• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

The Rolling Stones "Let It Bleed (50th Anniversary Ltd. Deluxe Edition) (SACD/2LP) (ABKCO) (11/1/2019)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

CPR

300 Club - QQ All-Star
It seems that every time I get excited about a Stones re-issue, it disappoints
Case in fact: I have the SACD of GYYYO; greatest live album ever; IMHO
Anyway, they re-mastered it several years later, as well as BB, SF, LIB, GHS, whatever
Bottom line: it's still 2/channel Stereo; not like DVD/A, taken from the Original Masters, with superlative nuances
If the Beatles can create 5.1 re-masters, so can Mick & Keith
Actually, satanic Majesties in 5.1, would be awesome
your move!

shakti

The problem here is with ABKCO. AFAIK Mick and Keith don't have any say in this and ABKCO put together this and the previous 50th sets without any band input. Not that Mick and Keith seem very interested in doing 5.1 releases of any later stuff either...

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I own this Stereo SHM SACD SHM SACD. It is ripped and my copy is in a box somewhere. I have to admit it is very tempting for me to purchase this new edition as I have fond memories of this album.
I had saved up about $20.00 when I was in 9th grade and asked my Dad to take me to Tower Records at Columbus and Bay in SF, he of course said he would and then the weekend happened and he couldn't so he took me the following weekend, I was in torture waiting.
I purchased Let It Bleed, I can't remember, $3.00-$5.00? Recorded it on my Sony handheld cassette deck, brought it to school and everyone was digging it, especially the line about "he shoots water rats" whatever that meant?
I also own this Blu Ray, I don't think I can hear the difference.

Last edited:

CPR

300 Club - QQ All-Star
The problem here is with ABKCO. AFAIK Mick and Keith don't have any say in this and ABKCO put together this and the previous 50th sets without any band input. Not that Mick and Keith seem very interested in doing 5.1 releases of any later stuff either...
The later stuff; after Exile On Main Street, just isn't good enough for a surround mix; hate to say it, but after Taylor quit, the band was never the same; sonically

ar surround

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
The later stuff; after Exile On Main Street, just isn't good enough for a surround mix; hate to say it, but after Taylor quit, the band was never the same; sonically
Oh, but wouldn't we just love to have a debate about it if they did issue a surround mix. Come on guys, give us some Stones in surround!

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Is that first link still viable, once I get there, it says CD not SACD - road to nowhere?
This has been 'one of those weeks' for me in the WTF department. First Simon at Dutton emailed me 'did I try to place an order .....?' Well I emailed him back that I indeed ordered 21 discs and had a print out that it was successful/my payment was made and then he said it was received so late in the day that there was a screw up but finally acknowledged he found it and my discs were finally shipped. Then the screw up with the new 4K remastered BD~V [not UHD4K] of An American Werewolf in London. Little did I know it came in two versions...a deluxe version for a few dollars more which I REALLY wanted and a standard BD~V .....which I paid dearly for. Before I could cancel my order from Bullmoose .... I received the standard BD~V for like $29 [Hell, I paid $32 for the Jurassic Park 5 disc collection in UHD4K from Amazon......].....then my Bullmoose UHD4K of Scarface arrives and the UHD4K disc has a 'bubble' on the playing side and NOW THIS .....A SACD which is really NOT an SACD but a RBCD.....I already have the original $60 SHM~SACD of Let It Bleed ....... so now I have to send back Scarface and Let It Bleed to Bullmoose.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
This has been 'one of those weeks' for me in the WTF department. First Simon at Dutton emailed me 'did I try to place an order .....?' Well I emailed him back that I indeed ordered 21 discs and had a print out that it was successful/my payment was made and then he said it was received so late in the day that there was a screw up but finally acknowledged he found it and my discs were finally shipped. Then the screw up with the new 4K remastered BD~V [not UHD4K] of An American Werewolf in London. Little did I know it came in two versions...a deluxe version for a few dollars more which I REALLY wanted and a standard BD~V .....which I paid dearly for. Before I could cancel my order from Bullmoose .... I received the standard BD~V for like $29 [Hell, I paid $32 for the Jurassic Park 5 disc collection in UHD4K from Amazon......].....then my Bullmoose UHD4K of Scarface arrives and the UHD4K disc has a 'bubble' on the playing side and NOW THIS .....A SACD which is really NOT an SACD but a RBCD.....I already have the original $60 SHM~SACD of Let It Bleed ....... so now I have to send back Scarface and Let It Bleed to Bullmoose.
Talking Heads all over again! ☹

The56Kid

Bummer deluxe, dude!

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Tattoo You would make an awesome 5.1 Surround mix, with all those classy overdubs and shine Clearmountain brought to the original stereo mix, I’m sure he’d know just what to do with a surround mix layout. Many other albums too, to say nothing about individual tracks that stand out, “Time Waits for No One” or “Angie” anyone.

The Stones legacy will get a fresh new look and mix at some point - at least a few albums.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Multis for “Gimme Shelter” are out there - I’ve heard at least two fan attempts at a surround mix.
I read the multis for the Satanic Majesties Request album are long gone too. Yet I have eight discs of instrumental backing tracks from the sessions! Remember those boot box sets? “Satanic Sessions” I think they are called.

soundboy

QQ Supporter

Japanese original release. 50th anniversary edition of "Let It Bleed" release from The Rolling Stones. Main features:
  • 7-inch size slipcase packaging
  • a bonus cover artwork replicating the design of the Japanese first pressing single "Honky Tonk Woman / You Can't Always Get What You Want"
  • an obi replicating the one with the Japanese first pressing LP

Hybrid SACD with the tracks (stereo & mono) remastered by Bob Ludwig. Two 7-inch size cardboard sleeve. Comes with a 80-page booklet, autographed lithographs (printed), and a mini-poster. Comes with lyrics and a description.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

Japanese original release. 50th anniversary edition of "Let It Bleed" release from The Rolling Stones. Main features:
  • 7-inch size slipcase packaging
  • a bonus cover artwork replicating the design of the Japanese first pressing single "Honky Tonk Woman / You Can't Always Get What You Want"
  • an obi replicating the one with the Japanese first pressing LP

Hybrid SACD with the tracks (stereo & mono) remastered by Bob Ludwig. Two 7-inch size cardboard sleeve. Comes with a 80-page booklet, autographed lithographs (printed), and a mini-poster. Comes with lyrics and a description.
A saner alternative to the set containing vinyl. Thanks for posting soundboy. And the price is right!

Last edited:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
This is still a tough sell to me. If you just want a digital hi-res of the title, without the extra BS; you can still get Japanese SACDs from 2002 & 2010 for $20-$40, and the BD for about $50-$60 and all mastered by Bob L.