The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything But The Girl / new album 'Fuse' limited edition CD+blu-ray with Dolby Atmos Mix'Fuse' limited edition CD+blu-ray with Dolby Atmos Mix

WOW .... RBCD + BD~A in Dolby ATMOS for £20.00 ... Release date: April 21, 2023

https://www.thesdeshop.com/collections/new-in/products/everything-but-
EDIT: Pre Ordered: £28 incl s/h to the U.S.

https://pitchfork.com/news/everythi...irst-album-in-24-years-share-new-song-listen/
[includes sample track]

91fwx2eBuzL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't heard this band before, hope we get som preview tracks in Atmos on Apple Music. £20 is a good price, but it becomes £55 before I can play it. :confused:
You have probably heard the track “Missing” & not realized it was EBTG…it was a worldwide hit 🌎
Also - this is not exclusive to SDE - so look around for a better price 🤑

You have probably heard the track “Missing” & not realized it was EBTG…it was a worldwide hit 🌎
Also - this is not exclusive to SDE - so look around for a better price 🤑
Wow! I actually have heard that song "Missing". I really like that one....not sure if that translates to me liking this new title.

Wow! I actually have heard that song "Missing". I really like that one....not sure if that translates to me liking this new title.
The funny thing is that they really are not a “dance” band, but it took a remix of that song to create hit.

I think they are fantastic. I love Tracey Thorne’s voice & Ben Watt is also quite good when he gives it a go. When they sing together it is heavenly. Here is one of my faves - listen all the way through!

I remember them well...
The particular song of theirs that I recall & liked was 'Meet Me In The Morning'. Even though I still have the CD, I haven't listened to this in many years...

Last edited:
She sounds like a really old black singer now!
Her SWEET voice has TOTALLY changed ...and I'd dare say that I am not a fan of how she sounds now...oh well...
I'm the opposite...absolutely fine with how her voice sounds now, but can't get into the single dropped for the new album. I dunno, it's just not clicking. It sounds way more modern and I guess I'm not used to that at all.

LOL! I can almost predict what will happen. I'll open the disc and listen.....then wonder why the hell did I buy it...since I'm a rocker at heart. Oh well.
How did you guess what happens to me too?

We always say that with surround and immersive listening, we come to appreciate some styles that we didn't liked before.

This was absolute true when there was 'very few' new Atmos releases, and we were eager to listen to something in Atmos. But Now, with the explosive number of Atmos releases, we have to filter and select again as we used to do before.

She sounds like a really old black singer now!
Her SWEET voice has TOTALLY changed ...and I'd dare say that I am not a fan of how she sounds now...oh well...
I actually have not listened to the new single - just love their past work so much immediately bought a new surround sound release from them…I’ll have to check it out…

When I saw the news of this release I thought it was part of the Surround Sound Series, but it struck me as odd that Paul didn’t give it as big of a write-up as he has the others.

I didn’t care for the single I heard and thought that maybe I needed to tell myself it’s OK if I don’t get every release in the series. Still having that conversation.

Rather relieved to learn this EbtG album isn’t a part of the series. Not my thing, but as always I’m happy if it’s someone else’s thing and my fingers are crossed that it’s a well-done Atmos mix for everyone here who buys it.

LOL! I can almost predict what will happen. I'll open the disc and listen.....then wonder why the hell did I buy it...since I'm a rocker at heart. Oh well.
I predicted wrong. I got smart and cancelled my order. I mean, I'll use that $26 and apply it towards the Hawkwind release...which I will enjoy 10 fold.

Damn, I might be in the minority here but I really like the new single. It's possible that it might be a bit too modern for some, but I've found it to be an incredible come back track. Reminds me of some stuff from burial or some other UK Garage artists, but with EBTG's take on it. Maybe I'm just not super familiar with their work prior but I really like her new voice in it too. Regardless, I can see why some might not like it if you're mainly familiar with rock music. While of course I enjoy rock music and similar styles, I am probably a bit more of an electronic music fan than a rock fan, so this is a release I am particularly excited for.

Before the whole Dolby Atmos explosion happened there were honestly so few true electronic surround titles out there. While I really enjoy a lot of the reissues of older classic albums (e.g. the steven wilson yes remixes), part of why I got burned out on multichannel previously was because of the lack of modern/non-rock titles mixed in surround. With releases like this though, it reminds me why I've gotten back into the hobby again.

Damn, I might be in the minority here but I really like the new single. It's possible that it might be a bit too modern for some, but I've found it to be an incredible come back track. Reminds me of some stuff from burial or some other UK Garage artists, but with EBTG's take on it. Maybe I'm just not super familiar with their work prior but I really like her new voice in it too. Regardless, I can see why some might not like it if you're mainly familiar with rock music. While of course I enjoy rock music and similar styles, I am probably a bit more of an electronic music fan than a rock fan, so this is a release I am particularly excited for.

Before the whole Dolby Atmos explosion happened there were honestly so few true electronic surround titles out there. While I really enjoy a lot of the reissues of older classic albums (e.g. the steven wilson yes remixes), part of why I got burned out on multichannel previously was because of the lack of modern/non-rock titles mixed in surround. With releases like this though, it reminds me why I've gotten back into the hobby again.
I am more of a fan of their acoustic/rock/pop sound…but I will give this a go…it could be quite interesting in surround.
Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Back