The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, Concert For George was a joint effort between SDE's Paul Sinclair and CRAFT RECORDINGS which is a subsidiary of Concord Music

Concord's music catalog is managed by its CRAFT RECORDINGS label team. Craft is home to one of the largest and most prestigious collections of master recordings and compositions in the world.

Hopefully, future collaborations between SDE's Paul Sinclair and CRAFT RECORDINGS will emerge!
They bought ( Concord) the whole Genesis music catalog, except the Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett era, gives maybe possibilities for the future either.

They bought ( Concord) the whole Genesis music catalog, except the Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett era, gives maybe possibilities for the future either.
Hadn't heard of that. Here's how Concord puts the Gabriel/Hackett asterisk: "Not encompassed in the acquisition are the participation of Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett in the early Genesis albums." Strange phrasing. Not quite sure what it would mean in practice. Gabriel and Hackett would have to give their permission--and get paid separately--for any future reissues of the Genesis albums in which they "participated"?
https://concord.com/news/concord-ac...their-participation-in-the-genesis-catalogue/https://pitchfork.com/news/phil-collins-and-genesis-sell-catalogs-to-concord-music-group/

Last edited:
Precisely - I'm a free man to buy any number of them discs!

Didn't know there was an XTC connection too (no hints this time):

I went to Portmeirion ("the village" in northern Wales) during a Prisoner convention. Human chess games, mini-moke tour, the works. Concrete boat, incense, and ballons :p, to alter a famous lyric! Great series from my youth.

edit: oh, pre-ordered GEORGE!

Last edited:
I went to Portmeirion ("the village" in northern Wales) during a Prisoner convention. Human chess games, mini-moke tour, the works. Concrete boat, incense, and ballons :p, to alter a famous lyric! Great series from my youth.

edit: oh, pre-ordered GEORGE!
Be seeing you!!

Seems at this time, there are not that many slipcases available. xPropaganda, Tears for Fears. I don't see any other ones.
There are no other ones, as from #3 Gilbert O'Sullivan onwards they ship with slipcases from the start. Only TFF and xPropaganda have slipcases printed afterwards.

Are there any Paul Hicks mixes that are liked here?
His definition of more daring may not match ours.

As the original BDV is out of print and not cheap I am considering this.

There is a theatrical showing near me on Nov 29 but seats are sold out. It is a small theater.

Something I just noticed. Price!

Orbital total cost $35.43
Concert For George total cost $43.45

Why such a difference in cost?? Both are Paypal, both from SDE Shop. OK, did some digging. The slipcase I added to last purchase added quite a bit for shipping. WTF?? The weight of the slipcase is like nothing.

1669300370220.png
1669300485623.png

Why such a difference in cost?? Both are Paypal, both from SDE Shop. OK, did some digging. The slipcase I added to last purchase added quite a bit for shipping. WTF?? The weight of the slipcase is like nothing.

View attachment 85569 View attachment 85570
Note the price of the Concert for George is $1 GBP higher than the Orbital disc. Also, I believe the British Pound has been gaining ground, thus the currency exchange is not as favorable. However, I agree that something is off, and wonder if VAT somehow got included on your order.

Pure Audio is exactly that, an audio only format; no video allowed.
Just to be clear, it’s a branding not a format. There is nothing in the BD specification prohibiting video.

Pure Audio Blu-ray is just a way of authoring the Blu-ray menu. But it can include video and all multimedia the producer wants. I actually have some with some Video-clip option in the menu.

The Pure Audio Blu-ray has an authoring/menu that enable to play without any TV/Monitor, and the tracks are played sequentially, without any intervention, the same way an audio-CD does.

Also, some authoring can enable selections or options in the menu just pressing particular numbers on the remote.

View attachment 85569 View attachment 85570
Shipping went up 4 GBP also right?

Back