The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Kind of curious how all these releases compare with each other.
So far we've seen: -

Artist/AlbumStereoAtmos [THD]TrueHD [THD]DTS-HD
01 Tears For Fears
[2022] The Tipping Point--8+16Ch 48.0kHz--6Ch 48/24
02 xPropoganda
[2022] The Heart Is Strange2Ch PCM 48/248+16Ch 48.0kHz--6Ch 48/24
03 Gilbert O'Sullivan
[2022] Driven2Ch THD 48.0kHz8+16Ch 48.0kHz6Ch 48.0kHz--
04 Shakespears Sister
[1992] Hormonally Yours (2022 Remix)2Ch PCM 96/248+16Ch 48.0kHz--6Ch 48/24

So far we've seen: -

Artist/AlbumStereoAtmos [THD]TrueHD [THD]DTS-HD
01 Tears For Fears
[2022] The Tipping Point--8+16Ch 48.0kHz--6Ch 48/24
02 xPropoganda
[2022] The Heart Is Strange2Ch PCM 48/248+16Ch 48.0kHz--6Ch 48/24
03 Gilbert O'Sullivan
[2022] Driven2Ch THD 48.0kHz8+16Ch 48.0kHz6Ch 48.0kHz--
04 Shakespears Sister
[1992] Hormonally Yours (2022 Remix)2Ch PCM 96/248+16Ch 48.0kHz--6Ch 48/24

I was thinking more in terms of how many were made, but your chart is cool, too. Thank you. It reminds me how much my musical tastes have changed.

I’ve bought each one so far even though I wasn’t a fan of any of these artists except Eno.

But the desire to add more Atmos content to my library and wanting to support physical releases has opened a new world for me, musically speaking.

I've never heard of Gilbert O'Sullivan (sorry...), but I've purchased all the other ones (Eno is in the mail), and I'm looking forward to the next ones in the series! Including the TfF slip cover with SS was a wonderful gift, BTW.

Paul ran a poll on the Terence Trent Darby "Hardline According To" a few months ago. I'd buy that in a second but being a Sony release, I know it's not going to happen...

I've never heard of Gilbert O'Sullivan (sorry...), but I've purchased all the other ones (Eno is in the mail), and I'm looking forward to the next ones in the series! Including the TfF slip cover with SS was a wonderful gift, BTW.
Gilbert O’Sullivan had a few number one singles in the UK in the early 1970’s then disappeared, if you’re under 60 you wont have heard of him

Help is on the way, 8.7% SS COLA next year :)

I get tickled just learning what the new & unforeseen SDE title is, when they drop.
:unsure: That had me baffled for a while until I did an internet search! My first thought was wondering why 8.7% of the ship SS Cola helped :LOL: so post search it seems a bit like our UK state pension?

I read that post from last month... emphasis on last month.. .where he rights 7 days from 9/17.... that has long since come and gone. I never received a follow up email from the shop as also noted in his post. This just a pure mess and I don't get why an option for no signature has been offered by this point. Certainly grateful that he won't pursue signatures after this one.

I read that post from last month... emphasis on last month.. .where he rights 7 days from 9/17.... that has long since come and gone. I never received a follow up email from the shop as also noted in his post. This just a pure mess and I don't get why an option for no signature has been offered by this point. Certainly grateful that he won't pursue signatures after this one.
Totally agree, the last mail I received was on Sept 01st and in five days time the disc will have been released three months ago. It's a debacle.

Back