the 2002 SACD. So, this is the first time the original Mono mix has been put on SACD?

Reading an old Billboard magazine article from around 1968, I believe, it stated that the record companies were switching from mono and stereo releases, to just stereo. Looking back, what I find interesting is in a few short years, it would be stereo and quadraphonic in the early 1970s.

I'm listening to the BDA of this right now and it sounds pretty darn good. Much better than the BDA of Exile.

Can't image this box set sounding much different, or not??

Last edited:
Has anyone compared the 50th Anniversary SACD’s to the previous SACD and/or SHM-SACD?
Would be curious about opinions re: if the newer SACD’s are worth adding to the collection.
I have the older ones but love this record so much, would spring for the recent ones if they present some new wrinkles 👍🏼

I have 3 versions.
2009 SHM SACD Stereo
2014 BD-A Stereo
2019 (50th Anniversary) Hybrid SACD Stereo & Mono.

The 2009 SHM SACD and the 2014 BD-A both have exactly the same DR's per track.

The 50th has slightly better DR in Mono over Stereo. But I am sure nothing that I could hear the difference.

I would have to listen all together cuz I certainly can't remember if there is significant difference.

I believe I added the 50th to my collection, because it was the 50th, booklet, packaging, etc more than I was hoping for significant improvement in sound.

I have 3 versions.
2009 SHM SACD Stereo
2014 BD-A Stereo
2019 (50th Anniversary) Hybrid SACD Stereo & Mono.

The 2009 SHM SACD and the 2014 BD-A both have exactly the same DR's per track.

The 50th has slightly better DR in Mono over Stereo. But I am sure nothing that I could hear the difference.

I would have to listen all together cuz I certainly can't remember if there is significant difference.

I believe I added the 50th to my collection, because it was the 50th, booklet, packaging, etc more than I was hoping for significant improvement in sound.

Thank you for your response. I am going to guess that if there was a massive, noticeable improvement in sound it would have left an impression on you.

Thank you for your response. I am going to guess that if there was a massive, noticeable improvement in sound it would have left an impression on you.

The mastering is different.

There's simply no reason for there to be a massive improvement, or even difference, however.

The mastering is different.

There's simply no reason for there to be a massive improvement, or even difference, however.

I suppose that makes sense. I will probably stick with what I have. I think the SHM version sounds great, and the other is a Hybrid, which is handy.
Thanks for the feedback 👍🏼

Back