The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luckily for me I purchased Gilbert more as a curiosity and to support the SDE Surround Series. It's not something I needed to hear on release day so I can be patient. I've bought dozens of things through Paul's SDE shop over the years without an issue so I'm not at all worried.
You can stream it in Dolby Atmos on Apple Music.

I don’t see this as an issue with Paul and realize it is out of his hands. I’m very appreciative that he is making this Blu-ray Audio series available

Im glad for Pauls work also. Love his choice of albums to bring to the Surround marketplace. So, when a problem exists on shipping a product, a bit of communication from the seller sure would be helpful. Last I heard - the wait was due to getting Gils signature. That was quite awhile ago. A shipping or situation update sure would be helpful. thanks

I do hope that if a signature is offered in the future, that SDE will give buyers the choice. It really doesn't matter to me to have it signed - but over a two month delay is a true bummer ... and yes, I am well aware this is out of his control. I just wish the label would ask Paul if there are some of us who just want the Blu-ray at this point now without a signature.

From the chat window on SDE:
Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 3.17.54 PM.png

My streaming budget does some out of my music purchase budget. But I've got some left over. The main thing I'm not buying any more are the $100 boxes with one surround mix that I can stream instead.
But then I wonder about this:
"With streaming I can listen to it only when I have an internet connection"
What paid streaming service doesn't have an offline function? Of course you need to select the stuff you want to listen offline, but then you have it on your device.

But then I wonder about this:
"With streaming I can listen to it only when I have an internet connection"
What paid streaming service doesn't have an offline function? Of course you need to select the stuff you want to listen offline, but then you have it on your device.
You can download on Tidal, which is what I use. I’ve probably bought a thousand CDs that I have listened to 3 times or less. These days I’ll listen to those albums two or three times and then not buy them.

Hi all,

Saw a few comments about Gilbert so let me give you an update:

BMG promised we'd have them on 17 Sep, after previously promising we'd have them by the end of August.
After multiple emails to them this week, we were told the blu-rays are only now on their way to Jersey (where Gilbert lives)!

Frustrating isn't the word. Gilbert's management is his daughters, that's who BMG have to deal with, so everything else is getting priority: COVID (fair enough), touring, etc. He finished his tour a couple of weeks ago so god knows what he's been doing - probably having a nice holiday somewhere!

We have sent at least 3 emails to all affected customers (largely non-UK orderers) so I feel we have done our best to keep you in touch and reject one or two suggestions that people don't know what's going on. The last email was sent on 1 of September saying we had been promised 17 Sep.

Obviously now there will be another email.

I wish we hadn't bothered with the signatures. It was BMG's suggestion and of course I said 'great'.
But we are stuck now waiting for this to happen. If I said 'don't bother' then we could get lots of people who will reject the product when they receive it.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer now, but it will still be a least another 7-10 days before we can despatch, I think.

Thanks for your patience.
Paul

Hi all,

Saw a few comments about Gilbert so let me give you an update:

BMG promised we'd have them on 17 Sep, after previously promising we'd have them by the end of August.
After multiple emails to them this week, we were told the blu-rays are only now on their way to Jersey (where Gilbert lives)!

Frustrating isn't the word. Gilbert's management is his daughters, that's who BMG have to deal with, so everything else is getting priority: COVID (fair enough), touring, etc. He finished his tour a couple of weeks ago so god knows what he's been doing - probably having a nice holiday somewhere!

We have sent at least 3 emails to all affected customers (largely non-UK orderers) so I feel we have done our best to keep you in touch and reject one or two suggestions that people don't know what's going on. The last email was sent on 1 of September saying we had been promised 17 Sep.

Obviously now there will be another email.

I wish we hadn't bothered with the signatures. It was BMG's suggestion and of course I said 'great'.
But we are stuck now waiting for this to happen. If I said 'don't bother' then we could get lots of people who will reject the product when they receive it.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer now, but it will still be a least another 7-10 days before we can despatch, I think.

Thanks for your patience.
Paul
I think we all can breathe easy and play our other SDE Surround Series discs in the meantime. Thanks for the update Paul. Can't wait to buy every title in this endeavor.

As a registered member of the SDE website I received an interesting "SDE's Week in Review: 25 September 2022" "Newsletter" email today written by Paul, that will most likely strike a sympathetic chord with us on this forum, about large label box set contents. Since I'm not finding that particular "Newsletter" on their web page, I won't copy it to here.

However, if you’re signed up for SDE emails, it's a good read.

Last edited:
As a registered member of the SDE website I received an interesting "SDE's Week in Review: 25 September 2022" "Newsletter" email today written by Paul, that will most likely strike a sympathetic chord with us on this forum, about large label box set contents. Since I'm not finding that particular "Newsletter" on their web page, I won't copy it to here.

However, if you’re signed up for SDE emails, it's a good read.
They at the main record company's are managers (read money chasers) instead of real music lovers, if they are they think also twice is this to justify these days

Back