The Rolling Stones "Let It Bleed (50th Anniversary Ltd. Deluxe Edition) (SACD/2LP) (ABKCO) (11/1/2019)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems that every time I get excited about a Stones re-issue, it disappoints
Case in fact: I have the SACD of GYYYO; greatest live album ever; IMHO
Anyway, they re-mastered it several years later, as well as BB, SF, LIB, GHS, whatever
Bottom line: it's still 2/channel Stereo; not like DVD/A, taken from the Original Masters, with superlative nuances
If the Beatles can create 5.1 re-masters, so can Mick & Keith
Actually, satanic Majesties in 5.1, would be awesome
your move!

The problem here is with ABKCO. AFAIK Mick and Keith don't have any say in this and ABKCO put together this and the previous 50th sets without any band input. Not that Mick and Keith seem very interested in doing 5.1 releases of any later stuff either...

I own this Stereo SHM SACD SHM SACD. It is ripped and my copy is in a box somewhere. I have to admit it is very tempting for me to purchase this new edition as I have fond memories of this album.
I had saved up about $20.00 when I was in 9th grade and asked my Dad to take me to Tower Records at Columbus and Bay in SF, he of course said he would and then the weekend happened and he couldn't so he took me the following weekend, I was in torture waiting.
I purchased Let It Bleed, I can't remember, $3.00-$5.00? Recorded it on my Sony handheld cassette deck, brought it to school and everyone was digging it, especially the line about "he shoots water rats" whatever that meant?
I also own this Blu Ray, I don't think I can hear the difference.

Last edited:
The problem here is with ABKCO. AFAIK Mick and Keith don't have any say in this and ABKCO put together this and the previous 50th sets without any band input. Not that Mick and Keith seem very interested in doing 5.1 releases of any later stuff either...
The later stuff; after Exile On Main Street, just isn't good enough for a surround mix; hate to say it, but after Taylor quit, the band was never the same; sonically

The later stuff; after Exile On Main Street, just isn't good enough for a surround mix; hate to say it, but after Taylor quit, the band was never the same; sonically

Oh, but wouldn't we just love to have a debate about it if they did issue a surround mix. Come on guys, give us some Stones in surround!

Is that first link still viable, once I get there, it says CD not SACD - road to nowhere?

This has been 'one of those weeks' for me in the WTF department. First Simon at Dutton emailed me 'did I try to place an order .....?' Well I emailed him back that I indeed ordered 21 discs and had a print out that it was successful/my payment was made and then he said it was received so late in the day that there was a screw up but finally acknowledged he found it and my discs were finally shipped. Then the screw up with the new 4K remastered BD~V [not UHD4K] of An American Werewolf in London. Little did I know it came in two versions...a deluxe version for a few dollars more which I REALLY wanted and a standard BD~V .....which I paid dearly for. Before I could cancel my order from Bullmoose .... I received the standard BD~V for like $29 [Hell, I paid $32 for the Jurassic Park 5 disc collection in UHD4K from Amazon......].....then my Bullmoose UHD4K of Scarface arrives and the UHD4K disc has a 'bubble' on the playing side and NOW THIS .....A SACD which is really NOT an SACD but a RBCD.....I already have the original $60 SHM~SACD of Let It Bleed ....... so now I have to send back Scarface and Let It Bleed to Bullmoose.

This has been 'one of those weeks' for me in the WTF department. First Simon at Dutton emailed me 'did I try to place an order .....?' Well I emailed him back that I indeed ordered 21 discs and had a print out that it was successful/my payment was made and then he said it was received so late in the day that there was a screw up but finally acknowledged he found it and my discs were finally shipped. Then the screw up with the new 4K remastered BD~V [not UHD4K] of An American Werewolf in London. Little did I know it came in two versions...a deluxe version for a few dollars more which I REALLY wanted and a standard BD~V .....which I paid dearly for. Before I could cancel my order from Bullmoose .... I received the standard BD~V for like $29 [Hell, I paid $32 for the Jurassic Park 5 disc collection in UHD4K from Amazon......].....then my Bullmoose UHD4K of Scarface arrives and the UHD4K disc has a 'bubble' on the playing side and NOW THIS .....A SACD which is really NOT an SACD but a RBCD.....I already have the original $60 SHM~SACD of Let It Bleed ....... so now I have to send back Scarface and Let It Bleed to Bullmoose.
Talking Heads all over again! ☹

Bummer deluxe, dude!

Tattoo You would make an awesome 5.1 Surround mix, with all those classy overdubs and shine Clearmountain brought to the original stereo mix, I’m sure he’d know just what to do with a surround mix layout. Many other albums too, to say nothing about individual tracks that stand out, “Time Waits for No One” or “Angie” anyone.

The Stones legacy will get a fresh new look and mix at some point - at least a few albums.

Multis for “Gimme Shelter” are out there - I’ve heard at least two fan attempts at a surround mix.

I read the multis for the Satanic Majesties Request album are long gone too. Yet I have eight discs of instrumental backing tracks from the sessions! Remember those boot box sets? “Satanic Sessions” I think they are called.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UIGY-9710
Japanese original release. 50th anniversary edition of "Let It Bleed" release from The Rolling Stones. Main features:
  • 7-inch size slipcase packaging
  • a bonus cover artwork replicating the design of the Japanese first pressing single "Honky Tonk Woman / You Can't Always Get What You Want"
  • an obi replicating the one with the Japanese first pressing LP

Hybrid SACD with the tracks (stereo & mono) remastered by Bob Ludwig. Two 7-inch size cardboard sleeve. Comes with a 80-page booklet, autographed lithographs (printed), and a mini-poster. Comes with lyrics and a description.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UIGY-9710
Japanese original release. 50th anniversary edition of "Let It Bleed" release from The Rolling Stones. Main features:
  • 7-inch size slipcase packaging
  • a bonus cover artwork replicating the design of the Japanese first pressing single "Honky Tonk Woman / You Can't Always Get What You Want"
  • an obi replicating the one with the Japanese first pressing LP

Hybrid SACD with the tracks (stereo & mono) remastered by Bob Ludwig. Two 7-inch size cardboard sleeve. Comes with a 80-page booklet, autographed lithographs (printed), and a mini-poster. Comes with lyrics and a description.

A saner alternative to the set containing vinyl. Thanks for posting soundboy. And the price is right!
UIGY-9710.jpg

Last edited:
Back